• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

PTC, do I stay or do I go?

change is always a big factor to deal with, but you have to think of your future and the exposure it would bring.

Also, sure they may not be able to equip an entire gym, but they could possibly fork out for 1 or 2 vital pieces???

Nick, we have a pristine oval at our disposal, perfect for sled drags and FW

When Dave shits me, he can run laps lol

everwhere you go markos its a hit i have followed you to so many gyms..they had 10 members then you started you little record boards and you couldnt move in those places.PTC is you and the people that lift under you i could train in a toilet and get strong with you telling me what to do...do it its 30m down the road from me.haha

wow holy shit dude , sounds like a great deal on offer , all that hard work and effort paying off

great exposure , just make sure that you read all the fine print

job well done , may the force be with you

Curious - if the facility needs to be available to the footballers outside of their training session @ 5 or 6pm etc, does that require you to be there all the time? Hire people?

Or can they simply let themselves in etc?

Hmmm, a little decision you got to make there Markos...

You could decide on emotions or business, or a combination of both.
The deal seems to be a win/win situation, but the way I see it, the football club will be slightly ahead.

They have the space but no equipment or trainer.
They need equipment and a trainer.

You already have your own set up currently working just fine, maybe getting a little crowded at times.

Just had a quick look on realestate to see what you could get a place for and found this as an example:
Commercial Real Estate and Business for Sale

I'm know nothing of the location so may be missing something, but for $250/week for a 200sqm place, that sounds cheap.

Now obviously your time is worth alot more than $250 to train 20 guys multiple times a week, but you would likely get other opportunities arising from the exercise.
Then again, maybe it will not be as you initially wanted or expected it to be.

The problem is that when you make a deal, you have to stick with it.

With your own place, you can do whatever you want and train whoever you choose to.
Make your own rules and do the hours you want to, NO RESTRICTIONS.

If you had your own place (your name on lease or title), you will have zero restrictions and possible issues with anybody.
You can do what you want and attract the type of clients you want, footballers too.

This is the only potential problem I see going in with the club.
Arguments with management, disagreements, kid gets injured and blames your techniques, so the club tells you don't do this or that exercise anymore, too dangerous, etc.

Is extending your place definitely not an option, loan for $15k possible?

Yer imagine that, a player gets injured squatting, then your asked to avoid that exercise. Id like to be a fly on the wall to see Markos' reaction.

I think you should go as it seems a great business/expansion opportunity but i also feel it may alienate some of your clients such as some of the females and average joe lifters that may be intimidated by the idea of training at a footy club. The PTC garage gym had such a great, down- to-earth atmosphere that i feel wont be replicated at the footy club, not to say it wont be a great atmosphere just that it will be different.

Last edited:
As you know Adrian, its not just $250 a week, rates, electricity, water, up keep, it killed my last business.

I made myself a promise after that one, no more overheads.

The football club is practically begging, they want me to move in tomorrow.

I have TOTAL control of the gym area. Currently I get $100 a week from the players, peanuts. To lease a place like theyve got in the middle of Frankston by the beach and next door to a strip club......priceless.

I complained about the exercise bikes while I was there, I hadnt finished my sentence, and they were out lol

Bryan Mace and Simon Goosey see this as a massive plus for them. So far I have 100% support from clients I've asked.

The parking at my place is a massive issue, the council has been involved, clients parking on neighbours nature strips.

Pub over the road, Kittens next door, beach across the road, parking everywhere, best location in Frankston, a couple of hundred meters from where Spiros lives, walking distance from the Frankston Station

Two rooms, joined, a 4 meter wide opening between them.

Small room is 5.5m x 10m, big room is 7m x 13m, so its effectively 12.5m x 13m

Currently I'm in 5.5m x 6m

Perfect for ProRaw. The smaller room for warm ups, big room for the comp, unlimited parking

Strip club, hmm more potential clients?????

Sounds like an awsome oppertunity MArkos, but as mentioned check that fine print. I would be pretty iffy with deals that seem to chummy.

To lease a place like theyve got in the middle of Frankston by the beach and next door to a strip club......priceless.

You should let the strippers come over and train for free. You know, to uh, increase testosterone levels during the workout.

Last edited: