• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Which Machine?

Which machine

• Total voters
Mcfly you must be a beast after your years of training. And infinite wisdom and steak... you compete?

back on topic.

Why has no one voted Pec Deck. Surely there's at least one Chest-brah amongst you lot.

I think that the nautilus pullover was the most significant exercise ever, barbell or "machine"and rivals the dip as the "upper body squat".

But I don't think there is an exercise done with a barbell that effectively works the hammies?

I think that the nautilus pullover was the most significant exercise ever, barbell or "machine"and rivals the dip as the "upper body squat".

But I don't think there is an exercise done with a barbell that effectively works the hammies?

other than squats and their 300 variations, deadlifts, SLDLs, RDLs and good mornings?

Stiff leg deads or rdls toast my hammys

Barbell GHR for hammies? I'm suspecting (although I'm no mind-reader) that Goosey's comment has something to do with the fact that RDLs/SLDLs/GMs etc work hip extension but not knee flexion. Most parts of the hamstrings are worked in hip extension, but the short head of biceps femoris isn't, so it needs some concentric knee flexion. Hence leg curl variations.

I second cable crossovers in place of pec deck.
I love you bro I really do.

Reminds me of the old sane.

You can marry a whore but its not gonna make her a housewife..........

Also I don't think mcfly lifts. I think he is bellas troll account.
I hope he isn't. I liked Bella. I enjoy McFly, but for entirely different reasons.

Pretty much u are just weak and takeing short cuts u probably train at jetts and dont have much choice in regards to equipment or have insufecent knowledge or training experience and just cut and pasted alot of crap that someone else wrote down.

Well, there aren't too many males in my gym who lift less than me, so you aren't completely wrong. I'll attach some pics from my gym below.

^ that point above is useless in regards to strengh and form is self taught not a machine predicting your path.

O....kay?

^ to this point I say if its hard strenghn your stabilesrs. And if u are going higher than the line of shoulders it's a trap based movement.

Things being harder to lift when they're at arm's length compared to when they're right next to your body has nothing to with "stabiliser" strength and everything to do with torque. Besides, my point is that when torque makes an exercise heavy at one point in the ROM and light at another point in the ROM, machines can be designed to make the exercise heavy throughout the ENTIRE ROM.

^ really???

You are wrong the that weight u are lifting doesn't transfer over to muscle torque as well. It's like a jack any one can lift a 2 tons like any one can have a 200 kilo bench press on machine. It's artificial because the fact is u can't bench with out shoulders and if u are putting 200 kgs on your chest alone u will snap it up. U need to re check your ingredients. U won't see any machine mass building routines.

U wot m8? Who cares about numbers when it comes to bodybuilding? Muscles are stimulated to grow by placing overload on them. Whether that overload is achieved with a 50kg barbell bench press or a 500kg machine bench press is of signifcantly less relevance than that the muscle undergoes overload. If people think that they can lift x amount of weight with a barbell because they can lift y amount of weight with a machine, that might prove that they're somewhere between naive and stupid (unless it turns out that they're correct, which can happen, especially if they use both pieces of equipment and have noticed a trend between the two), but it doesn't invalidate the overload given by their use of the equipment.
This is Strength Sports Gym, where I train. Our extensive list of machines are a chest-supported row, and seated cable row and a standing calf raise. That's it. My training consists of squatting, pressing and deadlifting with barbells; pull ups, seated rows, calf raises, some DB work, some ab work, and some strongman work (mostly farmer's walks and tyre flips). There is very little machine work in my training. I just happen to appreciate the value of machines, and am happy to give credit where credit is due. Very few people need machines in their programs, but there are plenty of useful machines that can be worth having and using. I would be very slow to recommend a machines-only program, but I'd be even slower to say that they shouldn't be used.
428830_165641040237968_884359880_n.jpg

319396_165642166904522_1723959916_n.jpg

394494_165643226904416_252171243_n.jpg

422269_165640493571356_785841080_n.jpg

To efficiently work them you also need a contraction
All hinges (SLDL, RDL etc) are a hip extension, which is a hamstring movement. Granted, hamstrings aren't the only muscles involved in hip extension, nor are they necessarily the target muscles in each hinge movement, but I think they should usually be contracting during the concentric phase of those exercises. How optimal that contraction is, is perhaps another story, but that contraction should be there.

Ryan f what part of I don't I give a rats ass how u train don't you understand? U drag shit on and on I couldn't give 2 fucks...