• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

training supplements

For lifting:

Whey or Casein

Yep that is it.

Health wise:

Multi (high strength)
B Vit (high strength)
Fish Oil (500mg DHA per tab)
Greens Powder
Probiotic tablets

I have found eating food is the best thing you can do for lifting, add a little milk (or water) and whey/casein and you are set. Eat more, train more consistently and you get better results. Now if I was a high level athlete (BB, PL, sports etc) supps may be more important for the extra edge or due to my diminishing returns from training but for regular lifters it is just a money black hole.

Last edited:
I do agree that we should be supporting our country, however the way you have voiced your opinion, you come across like a bogan or country red-neck... and you seem to have some strong anti-American views...

On a serious note, I'd like to know how you know Australian WPI/WPC is superior in terms of quality to that of American Whey? From the independent COA's I've seen of US and AUS Whey, they seem on par.
In addition, isn't the WPI from Bulk Nutrients sourced from NZ?

While there is some commercial crap out there, I'd like to point out that there are some truely innovative supps out there, using somewhat ingenious compounds. These compounds will eventually filter down to your average Australian supps.

While you may have an opinion, I don't think its fair for you to question someone using their own money, on spending 'commerical crap'. I don't mind paying a little more from Aussie stores, however when they increase the price to where we are paying double, I draw the line there.

The documentary you are referring to is somewhat true, however if you know which companies actually are concerned about quality control (through independant testing) and produce products backed by science, you will understand that the doco was somewhat over dramatised.

I'm not American by the way.

Anyone can read a forum post and take it the wrong way so I won't be upset that you implied I'm a bogan for being proactive in supporting this great country.

I have no problem with America I actually work for an ameican company which may sound hypocritical but I support australian farmers through my work and I am devout to buying and selling as much Australian made products as possible.

If you read the start of the tyread I acknowledge NZ as being another country I was happy to buy off of. The processing plant in NZ is known as the best it the world. I strogly believe the protein down under is the best and I too debt think there was a difference until Fadi first pointed it out.

I'm not forcing or making people do what I say so don't get your jocks all tied up mate nor am I directly attacking anyone. If you can't handle a simple discussion stay out of it because the next time you imply I'm a hogan due to my choices of suppliers I will take offense to it.

Everything I have learnt is from the guru's of this site when it comes to supplements as I was very misguided when I first came here. Abother reason I don't purchase products like that is that the wisest people on this forum don't encourage it, they don't achknowledge the description on the side of the bottle and it's only ever new people that talk about it...

Last edited:
my last order a few weeks ago:
2x scivation xtend 90serves @ 36.99usd...109.95aud saving me 145
2x Primaforce DAA @ 19.49usd.............. 59.95 aud saving 80
2x usp labs jack3d @ 24.99usd............... 59.95 aud saving 70
1x lg sciences trifecta stack 79.99usd......299.95aud saving 220
shipping costs 99.57usd I saved 415 minus a few dollars as the aud was 99 something.

this is more savings then usual for this size order due to the MAJOR premium on the trifecta stack they charge in Australia. And you could pick up things a little cheaper then the aud prices ive given but they're pretty average some places charge more.

the bigger the order the more I save. I try to stay away from the overpriced over hyped junk, xtend-bcaas, DAA- I have seen a few studies on thought id try it out, Jack3d- I cycle pre workout sups and feel they give me better focus energy and pumps, trifecta stack- I've heard good things about it but maybe it is overpriced and overhyped.. ill find out when I start using it. Other than that I usually order creatine mono for about 20usd for 1kg, and if I could buy whey I would its 63.99 for 10lbs of scivation whey.

Money is an issue for you and you waste it on that crap? Each to their own I guess.

Personally:
*Wpi unflavoured aus
*Cocao organic purchased aus but made in Peru but proceeds of this go towards rainforrest reforestation in 3rd world countries.
*steiva extract purchased in aus no idea of origin
* creatine monohydrate aus
* bcaa's aus
* glutamine aus
* vitamin c aus
* macro greens USA (can nit find anywhere is aus to buy it)
* DIM (same as above)
* driving nettle root (same as above)
I purchase the above 3 from iherb which I believe is a good company who's interest in health is pure.
*fish oil aus

I have a good diet from foods all grown in Australian, I prefer to buy a local markets to support my community over Coles.

I am not rich as you can see my supplements are probably cheaper then yours but more importantly healthier.

I should also mention I'm currently taking vit d and magnesium along with my DIM and stinging nettle. I dint take these all the time it's just I have current hormone issues to deal with.

Dave my macro greens contains probiotics. Have you ever used it mate? Have you also tried high dose vit c?

Yep tried high dose Vit C, nothing special happened and too much effort to do it so quit it.

I have Fadi's recommendation for my greens and have Now Foods stabilised 3 billion acidophilus tabs (2 a day). Cheapest for quantity and quality from iHerb that I could find.

Paradise Herbs, ORAC Energy Green
12000 ORAC per serve
Has probiotics but not to the level that I want for gut health.

Money is an issue for you and you waste it on that crap? Each to their own I guess.

Personally:
*Wpi unflavoured aus
*Cocao organic purchased aus but made in Peru but proceeds of this go towards rainforrest reforestation in 3rd world countries.
*steiva extract purchased in aus no idea of origin
* creatine monohydrate aus
* bcaa's aus
* glutamine aus
* vitamin c aus
* macro greens USA (can nit find anywhere is aus to buy it)
* DIM (same as above)
* driving nettle root (same as above)
I purchase the above 3 from iherb which I believe is a good company who's interest in health is pure.
*fish oil aus

I have a good diet from foods all grown in Australian, I prefer to buy a local markets to support my community over Coles.

I am not rich as you can see my supplements are probably cheaper then yours but more importantly healthier.
What crap? Bcaas, daa, pre workout supp??
Yeah ill accept it if you call the trifecta stack crap but you have you tried it? It's a one off buy.. maybe your right and its a waste of money but i'll find out when I use it, im saving it for a rainy day, ill log it.
Alot of people use pre workout supps and benefit from them.
The Daa is a first for me ill log it, if i don't feel any benefits from it I won't be buying it again.
As for the other stuff im sorry the proceeds don't help 3rd world countries or aren't from Australia but I see all of them bar the pre workout supp and daa on your list. Don't you ever try new things out? Oh and your creatine and bccas are healthier than mine???? interesting.
Just wondering how much you pay for wpi, bcaas & glutamine?

I don’t particularly like the tone of what I have been reading lately. I know for a fact that it would be most beneficial for one and all if we were to simply inquire of each other instead of challenging each other’s past decisions, be they good or bad.

In a nutshell, what I’m asking all my friends here is to show some team spirit please. I thank you for your time.

Fadi.

If you read the start of the tyread I acknowledge NZ as being another country I was happy to buy off of. The processing plant in NZ is known as the best it the world. I strogly believe the protein down under is the best and I too debt think there was a difference until Fadi first pointed it out.

I'm not forcing or making people do what I say so don't get your jocks all tied up mate nor am I directly attacking anyone. If you can't handle a simple discussion stay out of it because the next time you imply I'm a hogan due to my choices of suppliers I will take offense to it.

Everything I have learnt is from the guru's of this site when it comes to supplements as I was very misguided when I first came here. Abother reason I don't purchase products like that is that the wisest people on this forum don't encourage it, they don't achknowledge the description on the side of the bottle and it's only ever new people that talk about it...

Okay, can someone please 'aware' me on why Aussie protein is superior in terms of quality?
My understanding is that 'generally' both American and Aussie companies purchase from the same manufacturing plant.

Can you please aware me on the issue with supps. Thanks.

If t wasn't for australias mining boom we wouldn't have ANYTHING on te American dollar.. Do you really think that will last for ever? What else do we actually export? Bugger all in the scheme of things. Agricultural goods? Nope we are being dominated by countries 1/20th our size. Tech? .... Don't think so. So what??? What happens when this giant mine we are on depletes or can no longer be used due to population of mining areas? Personally I would rather not be a tight arse and support our country from the start. Support Australian owned, Australian grown produce.

American farms overpopulated with cattle that are fed corn..

Australian free range dairy cows fed what the earth intended them to eat...

Mate, your telling me not to get my knickers in a knot... I read the above post and thats why you had my response.

Last edited:
I no way was it insulting my post. It may sound abrupt but no more abrupt then the replies I got when I first came here and posted stuff like that about supplements. I am sorry Fadi but I feel strongly about this topic and it's hard to sugar coat it.

Most American dairy farms are now mass producing ones. The cattle are kept locked up in cramped space and fed corn which is NOT what nature intended them to eat. I did mention this earlier in the thread as well. If you buy local protein your buying from either NZ or Tas which are two places where the grass is always greener. There is no mass production, there is regulations surrounding our dairy industry which America do not have and the NZ processing plant had the best techknowledgy in the world for processing ultra pure wpi.

In America there is no laws to control how supplements are made and what is put in them. Now while I'm sure a few of them would fork out for the best quality protein ALLOT of them wouldn't bother as they are there for the $!!! You may even find them importing their protein from China which is cheaper again. Let me ask you though? How do you know your American products are what youthink they are?

Cathart I'm sorry if I came on harsh but if I questioned somethig you believed in strongly and that you KNEW was right you too would defend it with passion. If I the. Implied your a bogan for promoting Australian growth I'm sure you would be upset by this.

What crap? Bcaas, daa, pre workout supp??
Yeah ill accept it if you call the trifecta stack crap but you have you tried it? It's a one off buy.. maybe your right and its a waste of money but i'll find out when I use it, im saving it for a rainy day, ill log it.
Alot of people use pre workout supps and benefit from them.
The Daa is a first for me ill log it, if i don't feel any benefits from it I won't be buying it again.
As for the other stuff im sorry the proceeds don't help 3rd world countries or aren't from Australia but I see all of them bar the pre workout supp and daa on your list. Don't you ever try new things out? Oh and your creatine and bccas are healthier than mine???? interesting.
Just wondering how much you pay for wpi, bcaas & glutamine?

I use to try thing out yes. I use to spend allot of money on the latest supplments yes. You told me you stuggle for money though? I'm trying to give you good adive which was given to me in the EXACT same tone. In fact it was Fadi who ripped it into me about the supplement I was taking. I thought he was a real prick at the time but I knew there was a possibility that he could be right. I week or two passed and I realised how stupid I was that I thought size and strength came from supplements and not from diet and hard work.

Other people have winced educated me on pre workout supps. Noobs has particulary strong views on caffine being used in them which I am inclined to agree with. If you need a buzz before a workout to put in hard work... Well someoenthing else is wrong.

You buy bcaa's in fancy packaging where as I buy them no frills. You pay postage, I get mine delivered free.

Now anyone who says that get s good pump from jack3d I can never take seriously. Jadck3d is a few amino aicids and caffine isn't it?

Onto my supplment being healthier. Read them again. Most of them are health related. No trifecta stack, no caffine filled pre workout, I know where they were made and I only use them to make up where my diet lacks.

Now I WILL still try new things out but I won't spend a cent until I know it could be legit. Until I've researched the ingredients and seen all the positives and negative.

Prices on my supplements can be found;
Bulknutrients.com.au
Professionalwhey.com think au
eBay (a mate of mine owns an eBay store that sells NZ protein, he is very clues on protein quality so I will pick his brain next time I see him for some more detailed answers for you)
Iherb

I challenge you to think about what I have said and try not to think about it as me attacking you but trying to help you. Also could someone please link noob's caffeine article?

I use to try thing out yes. I use to spend allot of money on the latest supplments yes. You told me you stuggle for money though? I'm trying to give you good adive which was given to me in the EXACT same tone. In fact it was Fadi who ripped it into me about the supplement I was taking. I thought he was a real prick at the time but I knew there was a possibility that he could be right. I week or two passed and I realised how stupid I was that I thought size and strength came from supplements and not from diet and hard work.

Other people have winced educated me on pre workout supps. Noobs has particulary strong views on caffine being used in them which I am inclined to agree with. If you need a buzz before a workout to put in hard work... Well someoenthing else is wrong.

You buy bcaa's in fancy packaging where as I buy them no frills. You pay postage, I get mine delivered free.

Now anyone who says that get s good pump from jack3d I can never take seriously. Jadck3d is a few amino aicids and caffine isn't it?

Onto my supplment being healthier. Read them again. Most of them are health related. No trifecta stack, no caffine filled pre workout, I know where they were made and I only use them to make up where my diet lacks.

Now I WILL still try new things out but I won't spend a cent until I know it could be legit. Until I've researched the ingredients and seen all the positives and negative.

Prices on my supplements can be found;
Bulknutrients.com.au
Professionalwhey.com think au
eBay (a mate of mine owns an eBay store that sells NZ protein, he is very clues on protein quality so I will pick his brain next time I see him for some more detailed answers for you)
Iherb

I challenge you to think about what I have said and try not to think about it as me attacking you but trying to help you. Also could someone please link noob's caffeine article?
I don't take it personally you have your opinion and I respect that BUT I also have my opinion and I feel I make some valid points. First of all I know strength and size don't come from supplements, and that in fact you don't need supplements at all to be healthy strong and muscular. Yes I know that proper training and diet and rest are all you need to build a decent physique. But there is evidence to suggest that some supplements work. Creatine, amino acids, whey protein do help i'm sure you would agree. Do I need a preworkout supplement? No, just as I don't need any supplements. But does it work for me?yes. Does it give me more energy?yes. Better pumps? yes. I cycle them no more then 12 weeks on and then 12 weeks off, And do I notice a difference in my workouts when I use it? Yes. They're cheap enough anyway.
Xtend is a good supplement, bcaa's 2:1:1 ratio, L-glutamine, citrulline malate, vitamin b6. Even with postage it's probably alot cheaper than your no frills bcaas and glutamine, and mine is enjoyable to drink, it tastes great, and it comes in a cool tub with a scoop.. how does yours taste?
I don't buy things until ive read enough about it such as forum logs and reviews and/or studies. I don't believe for one second 99% of things supplement companies claim. If something I buy doesn't do anything for me I learn from it and don't buy it again. I only ever try one new thing at a time and its not very often, that way I can notice any difference it makes.
As for where we source our supplements you obviously have a strong need to know where it comes from what kinda farms it from australian made preferred etc and your happy to pay a premium for that. Im not and i'll continue to pay less for similar supplements that may or may not be as good a quality as yours, perhaps better quality? http://ausbb.com/images/icons/icon7.gif

So your saying you buy brand name supplements cheaper then anything we can buy in bulk...

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm raging at tpg, 3 and customs.

But this is me being nice. Not nice equals Alot of.

#%}*}*}*~^|€}^]@)&$@&@*#*%#€

So your saying you buy brand name supplements cheaper then anything we can buy in bulk...

yes I am saying that I can buy brand name supps overseas and have them delivered cheaper than you buy bulk quality australian, everything bar protein, I do agree that bulk whey is the cheapest and best way to get whey in australia (only because customs dont allow me to import protein from overseas).. and no im not on crack.. are you? you don't have to agree with me, im expressing my opinion and you your's.. feel free to educate me I have an open mind, dont just tell me im on crack better yet have an open mind and don't just discount my opinion on sight, tell me why you think im wrong and your right, im not an expert and not nearly as experienced as some of you guys.. Im here to learn and to share my views, no need for insults even though im not going to take it personally.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cathart I'm sorry if I came on harsh but if I questioned somethig you believed in strongly and that you KNEW was right you too would defend it with passion. If I the. Implied your a bogan for promoting Australian growth I'm sure you would be upset by this.

Okay lets keep this civil. We are all here to learn.
You indicated in your previous post that:

Why not eat right and buy cheap Australian whey which is BETTER quality!

My question is do we know for sure why it is better? Don't most companies from the US purchase their stock from the same plant as Aussie companies?

In America there is no laws to control how supplements are made and what is put in them. Let me ask you though? How do you know your American products are what youthink they are?

I understand the laws in the US are not regulated by the FDA, however I do believe there are labelling laws (input please), however there are a few practices in place such as GMP manufacturing. Regardless of that however, we know which companies actually go to lengths in testing their raws through independent testing with a reputable lab - some companies will even provide you with COA's when requested.
There have been recent reports with ConsumerLabs and ConsumerReports where they have independently tested products, CL & CR recently finding 'excessive' amounts of heavy metals in some products, gives us a pretty good idea of quality control, which companies are have issues, which don't.
The same question effectively could be placed on protein bought from Aus bulk companies - how do you know how much protein you are actually getting? What other contaminents are in there? I know Bulk Nutrients obtains COA's from their supplier, however, these in fact look no different to those from the US ones.

Couldn't you even state that as BN doesn't independently test their raws, the companies from the US are in fact more reliable? - Just thinking out loud here.

Yeah agree with you here. Most PreWO will use Arginine, however won't do anything to boost NO.

Oh and for the record, I do occassionally buy from BulkNutrients...

I thought i kept it pretty simple bar the trifecta stack which is a one off my usual stack consists of aminos, creatine mono, pre workout supp, whey protein.. and things like vitamins, fish oil, glucosamine. I thought that was a pretty solid but basic stack.. what does everyone else's supplementation look like?
Mine is.

Fish Oil
Glutamine
L-Leucine
BCAA's
EAA's
WPI
Arachadonic Acid (Bulk)

Finished a tub of jack3d a couple of weeks ago.. mighty stuff is so far as energy goes.

jack3d ingredients:
Arginine Alpha-Ketoglutarate, Creatine Monohydrate, Beta Alanine, Caffeine, 1,3-Dimethylamylamine (Geranium [Stem]), Schizandrol A
Pretty no nonsense ingredients in my humble opinion.
Oh and I do get better pumps...slightly better.. its okay if you dont believe me :)