• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
You don't need to win, this is a really good measure of where you're at with your level of strength and conditioning, something to improve on if you want 6 months later.

You don't need to win, this is a really good measure of where you're at with your level of strength and conditioning, something to improve on if you want 6 months later.

It's the powerlifter mentality.

Shy away from a competition you can't win.

With half a dozen Feds, million weight and age divisions. Then break it up into gear and raw. Everyone is a champ. They don't really know what it is like to compete and come up through the ranks. Usually even if you are shit you end up coming second or third. Even then if you have a competitive weight class you see people jumping up and down weight classes to avoid the tough competition.

With half a dozen Feds, million weight and age divisions. Then break it up into gear and raw. Everyone is a champ. They don't really know what it is like to compete and come up through the ranks. Usually even if you are shit you end up coming second or third. Even then if you have a competitive weight class you see people jumping up and down weight classes to avoid the tough competition.
Sounds very familiar

i have aver another interesting observation about power lifters which I'll share later, I've got to go and dig up the daughters garden

Spot on, these events can be done by a variety of sports people to test the various components of basic fitness.

Sure, clean and overhead a bit tricky, but a basic muscle clean and push press is not that hard.
Like all events, practice at them will improve you.

Last edited:
but do you think 800m is really long enough. Not really "aerobic"?

no, about 50-50, but want to attract rather than deter participants.

If you are not reasonably fit, you still want do any good at 800m.

I will be away next week, Monday until friday night (not sure about internet), so will update opening thread if need be then.

Monday morning is my boot camp days at the footy oval so I'll do the 100m then. Will do the 1rm bench that day too.
Chins on Thursday.

(Can't do clean and OHP stuff until back heals)

Will do the 800m sometime next week. (Haven't run any distance for a long time but still climb mountains fairly regularly so hopefully still have a bit of cardio fitness)

I like the idea that you can have as many goes as you want. Makes for a good progress report by the end of the year.

No vid as I was just mucking around in my class today. Did 20 chins with no rest at 86kg. Pretty happy with that. Need to lose some weight :)

guys (and girls although we don't have many), remember to post clips of any feats.

Also, don't rush into doing a flat out 100m. build up to it with a few weeks of slower reps gradually increasing pace.

If you go flat out with no background of running, good chance you will do a hamstring injury.

You have all year to do the running tests, as is the case with other tests.

Who will be the first to post anything?

Last edited: