• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Genetic Potential and upper limits!!!!?

i'm still blown away that your a school teacher. i wish i had a cool, muscular teacher like you, instead of flabby 40somethings lol

that's how i remember them anway

kids would prolly be scared as hell.. like that movie Kindergarten cop with Governor Arnie..

Look like Termie but fun like Bill Murray.

Kids in my class laugh all day long then become wicked little sarcastic clevernesses.

Today one of my boys said his mum was giving him a smack last night.

He told me he said to her " Must you resort to physical aggression? Why can't we discuss this like rational human beings? " LOL

I hated school. I make up for it every day in my classroom.

:):):)

Last edited:
"We're going to play a wonderful game called...”Who is my daddy and what does he do?"

tumor.jpg

No it's pronounced

It's nuddatooma. LOL

I can do a good impression of that.

I used to get that at UNI from accross the grass areas and from the gallery in the library "I't may be a tumor..."

Even today I get "Go Arnie", "Governator" and "I'll be back!" in food courts and shopping centers.

All funny :p:p:p

I dont count calories, or vary my food a lot.

Breakfast 6 egg whites blender shake with coffee / 4 vitamin c's

10 am orange/ 2 kiwi

11 am coffee

1pm chicken rice zuchini

330 pm Rice sugar milk

5pm workout

6.30 Same as lunch

10.30 6 eggs blender shake caramel topping.

Thats everything I eat in a day. Plus water to drink.

No supplements at all or any medications

I am a teacher. I eat when the kids do.

Rob

Plus sometimes eat rice for morn tea too when feeling flat or need to do hard workout that day like legs or back.

Rob I'm about your height and weight and If that was all I was eating I doubt I would even be able to get out of bed in the morning, let alone progress with training.

Have you tried eating more? Particularly Protein. You look like you're going on occasion more than 5 hours without any.

This is what I eat most days and it keeps me around 105-108kg while allowing me to recover from training properly

730am - 500ml milk, 2-3 eggs, 250g cottage cheese, 2 cups oats, scoop protein powder, frozen berries

1030- Either protein milk and oats or cottage chees and tuna

130 - Either a big roll based around 2-3 chicken breasts, or a massive salad with chicken or tuna

430 - Milk, Protein powder and either an apple or some oats.

Workout
PWO shake, protein powder and some dextrose.

7/8pm - Dinner. Some source of lean meat and steamed veggies or salad. Maybe a burger or pizza on a friday night.

Before Bed - Cottage cheese & water or caesin based protein powder.

Rob I'm about your height and weight and If that was all I was eating I doubt I would even be able to get out of bed in the morning, let alone progress with training.

Have you tried eating more? Particularly Protein. You look like you're going on occasion more than 5 hours without any.

This is what I eat most days and it keeps me around 105-108kg while allowing me to recover from training properly

730am - 500ml milk, 2-3 eggs, 250g cottage cheese, 2 cups oats, scoop protein powder, frozen berries

1030- Either protein milk and oats or cottage chees and tuna

130 - Either a big roll based around 2-3 chicken breasts, or a massive salad with chicken or tuna

430 - Milk, Protein powder and either an apple or some oats.

Workout
PWO shake, protein powder and some dextrose.

7/8pm - Dinner. Some source of lean meat and steamed veggies or salad. Maybe a burger or pizza on a friday night.

Before Bed - Cottage cheese & water or caesin based protein powder.

Thanks mate but I tend towards endo mesomorphic and my gut gets Sumo If I eat much more than this.

I guess I could do a shake at morn tea.

Already gone up a couple of inches on gut since eating this much.

The joys and trials or being able to get big drug free.

If I eat like typical aussie dudes with the pies, KFC and Beer..... I get really biggest looser-ville. Not even in large doses either.

Thanks heaps

Rob

You can't make chicken soup out of chicken ****.

Also, the best way to sabotage your goal is to compare yourself with others you see what they are doing and think you do the same.

Thanks mate but I tend towards endo mesomorphic and my gut gets Sumo If I eat much more than this.

I guess I could do a shake at morn tea.

Already gone up a couple of inches on gut since eating this much.

The joys and trials or being able to get big drug free.

If I eat like typical aussie dudes with the pies, KFC and Beer..... I get really biggest looser-ville. Not even in large doses either.

Thanks heaps

Rob

There are plenty of us trying to get serious size and strength without gear Rob. Myself included.

But if your not taking gear you need to be all over your diet, program and sleep like white on rice.

i re- read something today that occured to me would be a great contribution to this thread.

The article was talking about how there are about 75 different genomes in the human body that effect athletic performance. Of those 75 different gene's we all vary at some point to their influence.

You see, we all swim in the same gene pool, yet some of us are more geneticlly gifted than others. Yeah, i've heard the argument that nobody is a natural basket ball player, they had to work hard, but let's face it, if your 6'4, you would have a better chance at being a world class basketballer than me, who stands at 5'6. Just like if your a taller person, you'd be better at deadlifting, because of your larger limbs. Short ass people are better at squatting (apparently)

So i guess genetic potential comes down to, well...an individual thing. If you've hit your peak of weight, strength, power, speed, whatever & no matter what you can't break it, after all the attempts & manipulation of diet, training, rest & OTC (over the counter) supplementation, then you possibly have gone as far as your gene's will take you, minus taking on an excess amount of hormones that your body needs to allow you to climb that tree of potential & become all that you can be

yeah ?

There are plenty of us trying to get serious size and strength without gear Rob. Myself included.

But if your not taking gear you need to be all over your diet, program and sleep like white on rice.

Great to finally find a space where the air is clean.

I was once a grumpy roid hating youth with a grudge against all users.....

Today I am just happy to be well and strong.

There are scars from many battles with the users but long term they are ALL gone now and I am still here. ( Still get grumpy with dudes who tell fibs )

Great to see so many guys/ gals on this forum hit hard as hell and know what it means to train at the edge of sanity.

Train to be strong and for wellness.

What ever our individual limits are...... keep cracking the whip at em and see where it takes us.

Rob

VERY impressive physique Rob.

I am amazed you can maintain/gain fat on such a small calorie intake.