• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

ProRaw......its official

PTC

81541045.png

ProRaw Powerlifting Members

#1 - Jeremy Lewis - Canberra
#2 - Michael Mitchell - Qld
#3 - Graeme Cross - Vic
#4 - Alen Pezerovic - Vic
#5 - Sean Gallagher - Vic
#6 - Michael Brook - Qld
#7 - Mitch Munro - NT
#8 - Paul Rucci - WA
#9 - Gawain Johnstone - Vic
#10 - Max Markopoulos - Vic
#11 - Luke Russell - Vic
#12 - Jack Pollard - Vic
#13 - Blake Hanson - Canberra
#14 - Sussy Kollen - Vic
#15 - Johnathon Nichols - Vic
#16 - Stephen Ramsey - WA
#17 - James Thompson - Vic
#18 - Alex Fergus - NSW
#19 - Jeremy Buchanek - Vic
#20 - Gareth Anderson - Vic
#21 - Ryan Flavin - Vic
#22 - John Sheridan - Canberra
#23 - Nathan Jones - Canberra
#24 - Gregg Gordon - Vic
#25 - Dijon Gordon - Vic
#26 - Rhett Spilkin - Vic
#27 - Matt Middleton - Canberra
#28 - Ann Riley - Vic
#29 -
#30 - Chris Lazarevic - NSW
#31 - Dim Papaconstantinou - Vic
#32 - Adam Lam - Vic
#33 - Vicki Jewson - Vic
#34 - Brent Drake - NSW
#35 - Dave Carrigan - Vic
#36 - Henry Day - WA
#37 - Taylor Young - NSW
#38 - Kelly Chan - Vic
#39 - Nick Rankin - Vic
#40 - Wayne Kollon - Vic
#56 - Tudor Sava - Vic
#64 - Nina Markopoulos - Vic
#69 - Daniel Anderson - NSW
#86 - Ronnie Chau - Vic
#666 - Aaron Nutt - Vic

Pro Raw Powerlifting
NAB
BSB 083253
ACC 183567623

Membership:. $100 per year
Competition entry:. $50 per comp

I have been running around the last few weeks organizing things to get Pro Raw going. Business is registered, account is up, sponsors have been contacted, i have a short list of venues.

First things first. As you guys know I've been putting on competitions for lifters for over 3 years, usually 3-4 comps a year. I have always delivered on my promises, and no sponsor has ever let me down, not once. In fact, they have provided more prizes than promised on most occasions.

Pro Raw will have cash prizes.....fact. There will definitely be a $1000 cash prize for each of the 4 weight classses. I am working on getting cash for the first three lifters in each of the 4 weight classes.

If I can land a huge sponsor, the cash will be greater. To land a big one I obviously need members. How I got so many prizes at AD10 was the fact I had so many lifters. A sponsor wants bang for his buck, obviously.

This is where I need your support. The quicker I can get members registered, the quicker I can get sponsors. I'm not the kind that approaches sponsors with promises, I like to present facts.

As far as venue goes, I cant book one until I have an idea of how many lifters. I've penciled in ones I think will do, but again, it depends on numbers.

To lift at ProRaw you have to be a paid up member, no guest lifters allowed. This situation was farcical at a few recent comps, with Record Keepers unsure who was paid up and able to set records, so you must be a member to lift.

My plan for how many comps? Well, there will be at least two and up to four.

I have plans of making it a Grand Prix like thing, with a series winner at the end of the year, and maybe another cash prize. This will of course depend on numbers and sponsors.

To make this as big as I hope, I'm going to need a commitment from everyone. I am not taking the place of any Federation in Australia, I am simply adding events. I will ensure there is no clash with CAPO, as my PTC lifters will continue to lift with them. Unfortunately PA will not allow lifters to compete in ProRaw, so I cant make the same guarantees with them.

I will endeavor to keep dates separate so that spectators can view as many comps as possible, I have gone to PA comps and I have seen PA members at CAPO comps, this should continue, its the same sport after all.

The first ProRaw comp will be held on the Australia Day weekend. Venue and exact date will be announced later.

The weight classes

80kg - 95kg - 110kg - 110kg+

I'm undecided about the women. As long as I can get 10 or so competing, I'll work out weight classes and prizes.

At the moment I am looking at 65kg - 75kg - 75kg+. This may change, any girls interested contact me on

markos@prorawpowerlifting.com

or 0404 453 542

When making membership fee deposits, please include your full name.

The website will list members with their keep for life membership number.

Who will be #1 ?

If anyone has any questions, please post here or contact me via pm, email or phone.

Thank you

Markos

Last edited:
I forgot to mention, the only equipment allowed is a belt, wrist wraps and knee wraps, lifter must wear a one piece singlet.

No monolift, must walk the weight out, definite pause on chest, must break parallel on squat.

Might not be the thread for it, but why could I not rock up in shorts and a tshirt to lift?

Ever been to a PL comp?

Difficult to judge depth if lifters are wearing baggy shorts.

What about spotting a 300kg squat, and the spotters arms get tangled up in a lifters baggy t shirt.

Why cant you play football in jeans, or cricket in a wife beater?

Respect your sport, look the part

Doesn't answer the question. I can lift just fine without wearing a onesie, I do it all the time in fact.

Edit: This was to powersports.

The depth thing makes sense, the rest are reaching. But depth is 'kind of' important :) so I understand.

Last edited:
I just realized.

The spotting thing is far more important to me than depth, if I cant see depth because of attire, I just fail the lift, no drama.

This is Pro event, the least I could do is have the lifters looking like lifters lol

I should add. I am in discussions with House of Pain.

They allow competitors to wear THEIR T Shirts and shorts. If they come on board, and are willing to supply THEIR tight fitting shorts and T Shirts, then I will look at at this, it looks very professional.

As far as equipment goes, even though I have plenty of calibrated bumpers and such, I will only be using calibrated Ivanko plates.

I currently only have

4 x 25kg
4 x 20kg
2 x 15kg
2 x 10kg

I can only make a 255kg bar with Ivanko's.

I will be purchasing either 2 x 50kg plates or 4 x 25kg plates, as well as 2 x 5kg, 2 x 2.5kg and 2 x 1.25kg

That takes me to 372.5kg, I may need 6 x 25kg...to be sure to be sure.

I have plenty of other plates for the warm up area, as well as bars.

Uniform = professionalism, lifters wearing similar gear looks great in photos and videos and that will keep the sponsors happy.

Will members gain access to your newsletters?

Good point Eaglebay....all ProRaw members get the PTC newsletters

I know Nathan, but damn they look good lol

ProRaw is National.

It will be set up and established in Vic initially.

Obviously if it gets big enough I would love to take the show on the road. It will still be run by me, I have had a few offers by others to run it, one in SA a couple of weeks ago.

Please understand I am putting my name to this. If I f u c k it up, I can live with it, but I couldnt live with someone else f u c k i n g it up for me

One step at a time

I already have the first member, from interstate, a member here, oh, and of course Alpha Moth for all his help.

Another thing, previously at PTC comps I had no dramas getting up to 13 interstate lifters come to Vic to lift in my garage, lifters from every state.Up to 3 times a year.

I imagine with the cash on offer, it wont be any more difficult.

Until the first comp is run and won, I wont even think about interstate competitions.

Once I see where all the members are located, I can make a decision based on that.

If I have 3 from WA and 15 in QLD, then its a no brainer. Sydney is the market I want to crack first though. WA had lots of lifters at its State Titles, unsure how many members though.

As far as handing over control to someone else, not going to happen at this point.