• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

PTC, do I stay or do I go?

While I'm here Markos is PTC your main source of income?

I think one of the issues if you change is what happens to the lifters you've got. Yeah Nick et al can join you, but if you want to let in more lifters how will you go dealing with them as well as the U20's? I think most people would feel more comfortable lifting with 6-8 powerlifters than come into a warehouse of afl players.

Is it because of the physical location, or because of the people there?

I never inherited one great lifter. I never had an established powerlifter walk through the door, and have me claim him as my own.

Everyone that lifted at PL comps and set WR and NR obtained their strength at PTC.

To me its all encompassing, the lifters, the equipment, the garage, everything.

Memories play a big role, James squatting 180kg, barefoot, on towels in a flooded garage, who does that?

Daves spectacular triple flip, bounce and crash off the high box with a vest on, priceless

good luck with whatever you end up doing, you've been a great influence on my training, i only wish more people were exposed to your methods and ideas.

i say this on behalf of most lifters here, even us in WA are very appreciative of all your work.

Last edited:
While I'm here Markos is PTC your main source of income?

I think one of the issues if you change is what happens to the lifters you've got. Yeah Nick et al can join you, but if you want to let in more lifters how will you go dealing with them as well as the U20's? I think most people would feel more comfortable lifting with 6-8 powerlifters than come into a warehouse of afl players.

Its hard for an outsider to know how I operate, but I'm not a touchy feely guy.

My clients know how to lift, they get instructions as to what theyre doing, and they do it. Any novices that need help either get it directly from me, or they are placed with experienced lifters who guide them.

I cant say there is another place that operates like this. I already have the footballers there at PTC now, no dramas, a third of the space, they will train at a much earlier time slot than my current clients anyway, there might be 10% of them mix with the PTC regulars.

We all train in teams at PTC, its why we progress.

Max's training partners played a huge role in Max's results overseas, he knows it, they know it.

Its a pity more of you guys couldnt make it down to see what I'm talking about

good luck with whatever you end up doing, you've been a great influence on my training, i only wish more people were exposed to your methods and ideas.

Thanks Chipmunk, but theyre not my methods and ideas, I borrowed them from Dr Ken, Bill Starr, Louie, Peanuts, Mr Wood, Paul Anderson, Hepburn etc

They borrowed them from..............

I never inherited one great lifter. I never had an established powerlifter walk through the door, and have me claim him as my own.

Everyone that lifted at PL comps and set WR and NR obtained their strength at PTC.

To me its all encompassing, the lifters, the equipment, the garage, everything.

Memories play a big role, James squatting 180kg, barefoot, on towels in a flooded garage, who does that?

Daves spectacular triple flip, bounce and crash off the high box with a vest on, priceless

Thought the answer might be a bit of both. It's not like you'll have to give up the garage all together though, and you can always go back.

Win the lotto and buy that empty block of land next to you and extend the garage into one big giant one

ok that wasnt really helpful

I'd say just move and try and get the new place feeling like the garage, host proRaw there and generate some new memories
Write the same stuff on the wall as you had on the garage walls ect

And that other f u c k wit from Stronglifts Guru Weakling or whatever his name is.

cant really put them in the same catagory cause mark's deadlift beats the other guys by 100kg

RipDeadlift.jpg

but I digress, back to PTC.

I know Sean, I really cant grow anymore in the Garage, I may try and keep it like a shrine lol

I can now send Fat Dave out to run laps lol

Easement? Even better, shift your fence over 5 meters in the middle of the night then extend the garage sideways

ok im done :p

Markos, with you training them, there will definitely be more alwyn daveys running across the field lol aka max :p