• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Linearly progression with barbell curls won't work,

e.g.
moving from 20kg to 22.5kg is a 2.5/20 * 100 = 12.5% increase
moving from 40kg to 42.5kg is a 2.5/50 * 100 = 6.25% increase

and these are increases EVERY session, just not possible

Linearly progression with barbell curls won't work,

e.g.
moving from 20kg to 22.5kg is a 2.5/20 * 100 = 12.5% increase
moving from 40kg to 42.5kg is a 2.5/50 * 100 = 6.25% increase

and these are increases EVERY session, just not possible

Don't progress by 2.5kg for a barbell curl that is just stupid, try smaller or at worst weekly progression. Same goes for upper body lifts, it is easier to put on 2.5kgs for a deadlift than for a military press. If you have to you can reduce the progression to 1, 1.5 or 2kg. Just keep progressing.

Don't progress by 2.5kg for a barbell curl that is just stupid, try smaller or at worst weekly progression. Same goes for upper body lifts, it is easier to put on 2.5kgs for a deadlift than for a military press. If you have to you can reduce the progression to 1, 1.5 or 2kg. Just keep progressing.

Just try for more reps

Say you move up to 25 kg, you may only be able to do 3x6, make sure you do 3x7 next session and keep going until you can do 3x8 then go up 2.5kg

Just try for more reps

Say you move up to 25 kg, you may only be able to do 3x6, make sure you do 3x7 next session and keep going until you can do 3x8 then go up 2.5kg

Get a new gym :D Or bring in your own plate mates (0.25, 0.5, 1kg etc) magnetic plates you can just stick on. Or use 2 collars on an end instead of 1 (be ready for abuse).

Get a new gym :D Or bring in your own plate mates (0.25, 0.5, 1kg etc) magnetic plates you can just stick on. Or use 2 collars on an end instead of 1 (be ready for abuse).

Dont simply limit yourself to weight.

Do one of the 3 mores....more weight/more reps/more sets

Another option is same amount of work in less time

Its all progress

Dont simply limit yourself to weight.

Do one of the 3 mores....more weight/more reps/more sets

Another option is same amount of work in less time

Its all progress

quick question

Hi

I just joined, and firstly i wanted to say thank you. this is an awesome workout which i will diligently follow until I at least hit the numbers on the first post. I rlly dont want to f##k with the workout, so I just have a couple of questions, and I'll take watever abuse u wanna throw at me, as long as ur qualified to do so.

1. Can i substitute sldl for regular ones? I feel fully recovered within 48 hours when doing regular ones

2. Is it ok to ramp up the reps through the week until your accustomed to that weight and then progress, i.e. monday 3x6, wed 3x7, fri 3x8, and then move up weight the next week?

3. Wat sort of progression can I expect to make in the non major lifts, i.e. anything except the bench, squat and deadlift?

4. what weights am I moving the three major lifts up by each week?

Thanks for this awesome workout

quick question

Hi

I just joined, and firstly i wanted to say thank you. this is an awesome workout which i will diligently follow until I at least hit the numbers on the first post. I rlly dont want to f##k with the workout, so I just have a couple of questions, and I'll take watever abuse u wanna throw at me, as long as ur qualified to do so.

1. Can i substitute sldl for regular ones? I feel fully recovered within 48 hours when doing regular ones

2. Is it ok to ramp up the reps through the week until your accustomed to that weight and then progress, i.e. monday 3x6, wed 3x7, fri 3x8, and then move up weight the next week?

3. Wat sort of progression can I expect to make in the non major lifts, i.e. anything except the bench, squat and deadlift?

4. what weights am I moving the three major lifts up by each week?

Thanks for this awesome workout

Thanks untouchable. I was going to make that actual point about bb curls.

17.5kg x 8R x 3 = 420kg in total used
17.5kg x 8R x 4 = 560.5kg in total used
20.0kg x 8R x 3 = 480kg in total used

So there's a lot to gain from doing an extra set...adding a load of 33.33% of what you did last time (420/560 =33%) instead of a lackluster 14%, 420/480 = 14%

Or you could rest for a shorter tome :)

Thanks untouchable. I was going to make that actual point about bb curls.

17.5kg x 8R x 3 = 420kg in total used
17.5kg x 8R x 4 = 560.5kg in total used
20.0kg x 8R x 3 = 480kg in total used

So there's a lot to gain from doing an extra set...adding a load of 33.33% of what you did last time (420/560 =33%) instead of a lackluster 14%, 420/480 = 14%

Or you could rest for a shorter tome :)

You are a beginner if you cant bench 100kg, squat 140kg and deadlift 180kg. I dont care what your bodyweight is, get bigger, its why your lifting. Bodyweight is not an excuse.

I posted this up on another forum a year ago. The pissweak pencil neck poindexters all pointed out that it was biased against skinny guys. Crap. If your skinny, eat something. At the time Max weighed 60kg and wasnt remotely close to any of those lifts.

One year later he only has the bench to go, he is only a handful of kg's away. That sounds about right. If you train correctly, you should be able to achieve these goals in a year, regardless of bodyweight. Not many on here lighter than Max was, so no complaints.

The record for achieving all these lifts at PTC from complete beginner was Vocy, he did it in under 3 months from never touching a weight, he weighed 100kg. Benny did it in roughly the same, around 10 weeks.

Now, if your a beginner, here is what you need to do, for between 3-12 months.

Squat 3 x 10
Bench press 3 x 8
Bent row 3 x 8
Military press 3 x 8
SLDL 3 x 8
BB curl 3 x 8

Do this 3 times a week. Progressively add weight.

If youve been training for longer than 12 months and cant make ALL those lifts, you've been kidding yourselves, wasting your time on rubbish.

If somebody gave you a pile of ****, and said it was free, would you keep it, simply cause its free? Of course not, you have no use for it.

Just because something is free doesnt mean its useful.

Also, is there any chance you could quickly walk me through the correct technique for BB Rows? Whenever I do them, I bend my knees slightly and arch my back, sort of like halfway through a sdld, and row to my upper stomach, but i never really feel it hitting my back. I have a really really weak lower back.

Many thanks again
Aaron

You are a beginner if you cant bench 100kg, squat 140kg and deadlift 180kg. I dont care what your bodyweight is, get bigger, its why your lifting. Bodyweight is not an excuse.

I posted this up on another forum a year ago. The pissweak pencil neck poindexters all pointed out that it was biased against skinny guys. Crap. If your skinny, eat something. At the time Max weighed 60kg and wasnt remotely close to any of those lifts.

One year later he only has the bench to go, he is only a handful of kg's away. That sounds about right. If you train correctly, you should be able to achieve these goals in a year, regardless of bodyweight. Not many on here lighter than Max was, so no complaints.

The record for achieving all these lifts at PTC from complete beginner was Vocy, he did it in under 3 months from never touching a weight, he weighed 100kg. Benny did it in roughly the same, around 10 weeks.

Now, if your a beginner, here is what you need to do, for between 3-12 months.

Squat 3 x 10
Bench press 3 x 8
Bent row 3 x 8
Military press 3 x 8
SLDL 3 x 8
BB curl 3 x 8

Do this 3 times a week. Progressively add weight.

If youve been training for longer than 12 months and cant make ALL those lifts, you've been kidding yourselves, wasting your time on rubbish.

If somebody gave you a pile of ****, and said it was free, would you keep it, simply cause its free? Of course not, you have no use for it.

Just because something is free doesnt mean its useful.

Also, is there any chance you could quickly walk me through the correct technique for BB Rows? Whenever I do them, I bend my knees slightly and arch my back, sort of like halfway through a sdld, and row to my upper stomach, but i never really feel it hitting my back. I have a really really weak lower back.

Many thanks again
Aaron