• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
If the beginner standard for the squat is 140kg the equivalent standard for the clean is going to be more in the 100kg range.

Yeah I think clean the same as bench sounds about right. What would that put snatch at then, 75kg?

(going off best gym lifts overall 170/90/192.5)

going to 89 weight again
squat - intermediate (5kg off advanced)
bench - novice (6kg off intermediate)
deadlift - intermediate (13.5kg off advanced)
best lifts so far are
squat 180 x1
bench 100 x3
dead 210.5 x1
squat and dead was done at 93kg, bench at about 97.

keeping in mind iv gone up a weight class, that puts it in at
bench - intermediate
dead - intermediate (5.5 kg off advanced)

next comp i want roughly 187.5/100/220 - 507.5 that would be a good squat, shit bench and average deadlift on the day. + that leaves 7.5kg room to still hit my goal of a 500 total while im 16.

best lifts so far are
squat 180 x1
bench 100 x3
dead 210.5 x1

bench - intermediate

next comp i want roughly 187.5/100/220 - 507.5 that would be a good squat, shit bench and average deadlift on the day. + that leaves 7.5kg room to still hit my goal of a 500 total while im 16.

Winning.

Yeah I think clean the same as bench sounds about right. What would that put snatch at then, 75kg?

following on from how 140/100/180 is 3 plates/2 plates/4 plates -
maybe it should be:

Snatch - 1 plate (1.5 maybe?)
C&J - 2 plates
Bench - 2 plates
Squat - 3 plates
Dead - 4 plates

so that would be
60(75) snatch / 100 C&J / 100 Bench / 140 Sq / 180 Dead

happy-oh-stop-it-you.png

Not reading through the whole thread to see if had been fixed, but the WL Standards (Metric) seemed to be blocked on Mediafire. Anyway used this link to get the tables in kg's Weightlifting Performance Standards.

Anyway looking at some of the #'s in this thread compared to mine, feel sheepish posting in this thread haha. Will use it as motivation!

So here's mine:
Press - 47.5kg (Novice)
Bench - 72.5kg (Novice)
Squat - 97.5kg (Novice)
Clean - 40kg (Untrained)
Deadlift - 100kg (Untrained)

Seems pretty fair, I'm only a few weeks into all this and I don't weigh all that much. Yet.

Deadlift and clean - I've only done these once or twice so not 100% sure I'm even doing them right, let alone knowing what my real maximum is just yet. The others I'm sort of half way between novice and intermediate.

Keen to revisit this in a few months time, hopefully progress is good!

best lifts so far are
squat 180 x1
bench 100 x3
dead 210.5 x1

bench - intermediate

Holy crap! You can squat 180 at 16? phenomenal!
The rugby talent scouts should be knocking on your door by now.

Lol a 75kg lifter with a 2 lift WL total of 455?

That's a 200 snatch and 255 clean and jerk

Even as a super those numbers would be impressive, let alone the 6th highest class lifter, and over the WR

I know the Russians are better than everyone else but they aren't THAT much better :p

Last edited: