• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

[BRIS] Big Bench in Paradise comp

hahah dave, I was the skinniest little runt there.

I told you you need to eat more. MMMMMM FOOD. Now go eat about 700 calories worth as your second last meal of the night.

Markos/alvin
He got an easy 250kg, aborted 260kg on the negative due to an existing injury.
He is the nicest bloke I've met in a long, long time. Very down to earth, and gave me some good tips. Hope I get to chat to him again in December.
Posted via Mobile Device

Ok here's some results

Louise Vu-Duy..........
39-VIC...O...F.......60kg.......58.55.......Raw......60.00/ 62.50/ 65.00/ 67.50

Corrolie Weir
........ 48-QLD..M..F.......52kg........51.55.......Equip....75.00/ 80.00/ 82.50/ 85.00

Michael Seeney........
36-QLD..O...M.....75kg.........73.60.......Raw.....110.00 /115.00/ 120.00

Michael Greer
....... 18-QLD...T...M.....82.5kg......78.70.......Raw........92.50/ 100.00/ 105.00

Scott Watts
.......... 22-QLD...J....M.....82.5kg......80.05......Raw......107.50 /112.50/ 115.00/ -117.50

Barry Murray...........
52-VIC....M...M....100kg.......97.90......Equip....140.00/ 147.50/ 155.00/ 160.00

B
rendan Haines.........42-VIC....O....M.......90kg.....89.80.......Equip....170.00/ -177.50/ -177.50

Allan Kliese..............
31-QLD...O....M.....125kg....142.30......Raw......180.00/ 190.00/ 200.00

George Okunev
......29-WA......O...M.......125kg...116.90......Equip...250.00/ -260.00

4th attempts were allowed because they were going for records.

Last edited by a moderator:
Markos I sent my paid form to CAPO last friday (15th) but I haven't heard anything from them so I'm not 100% sure.

Well then your a member, congratulations on your Australian Record

Teenage 18/19 - Bench Only - Raw - 82.5kg class - 105kg

thanks markos :) that's great. I'm gonna crush it at the next comp. Now that I've got a taste of the comps I'm hooked.

Finally got home a few hours ago!

It was great to meet Scott and Michael, and everyone at the comp, Everyone was really helpfull and offered heaps of advice, for us newbies lol.

I was really happy with how I went, wasnt perfect but I have now had a go, and learnt heaps, need to alter my single lifts a tad, I am too accustomed to just racking after I lift, mainly.

I will be very keen for the December comp, time allowing.. i will alos join CAPO aswell, so i am also able to set records, currently single lifts sub masters is blank.

Great day

Thanks heaps to Scott, Jeff, Mason, and Frank, and Everyone else, great day!

Michael Seeney........ 36-QLD..O...M.....75kg.........73.60.......Raw..... 120kg

New Australian National record, sub masters, 75kg class

Well done big fella,well done to all 3 of you

Hopefully you come down for the december push pull mike so you can break your records then! It's always good to be able to say you've broken a record.

Hopefully you come down for the december push pull mike so you can break your records then! It's always good to be able to say you've broken a record.

Will have to see if I can get the time off work first, and then look at flights , a 7 hour drive sucks.

Awesome lifting guys, records all round for paid up members... ;)

Gareer, was that red flag for your foot moving was it? I thought you racked a fraction early but it was a clean lift. Well done everyone! You've done yourself and our little AusBB community proud. Would have loved to be lifting with you but I'll get this shoulder sorted and be in it next time.

Cheers,
Mike

The Queensland guys, Jeff and Frank are so friendly, it couldnt be anything BUT a good comp, well done fellas.

Also well done to the 3 Vics that made the trip, Barry, Brendan and Louise

Hows Barrys benching at 74 years old, awesome lol

Mike, your right it was because I moved my foot, mason came and spoke to me after, but my hip cramped up so I either moved my foot slightly or you could have watched me fall as my hip completely cramped up!

PTC - Your absolutely right, Jeff and Frank are the best. The experience was amazing because of the people involved and means I'll probably continue going to these as long as I live because of the great atmosphere they create there. Now that I've done it I wouldn't hesitate telling people to try it.

Barry is a machine! It was amazing to speak to him too.