• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Genetic Potential and upper limits!!!!?

you guys are daft, Vadar is obviously closer to the fence

Mate if you've reached your natty genetic potential, then book me on a flight because that looks just fine to me! Have you used anything like deep heat cream for any of your joints ? I've got some serious elbow pain happening these days

LOL Back yard pics.

The joint pain is gone since I started supersetting all the time and reduced the overall tonnage.

and the fact that I only do a 40 min workout with each part trained only once per 12 to 14 days. only 4 workout days per cycle.

I feel bigger and happier this time than I have in ages.

AND

Thanks guys for the pep talk. Nice to get a pat on the back now and then when you never compete.:):):)

DSCF9023.jpg

**** you're huge for a natural (I'd like to point out its nice seeing a natural who hasn't dieted down to a skinned rabbit too). How tall are you?

I hope I get as big as you over the next 5+ years.

Some of us disapprove of improper use of both steroids and alcohol.

I think Markos, having a long experience of lifting at many levels, would almost always know if his clients were using drugs, just as he knows if they cheat on their diets and that sort of thing. I think he then wouldn't talk much about their results. He wouldn't publicly condemn them, but he wouldn't praise their performance in his newsletters. He struck me as a very honest person with a lot of integrity.
I was not questioning Markos's integrity, it was a broad statement. I know users who swore blind they didn't use yet contributing factors told me otherwise.

**** you're huge for a natural (I'd like to point out its nice seeing a natural who hasn't dieted down to a skinned rabbit too). How tall are you?

I hope I get as big as you over the next 5+ years.

Thanks bud.

I am 6ft 1/2 inch tall.

Best

Rob

I was not questioning Markos's integrity, it was a broad statement. I know users who swore blind they didn't use yet contributing factors told me otherwise.

I know what exactly you mean. I have had a gut full of lies.

Naturals comps make me mad. I have a gift for this stuff....

BUT

The only ever comp my friends and I did was a so called Naturals. We got flogged badly by the same massive dudes who turned up and won the IFBB heavyweights the following weekend.

I was the biggest kid in my class right through school. I could out press the big men in the shearing shed on the wool press when I was 12. ( Farm boy) In year 11 I bench pressed 250 Lb at the PCYC one night while the other kids were drinking and dancing at the school disco. I had my own keys because the cops thought I was a freaky kid.

Can I compete?

Nope!

Dude I get it more than you know!

I cannot mention names but I knew of guys who were "on" and them competed in natty comps...LIARS and cheats.

I'll say it agaian, A lot of users are liars. They lie to their friends, family, wives, husbands and trainers, yes trainers

I cannot mention names but I knew of guys who were "on" and them competed in natty comps...LIARS and cheats.

I'll say it agaian, A lot of users are liars. They lie to their friends, family, wives, husbands and trainers, yes trainers

Stuff em bud. I train at home. Nobody ever sees me muscle-wise as I usually wear big muumuus and baggy stuff if I am out.

I am at home training for fun because it's my happy place.

It took me a long time to feel this way. I was so pissed off for so long.

Now I am just a Darth Vader fan with a suit that fits. :)

i like this pic better than the 1996 one. very solid :cool:

Thanks mate.

Yep I had to go against my genes for the 1996 pic. Was doing a 1 hour jog in the morning and a 1 hour walk every evening. I did have abs but dear god I had to give all of my WWE beefcake away to find em.

This pic is just me now. Happy and just living the lifestyle.

As for abs..... who needs em? LOL

Give me a tasty meal and a heavy workout every time.:):):)

And I bet you have the James Earl Jones voice to....:p

Got a MP3 player in a breathing loop. Other than that I am a mute like Humphrey Bear and Prime Possum. LOL

Check this out.

Prime possum was appearing when we did...... he left for a sec to get some air...... hee hee!

IMGP6700.jpg

Last edited:
Back on topic........

What was it again? Has been a fun old chat so far. LOL

oh yeah upper limits and genetic potential........

Most important thing about any of the training is to feel a sense of accomplishment.

Personal goals busted through and to stay hungry.......

I am always hungry. LOL

******Next point******

Just it can get hard when you reach a dead end.

Just keeping on target is tricky when you can't even get one more half rep out week after week.

Especially when you can take a few months off and come back as big as ever in a very short while.

I am better on a come back than I am when I stay at it all year round.

Why is that?

Apparently Arnold would almost get down to bare drug free normal base levels at times, even when he was MR O.

Man he packs it on fast. Drugs and Muscle Memory had him full size for contests in just a few months.

Apparently Kevin Levrone could do the same. Bounce back into full form in just 4 or 5 months after fading back to genetic base levels.

Are we better off letting it all go now and then and coming back with a vengance?

It seems to be my other thing popping up in diaries.

Rob

Last edited:
curious vader what do you eat usually and what does it break down to in macros?

I just eat a lot and it works for me but I'd be interested in how you've done it.

curious vader what do you eat usually and what does it break down to in macros?

I just eat a lot and it works for me but I'd be interested in how you've done it.

I dont count calories, or vary my food a lot.

Breakfast 6 egg whites blender shake with coffee / 4 vitamin c's

10 am orange/ 2 kiwi

11 am coffee

1pm chicken rice zuchini

330 pm Rice sugar milk

5pm workout

6.30 Same as lunch

10.30 6 eggs blender shake caramel topping.

Thats everything I eat in a day. Plus water to drink.

No supplements at all or any medications

I am a teacher. I eat when the kids do.

Rob

Plus sometimes eat rice for morn tea too when feeling flat or need to do hard workout that day like legs or back.

Last edited:
Back on topic........

Especially when you can take a few months off and come back as big as ever in a very short while.

I am better on a come back than I am when I stay at it all year round.

Why is that?

Apparently Arnold would almost get down to bare drug free normal base levels at times, even when he was MR O.

Man he packs it on fast. Drugs and Muscle Memory had him full size for contests in just a few months.

Apparently Kevin Levrone could do the same. Bounce back into full form in just 4 or 5 months after fading back to genetic base levels.

Are we better off letting it all go now and then and coming back with a vengance?

It seems to be my other thing popping up in diaries.

Rob

In my limited training experience, I have found this to happen every time after extended breaks, like 12 months or more.
I have done it 3 or 4 times now and it only takes me about 8 weeks to surpass my previous best all time high.
I'm not a big guy, but I can still gain back 10-15kg in 8 weeks after losing size from a layoff, and always surpass my previous best, even though if it is only 1 or 2kg.
I also find I stagnate and lose interest quickly though, when my gains slow down and stop.

In my limited training experience, I have found this to happen every time after extended breaks, like 12 months or more.
I have done it 3 or 4 times now and it only takes me about 8 weeks to surpass my previous best all time high.
I'm not a big guy, but I can still gain back 10-15kg in 8 weeks after losing size from a layoff, and always surpass my previous best, even though if it is only 1 or 2kg.
I also find I stagnate and lose interest quickly though, when my gains slow down and stop.

So glad to hear you say that. Most people would shoot us for being lazy.

I am feeling bigger and better than ever this time round and it has been after 18 months off. I have been back at it only since 1st day of spring. Even better than that.... being 40 seems to make me thicker and harder too.

How weird is that?

Cool stuff

Rob

i'm still blown away that your a school teacher. i wish i had a cool, muscular teacher like you, instead of flabby 40somethings lol

that's how i remember them anway