• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

ProRaw......its official

....Thanks Markos, I hope I can be of value to ProRaw both as a lifter and an actively contributing member, I am really excited about this opportunity and hope the wider lifting community (both current competitors and future) see the potential of what this can be.....I encourage all interested parties to stop blowing hot air and show your support to Markos and sign up sooner rather than later

I look forward to seeing you succeed with this Jonnie. Keep up the hard training and you'll keep surprising everyone.

congrats on further diluting this already tiny sport. hopefully we be like the us with 40 feds in the next few years! progress!!!

Diluting lol

I am not restricting anyone lifting anywhere

I am the only one having CAPO lift with PA

I am sick of 100-400 divisions in each fed

Has Raw Unity divided PL in the US or done the opposite?

It's simply pro comps open to anyone

It's up to Feds run by dictators to grow our sport

Can you honestly say that's what's been happening?

Gongi's post was interesting and it gives me an oppurtunity to point out some facts.

You cannot set WR at ProRaw
You cannot qualify for International Competition
Pointless taking token lifts
You cannot set National records

What you can do

Lift against the best lifters (matter of opinion)
Lift in competition with lots of competitors in the same division
Win some coin
Have fun
Lift in multiple organizations ( I limit no one, only 1 fed limits lifters from competing)
Be the centre of attention and not be ruled over like a dictatorship
Lift raw with the best bit of equipment from equipped lifting, knee wraps.

Sean Katterle from House of Pain has told me any lifter from ProRaw can lift at Clash of the Titans in the US for free, no entry fee or membership.

We lift under the same rules, he limits nobody. I honestly feel we are breaking down barriers, not creating them.

Now clearly PA guys arent going to like this. The rules say they cant climb into our sandbox and play, which is sad. Sad in the fact that adults can be dictated to like that. Rules are rules, I get it, but your not going to catch steroids by competing with someone that might take them.

I believe they have year round random testing, so whats the problem? I believe in treating adults like adults.

If PA approached me and said I had to make drug testing available to lifters that wanted to lift in ProRaw from PA, I would organize it in a heart beat.

I dont understand how having a PA lifter lifting in a Pro comp is such a bad thing, it makes no sense to a logical man.

In the US, this isnt a problem. Maybe its not the Fed.

Nah mate, no rules on wrap length, I figure most will just wear Inzer or Titan etc
Inzer and titan make wraps up to 2.5m and APT up to 3m. However, I think you can do special orders to custom length. So, potentially you could have 5m wraps. I reckon 3m 3XH wraps from APT could give a lifter 40kg or more carryover if wrapped well. If its unlimited then you'd be foolish not to go for a long wrap as you'll undoubtedly gets heaps more kgs on your squat. The problem is, and this might just be my perception, once you get into 3m or more its getting hard to see this as raw. I know that some say wraps are ok for raw, but I see some of the IPA guys wearing massive amounts of heavy wraps and I think how is that raw?

Last edited:
Ah, I see, I have very limited experience with wraps.

In that case its 2.5m....thanks Steve.

Anyone who doesnt have knee and wrist wraps or a belt, I highly recommend you contact Steve on here. He came down to PTC last week and supplied Inzer wraps for the guys PLUS showed us how to use them.

Steve was able to supply them for cheaper than we could get them from the States.

I've got a pair of 2.5M Metal All Blacks on the way from EFS that I'll be using unless I gear whore myself out more and by another pair before then.

Jonnie are you gonna be weighing over or 110kg? That will determine my diet between now and Straya Day.

Ah, I see, I have very limited experience with wraps.

In that case its 2.5m....thanks Steve.

Anyone who doesnt have knee and wrist wraps or a belt, I highly recommend you contact Steve on here. He came down to PTC last week and supplied Inzer wraps for the guys PLUS showed us how to use them.

Steve was able to supply them for cheaper than we could get them from the States.
no worries PTC, thanks for the recommendation. I think when it comes down to it there isn't much difference between 2 and 2.5m.

I've got a pair of 2.5M Metal All Blacks on the way from EFS that I'll be using unless I gear whore myself out more and by another pair before then.

Jonnie are you gonna be weighing over or 110kg? That will determine my diet between now and Straya Day.

This will determine whether John eats 10 peanut butter cups a day or 20...lol..

I'm aiming to weigh 109.99 John..... that way if you weigh >110 I'll scoff down a litre of water just to $hit you :)

John FWIW IMO there's no point weighing 110-115 in the 110+ division, you'd be better off at the top of the 110's.

Last edited: