• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

PTC, do I stay or do I go?

This is awesome. Please keep a running update of how things go markos.

P.S. I'm surprised by the response of the players.

Rugby League would be a completely different attitude I think. It would be awesome to see the difference if there was interest there.

The 13 boys that trained yesterday trained as hard as they could, they were spent, around 90 minutes.

I already have set some training standards in a KB complex that will remain set up 24/7 plus my run will be modified to 200m via 1 x 50m - 1 x 100m - 1 x 50m around cones.

Players will be tested in 1RM strength in various lifts.

Simon said that no other VFL club had this set up, it will be interesting to see how results on the field go.

KB DEADLIFT - 64KG X 10 - 56KG X 10 - 48KG X 10

THRUSTERS - 12KG X 10 - 10KG X 10 - 8KG X 10

CANNONBALLS - 24KG X 10 - 20KG X 10 - 16KG X 10

SWINGS - 24KG X 10 - 20KG X 10 - 16KG X 10

As far as time goes, I've only timed Nina and Wayne to get a feel. Nina did it in 5.00 flat and Wayne in 4.05.

Both can go quicker, and will at the new place. Max should go very close to 2 minutes.

Its called FROM RUSSIA WITH LOVE.

I had used a similar complex in my Strongman comps, and for reasons I wont go into here, I aborted it.

Back then you had to stand on blocks for the deadlifts etc. I had a 7 minute time limit. It was tougher than this version, but this easier to reproduce at another club etc

Most of the field vomited and didnt finish in the 7 minutes, Max did it in 2.30

Markos, considering these guys are high level athletes what sort of lifts are you expecting them to get to?

Not one of them is a high level athlete.

These guys play semi pro football, they all work full time or go to school.

One did 18 deadhang wide grip chins yesterday.

Quite a few benched 70kg x 10. Nothing at all special.

I expect most, if not all, will pull 200kg. All will bench over 100kg. By the end of next preseason, I hope to have a bunch of them squatting 140kg, up to 160kg.

I hope to get most to a 100kg powerclean and an 80kg PP.

This is the group as a whole. I have identified a couple of boys who will do better.

To me, its not about having a few doing great lifts, its about the entire team.

A pass level is if every player can, before the first game

Squat 100kg, bench 100kg and deadlift 160kg.

I have set the squat low because none have done "leg weights" and some struggled with an empty bar.

Before the first game of 2012 I would expect.

Squat 140kg, bench 120kg and deadlift 180kg. Some will exceed this by a long way.

The C&PP of 100kg would be the limit as it takes a lot of coaching on technique.

Actually, 2 of my clients paid for a one on one with Max to teach them the clean. Tonight they both hit PB's, they reckon its the best $20 they've ever spent. Luke did 100kg @ 89kg and Bender did 80kg @ 64kg.

Luke also push pressed it.

He breaks the lift down so well, and demonstrates it as good as anyone. These guys have only been lifting for a few months.

He will be teaching the footballers the Olympic lifts

This is very interesting!! I would be suprised if the footballers don't see near immediate results. A couple of pre-seasons of this stuff and these boys will be belting teams.

With the prospect of 30 footballers coming tomorrow, I'm moving out tomorrow lunch time.

If anybody is able to lend a hand, it would be much appreciated.

Training on Thursday will be at the Frankston Football Ground.

Plowman Place, Frankston, on the corner of Young St and Plowman Place

Its 600m from Frankston Station according to google maps

[ame="http://maps.google.com.au/maps?hl=en&ie=UTF8&q=frankston+football+ground&fb=1&gl=au&hq=football+ground&hnear=Frankston+VIC&view=map&cid=17787238385524810746&iwloc=A&ved=0CG8QpQY&sa=X&ei=ImG-TIb_GZGTkQWd4JzlAg"]Google Maps[/ame]

Last edited:
I can come down to help you out Markos, but i finish class at 1:30pm and it'll prob take me 1 hour and 30 mins to get to your place after, is that too late?