• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Welcome big guy.
Where on your journey do we find you?

Thanks! Yeah been a long journey but finally getting focussed on lifting and eating.. Been skinny (and then skinny-fat) thanks to marriage :) and over past 2-3 years cut the fat off via clean eating and living. Getting closer to 40 now so need to build now before too late..
Now just getting into lifting after mucking around as a 20-something but never truly doing what was needed to get gainz.

Looking at at the power cages right now, in particular the Gym Direct HPRSP which looks awesome and will equip me with what I need to get a good base at home. Reading all the reviews here which is very helpful.

Appreciate the welcome!

Welcome to Ausbb - Australian Bodybuilding,[you]

Hope that you enjoy your stay here at Ausbb , Introduce yourself , look around , ask some questions or just hang back in General Chat

Thank you :)

Thanks! Yeah been a long journey but finally getting focussed on lifting and eating.. Been skinny (and then skinny-fat) thanks to marriage :) and over past 2-3 years cut the fat off via clean eating and living. Getting closer to 40 now so need to build now before too late..
Now just getting into lifting after mucking around as a 20-something but never truly doing what was needed to get gainz.

Looking at at the power cages right now, in particular the Gym Direct HPRSP which looks awesome and will equip me with what I need to get a good base at home. Reading all the reviews here which is very helpful.

Appreciate the welcome!
Nice mate. Onya.
And yep, home setups cant be beat. Id be lost without my gear. Haha.

- Name - Adam
- Age - 31
- Gender - Male
- Location - Bunbury
- Training experience - A little (10 years on and off)
- Any Interests -

I joined Ausbb because I am looking to up the training and looking for inspiration/ advice to get in shape.

- Name - Adam
- Age - 31
- Gender - Male
- Location - Bunbury
- Training experience - A little (10 years on and off)
- Any Interests -

I joined Ausbb because I am looking to up the training and looking for inspiration/ advice to get in shape.

Hey all,
The names Matt. I am 22 but 23 in early March. I have recently been going to the gym with a good routine of going on every monday, wednesday and friday. My plan at the moment is to bulk, as I would like to be strong as I am hoping of getting into the police next year.
Cheers,
Matt

Welcome to the forums Mgt!

Hi I'm Tas Mas, 43 y/o male from Tassie.

I have trained CrossFit for a couple of years but decided to start training a different way a couple of months ago. I am currently training between 4-6 reps on working sets, 5 days a week, a la Mike Matthews' Bigger Leaner Stronger. Training this way has been really great in lots of ways and I'm making good progress.

I'm what I laughably call "cutting" at the minute and have quite a way to go until I get to my goal of 10% b/f.

Look forward to jumping in on discussions!

Thank you both! Just reading the how to squat sticky post in the powerlifting forum to see if my Q is answered before posting it...

Thanks - looking forward to learn the best/fastest way to get me skinny...

Howdy,

Been reading / lurking for a while so I thought I would post a quick intro.

I had been doing bodyweight exercises for the last few years which good weight loss results. Once I was happy with the progress it was time to move on so I got myself some adjustable dumbbells, planning to just compliment my bodyweight training. Then came the barbell and more weights. Then a bench.. and so on. I've been reading 'Bigger, Leaner, Stronger' by Mike Matthews and loosely follow his program with good results. Been lifting for about 3 months now. Next step is to get a power rack so I can perform more from home safely.

Hey Everyone
Im 16 and have been doing some weight training for the last year and am looking to get into some more serious weightlifting/ Olympic lifts in the near future. I hope you don't mind the occasional question or too as i'm sure ill have many in the future.Thanks in Advance. Will

Last edited: