• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

[BRIS] Big Bench in Paradise comp

And hope nobody stronger than you lifts in your class lol.
Gareer, One of my guys will be lifting in your class. Not sure if he is becoming a member or not though.
Posted via Mobile Device

SORRY GUYS ABOUT RECORDS. This is from CAPO president.
Hi Jeff,

I made a mistake about the records in the bench comp in October. records can only be set at a state championships or a national championships. This has come about due to issue in the past and this is now a WPC rule due to the same problem around the world....

That means at the Deadlift comp in December records can be set, even if you make it a push and pull comp......

sorry about the bad feedback. it still means people can set un official records, I've do it heaps of times and they are usually PB's for the lifter....

Hope this helps.

Jeff,

Shame, but no big deal. I can still set a genuine competition benchmark for myself and aim to improve it in future state or national comps. I've downloaded the CAPO membership form off the website and will get it sent off shortly with my $85 to the PO Box in Footscray.

Hopefully I'll catch up with you this Saturday at your new gym and say Hi. Meeting Scott at his place tonight for a bench session so he can give me some pointers on form.

Cheers,
Mike

That makes more sense, but here is a major problem.

Where the f u ck can we set National Single Lift Bench Records. Is it only at the Nats?

We dont have a State Bench Comp.

WPC doesnt recognize the Pro Bench in March in Melbourne. Ange Galatis lift from there not on official WPC website. If Paul is using the WPC rules, he cant have it both ways.

Where did all the lifters currently on the Record Boards perform their lifts? Of the 21 raw records, it appears 16 were set at a comp WPC doesnt recognize, 1 at a Nationals and 4 at a push pull, which is NOT a single lift comp.

Does that mean we only have 1 OFFICIAL single lift bench record for Raw Men?

why are the bench results seperate anyways???

I would have thought even if a lifter in a 3 lift comp makes a record for say bench it would be a bench record..wheather it be a 3 lift comp or not..

That makes more sense, but here is a major problem.

Where the f u ck can we set National Single Lift Bench Records. Is it only at the Nats?

We dont have a State Bench Comp.

WPC doesnt recognize the Pro Bench in March in Melbourne. Ange Galatis lift from there not on official WPC website. If Paul is using the WPC rules, he cant have it both ways.

Where did all the lifters currently on the Record Boards perform their lifts? Of the 21 raw records, it appears 16 were set at a comp WPC doesnt recognize, 1 at a Nationals and 4 at a push pull, which is NOT a single lift comp.

Does that mean we only have 1 OFFICIAL single lift bench record for Raw Men?

I agree with this.
Technically, does that mean we have to enter the bench only section at the nats to get records?
If so, that sucks. Capo need to either hold more bench comps or try and get the rule changed.
Posted via Mobile Device

You would think so wouldnt you.

But trofius, we have lots of lazy lifters who only compete in BP, I'm not making this up.

I understand why we only have bench for handicapped lifters, but for lifters with functioning legs.

Another area which I feel is dreadful but I have no solution, so I've never brought it up before, is lifters taking token squat/deadlift attempts to set records at bench. This even happens at Nats.

Thats why lifters like Jeff Lam stand head and shoulders above others, he just missed an Australian Record BP whilst also squatting 300kg and deadlifting 282.5kg. Would he have made the bench without the squat? Maybe. Did he do the right thing? Absolutely.

Others made records but took 60kg attempts on lifts they werent going for a record on.

I have no solution, so I stay quiet.

Scott, what weight class is your guy competing in? Even if it's not for a record it'd be good to see what I should be lifting roughly.

You would think so wouldnt you.

But trofius, we have lots of lazy lifters who only compete in BP, I'm not making this up.

I understand why we only have bench for handicapped lifters, but for lifters with functioning legs.

Another area which I feel is dreadful but I have no solution, so I've never brought it up before, is lifters taking token squat/deadlift attempts to set records at bench. This even happens at Nats.

Others made records but took 60kg attempts on lifts they werent going for a record on.

I have no solution, so I stay quiet.

I did originally post a dribble questioning this but deleted it as i didnt know if it really happened.:eek:.

It would be better if they could just enter the bench part, it would stop people wasting time. what they dont train for is their problem.

Ok this comp is now called the "national big bench in paradise" and national records will now be able to be broken. Sorry for all the confusion! There will be a men's and women's raw and equipped division.

Also, all entry forms need to be in by Friday October 8th, download a generic entry form from the Capo website, fill it out and post your entry fees and completed forms to:
CAPO QLD
PO BOX 187
Qld 4064
Money Orders and Cheques can be made out to Jeff Lam, thanks. Any questions, post on here

Great news Jeff. What has been changed?
Can I give you my form/money order?

Just to confirm jeff, all enterents MUST wear a soft suit?

As this is now a national comp and records be able to be broken, soft suits must be worn. And yes mate, you can give me the money and forms at training!

Absolutely awesome news!

I'll send my CAPO membership form off ASAP and then get the comp form either mailed or handed to Jeff on Sat if I can make it (injury notwithstanding).

Cheers,
Mike

Your doing some great things up there Jeff, well done.

Make sure you Queenslanders get amongst it and support Jeff.