• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Genetic Potential and upper limits!!!!?

What stops most people reaching their limits is that Joe Average doesn't want to follow a 6 month periodization cycle to put that extra 1kg on the bar.
Actually, Joe Average stops long before then. 75% of new gym members never go to that gym again after the first month, 90% after the first three months.

Joe Average doesn't lift anything heavier than a 375ml stubbie, and only breathes heavily on the toilet as he struggles with the results of a diet poor in fresh fruits and vegetables.

Actually, Joe Average stops long before then. 75% of new gym members never go to that gym again after the first month, 90% after the first three months.

Joe Average doesn't lift anything heavier than a 375ml stubbie, and only breathes heavily on the toilet as he struggles with the results of a diet poor in fresh fruits and vegetables.

lol, leave Joe Average alone! :p

I'm not bothered by Joe Average. No-one has a moral duty to become strong, fit, or buff-looking. (They do have a duty to be healthy, but that's a lot easier to do.)

I'm just pointing out that putting an extra 1kg on their squat is not a thing the typical person worries about. When we're talking about physiological limits to our performance, not only is it true that you or I are far from having to worry about those limits, but "Joe Average" isn't coming even within shouting distance of them.

Whenever someone quotes Casey Butt's or Lyle McDonald's work, there's always a howl of protest from a bunch of 60kg scrawny teenagers or 110kg fat guys about how this won't be a limit for them, honest, they'll bust through these limits with hard work and UberAnabolicMassGainer6000. And it's ridiculous, because they're so far under the limits today. It'd be like me saying I was going to bust through the 300kg bench press barrier when I barely do an 85kg bench press. Nice to have a long-term goal, but let's have some realistic short-term goals in the meantime. Let's see me do 100kg, 130kg, and so on first.

It's important to keep in mind just where you are, or where most of us are. And that is far, far below any physiological limits we have. So far below that those physiological limits are basically irrelevant. Much more relevant is the limit of how often we can be bothered getting off our arses to lift or run, how much good food we're willing to eat, and so on.

pardon me while i spot the elephant in the room

is there anything morally wrong with using anabolic steroids for performance or apperance sake ? Sure using steroids for making children grow when they simply can't (for various medical reasons) and for grown men who have a terribly low testosterone count. But what about for bodybuilders, powerlifters, track athletes, hocky players, to list a few. I'm possibly opening up the biggest can of worms...but it's worth talking about

I feel that we as humans tend to look for "quick fixes", pills or technology that lets us achieve our goals without effort, or set for ourselves unrealistic goals.

This leads to a lazy and thoughtless society, which gives us other problems like running short of resources, pollution, poor health and global warming.

Asking whether there's anything wrong with popping pills for looks is like asking whether there's anything wrong with pokies machines in every pub. In principle, there's nothing wrong with it. In practice, the results screw up a lot of people's lives.

i personally think roids are cheating. if i took them i wouldnt be satisfied becasue i got to my goal by cheating my way there. and then theres the other bit where people will say to you "did you take roids?" then if u say yes they wont look at you as highly as if you did it without them

Good post, I agree with every word there Kyle.

We all know a quick fix is never going to stick around once people go back to their usual ways.

Morgan, your a big guy already.

If you were to do everything Ronnie did, you would get much, much bigger.

Growth hormone, insulin, all sorts of gear, 800lb deadlifts, 10,000 calories per day off season.

If you never try, you'll never know.

I would rather my clients took steroids than drank alcohol.

Theyre both drugs, its just that the Government makes a lot of money off one, so its legal.

I wont allow the Government be my social concience.

One is performance enhancing, the other is performance degrading.

as far as cheating goes, thats a cop out.

I purchased ephedrine over the counter at GNC in Australia and America for years. Totally legal.

Now its not. Does that make me a cheat. Steroids were legal for years.

Dont let the Government tell you when something is legal or not.

Make a decision, do what you like.

Personally, I hate drinkers, not steroid users. They kill innocent people on hour roads, and theyre making our cities unsafe.

Not sure that steroids have a poofteenth of the same ammount of bad influence in todays society

Far too many have an opinion without trying them.

If you take them in competition were they are banned, like the Olympics, you are a cheat. End of story.

But in Powerlifting, Bodybuilding and WSM comps, they are legal, or not tested for, so are these guys cheating?????

Worry about your own backyard before you look over the fence.

Well I dont take performance enhancement drugs so am I a loser or are they cheats?

I have nothing against people who take steroids but as you said if I want to do powerlifting etc steroid users would always be under unfair advantage.

So my progress in your begginers program, would you be posting clients results that take drugs without you knowing or telling us this?

Well I dont take performance enhancement drugs so am I a loser or are they cheats?

I have nothing against people who take steroids but as you said if I want to do powerlifting etc steroid users would always be under unfair advantage.

So my progress in your begginers program, would you be posting clients results that take drugs without you knowing or telling us this?

if we extend that logic within parameter, one could argue that Red Meat is cheating or protein powder is cheating. It's not like steroid users can just shoot up and go on holiday while the muscles grow.

I would rather my clients took steroids than drank alcohol.[...]

Worry about your own backyard before you look over the fence.
Some of us disapprove of improper use of both steroids and alcohol.
lazy said:
Shrek said:
A lot os steroid users are liars.
I think Markos, having a long experience of lifting at many levels, would almost always know if his clients were using drugs, just as he knows if they cheat on their diets and that sort of thing. I think he then wouldn't talk much about their results. He wouldn't publicly condemn them, but he wouldn't praise their performance in his newsletters. He struck me as a very honest person with a lot of integrity.

Like I have said before, my dad had prostate cancer and I have grave fears that if I were to mess with my hormones.... it may activate any dormant cells in me. Genetics and all that.......

BUT

I do have a gift for drug free mass. Sadly though the contests will never be a go for me. It is 100% impossible for me to be big and cut at the same time. I can be big like The Rock or cut like little Rocky3. Posing a shredded twig body is not what I am about.

If you want to walk on stage with a bare shredded rib cage and 2 inch thick pec meat sitting on the outside of it, you need drugs.

Contests require ectomorphs blown up into monsters. Shredded to the bone and zero water and fat. Not humanly possible for anyone without drugs.

I don't care if people take em any more.

Just know that I never did and never will.

In saying that though I do dislike being lied to.

And as for alchahol...... I don't drink at all either.

I hate what it does to people. Socially acceptable to be a total dick.

Perhaps I am just a fanatic snob.

i'd like to think that my lifts are or will be better drug free than the average steroid user. if i can deadlift more than the dick at the local gym that thinks roids make him better than everyone then im happy. as for competition though well i guess if you wanted half a chance you'd have to take them lol

I don't care if somebody was to use steroids for appearance or performance sake. it's when it's hidden, that's when i get cross. when you look in magazines & 'John Smith' the famous bodybuilder lays out a diet & program...that 'will' get you to have guns like his is possible, it was probably more the 2g of testosterone & other goodies that he's taking. then some 15 year old kid reads that & think he's clean as a whistle

bodybuiders were training right next to me on monday. they were saying how much stronger they are than i am. Sure lb for lb they are. with the amount of gear their taking & their ability to recover would lead to that for sure.

the olympics would be complete $hit if it wasn't for steroids. records would never be achieved or broken. TV air time would never be sold. people would be out of a job. countries would lose tourisim dollars.

bodybuiders were training right next to me on monday. they were saying how much stronger they are than i am. Sure lb for lb they are. with the amount of gear their taking & their ability to recover would lead to that for sure.

That was what I used to go through back in the olden days. Keep at it but.

You will go beyond them on lift strength. They are pea hearts!

Stay on target. In saying that though...

My days of open warfare and roid rage igniting are over.

Just know what the truth is..... and don't be disheartened.

What we do is colossal.

Train to be well.

Rob:):)

Like I have said before, my dad had prostate cancer and I have grave fears that if I were to mess with my hormones.... it may activate any dormant cells in me. Genetics and all that.......

In my family, no one has had a record of prostate problems. However that didn't stop me from taking preventative measures years ago through supplementation and stopping milk consumption and products made from it. It's a deep subject that would require a separate article by itself and would mean hijacking your thread. Don't wish to do either at the moment Rob.

Fadi.

Steroids brings people past their upper limits. Or, it is an easier way of getting to their upper limits without nearly as much effort.