• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Honda Housey won via armbar after nearly getting caught in a standing RNC / Neck crank. Liz did pretty well.

Machida won a split decision and threw a total of 6 strikes in the final round. Just a typical Machida style fight but with less action / engaging then usual if thats possible. Dog shit fight, utter dog shit.

Kos got t/ko against Lawler, some said an early stoppage but Kos was on his side kind of about to get pounded out. Good stoppage. Robbie looked really good back at 170, didnt get over powered at all.

Faber won via choke in the first round. His 6 and 0 in his last 6 non title fights but 0 and 4 in his last 4 title fights. Not sure what will happen with Faber now, his in a weird spot.

Any day you get to see Josh Koscheck stopped is a good day in my book!!

Machida and Henderson was a good fight, as was Dennis Bermudez and Matt Grice.

Rousey looked to be in all sorts of trouble early when carmouche had her in that back mounted standing RNC but that obviously looked a lot worse than it was as Rousey (as predicted) ended up going to 7 - 0 and defending her belt via first round armbar.

Looks like Machida might be in for a title shot now, anyone know who the current belt holder is?

Did Machida win? How?

I actually enjoyed the machida/hendo fight, mostly because of the way machida made henderson look... very average, never let hendo settle into his style of fight.

Most of the fight was henderson rushing forward swinging wildly at the air where machida was a second ago, eating a knee to the body or being clipped on the face for his trouble. One takedown each, neither did anything with it. The fact machida got his from the clinch vs a greco guy was kinda cool.

Bermudez/Rice fight was fight of the night for me, but I think Bermudez really deserved it and tried his best to finish it, thought the fight could have been stopped a couple of times but ti Grices credit he kept going and didn't drop, great heart shown.

He do/Machida what a snooze fest, technical and chess like from Machida but didn't appear to want to finish the fight or take any damage, He do was the only agressor during the fight I thought but found it hard to get past Machidas fighting style.

Rousey awesome performance once again, but Carmouche wasn't disgraced, put in a really good performance and can see a rematch on the cards especially if no one else is willing to step up and fight Rousey. The one real regret of the fight was rousey's top didn't come further down so we could have seen her boobies...

Faber looked great from the start and appeared to only a matter of time before he did something, but they way he took the back was magic, even though he has lost his last 4 title shots I think he would be in line for another crack especially considering his last 6 fights he's won and in reasonably good style.

Overall very happy with the card and some great fights, the biggest disappointment was the Hendo fight, oh and loved seeing Koschek getting stopped, while it did appear to be a little early I think it saved him from taking some unneccesary punishment, as Lawlor said after the fight he wasnt getting up from there, Ruthless looks the be back.....

Bermudez/Rice

He do/Machida

Overall very happy with the card and some great fights, the biggest disappointment was the Hendo fight, oh and loved seeing Koschek getting stopped, while it did appear to be a little early I think it saved him from taking some unneccesary punishment, as Lawlor said after the fight he wasnt getting up from there, Ruthless looks the be back.....

Nice little write up you got there Neddy. Agree with all of it (no homo)

Bermudez vs rice would have ended if they where near the center of the cage. Rice fell twice IIRC against the cage and had jelly legs leaning against it. Still did really well to hang in there.

Cant stand Machida one bit.... Glad hes opted to take another fight before getting a shot as well. Sonnen said that IF he beats Jones he wont give Machida a shot because machida ' couldnt draw a fly let alone an audience'

Lawler looked great back at 170 and l think Kos gets cut to be honest....

Forgot to mention in my earlier post - Brendan Schaub vs Lavar Johnson probably the most uneventful match I have ever seen inside the octagon.

Looking forward to wataching GSP in UFC158

Pettis vs Aldo is on and it is for the 145 title. Wonder what Dana threatened Aldo with to make him do it.

And if he wins a shot at the 155 belt. Which he better take. could be a sick second half of the year. Although Pettis Vs Aldo should be amazing, it could be ultra shitty. But I don't see it being medicore/average.

I Like Aldo, but he hasn't looked ultra (WEC Era) destructive lately.

I just thought it was weird aldo thought edgar deserved a shot coming off 2 losses but pettis doesnt coming off stoppage wins.

Is Diaz makes it to the day. Saw something about Dana being close to getting rid of Nick....

But don;t think it would happen, its the fight everyone wants.

But yeah, Gsp via decision lol.

Can;t wait for this weekend though, awesome card.

Oh and saw something about Te-huna calling out Shogun,, that would be cool.

Nick apparently missed the countdown show tapings but Cesar Gracie denied that happened as per usual (he is probably worse the Nick) and then Dana made another comment at the post fight presser about how he actually likes people that do countdown shows and scheduled interviews having another go at Nick. Doubt they'd pull him out this close to it though........... Plus if he loses they can cut him without too much backlash (which l think they will)

Nick apparently missed the countdown show tapings but Cesar Gracie denied that happened as per usual (he is probably worse the Nick) and then Dana made another comment at the post fight presser about how he actually likes people that do countdown shows and scheduled interviews having another go at Nick. Doubt they'd pull him out this close to it though........... Plus if he loses they can cut him without too much backlash (which l think they will)

they wont cut Diaz he is to popular plus he is an exciting fighter, why would they cut an exciting top 10 fighter for??