• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

[BRIS] Big Bench in Paradise comp

Jeff, I agree with Mike completely thats an amazing offer, thanks so much. I'm seeing my surgeon tomorrow and he'll give me the all clear to slowly work back into things hopefully. Once I've got a week of decent training I'd love to come get some pointers. I'm keen to improve my bench for sure. And I'm sure i'll be pulling a scott and be there every saturday after that :).

am keen as!!

The only thing will be the cost, (it is tight as here just now) will I have to buy a soft suit etc or will the regulations be more relaxed as this is open to the public. Will it be the 24hour weigh in etc also?

It is basically 12 weeks away so it is enough for anyone that wants to enter to focus on a goal lift and train for it..

I will be happy if I can do a comp standard pb at this, that is my goal.
you will need a soft suit ,sorry no relaxed rules ,once you have one ,you have that part of your gear for a long time in the future

Is this a sanctioned event Jeff?

I know Henry in WA and Laurie in Canberra allowed non members to compete at the WA and NSW state titles, and there were guys lifting who weren't members and didn't wear a soft suit. They both said they were trying to get lifters involved in the sport at minimum cost.

CAPO membership is $85, soft suit is $70, comp entry fee $30?????

there is times that non members lift ,they pay a slightly higher entry fee but new membership is 85 then 60 per year after so if you intend to lift in the future its a once off for your soft suit and 60 per year remember all monies in come back to the members in one form or another,any sport you take up there is a cost assosiated with it .big bench in paradise is an event i started some 8 years ago its growing and i hope it will be a big one on the capo calander in the futurer so join in and help make the day, any qld members who would like a dvd of a previous event e mail me you address and its yours barbella@iprimus.com.au

Were does one obtain a soft suit, or were is the cheapest place to get one. This is starting to become an expensive idea..

their only about $70 from Minh at titian. He has, if not, the best customer service in the world.

Now this is mean. My shoulder shits itself then someone holds a bench comp open to the public and in driving distance from me.

Dammit!

Come down and say gday to all the fellas.

Ill be down for a bench off, hopefully i can get my shit together after the terrible pressing I did at nats.

Dam thats a week after i get back from Europe :(, I would love to compete but after 8 weeks of not training i think it would be best not to jump straight into a Comp. I will be looking forward to next years but.

Also guys, if you dont mention what colour you would like your suit to be, Minh will most likely send you a blue one.

I have a blue one, nothing wrong with it, but i wish I had of asked for a black or red one instead.

Some details for the upcoming comp, national records can be broken!

Name : CAPO ‘Big Bench in Paradise’
Date: Saturday October 23rd 2010
Venue: Healthworks West End, 33 Vulture St, West End
Time: Lifting Starts at 1pm, Weigh ins at 10am-12pm
Cost: $35 for CAPO members, $50 for non members.

$50 for non-members is a bit steep...?

I paid $25 as a non-member at the CAPO WA States and I got to do 3 lifts :p

Haha Mike if i Manage to stay at any weight I'll look ok as well in the 18 - 19 div. Love it lol