• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Which Machine?

Which machine

• Total voters
Anything less will stimulate sub-maximal growth I suspect.

Growth comes from tearing muscle fibres the more muscle fibres u tear the more protein syntheses occurs. I love super setting rdls with weighted glute ham raise hyper extension pad thingy majigy...you will have DOMS for days.

887FF06F-8842-4956-A5AF-8291E8190705-296-0000004858845341_zps4b8090e1.jpg

Try this little beauty weighted!!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y0DMBv_TbWI&feature=youtube_gdata_player]Randy Coyle Swing Squat Demonstration - STG Strength and Power - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JWmSHrhZkUM&feature=youtube_gdata_player]Ray Mentzer trains Boyer Coe Part One - YouTube[/ame]

Thanks for putting this up Goosey - I had forgotten all about the akinetic squat machine. The old Nautilus machines were brilliant pieces of engineering.

Thanks for putting this up Goosey - I had forgotten all about the akinetic squat machine. The old Nautilus machines were brilliant pieces of engineering.

Cool, I've used the duo-squat, I've used most squatting devices.

The duo-squat is by far the most intense, you can see coes knees almost end up behind his head, while the force is not placed on the hip.
At full extension the resistance is greatest, moving one leg at a time enables him to achieve full extension without placing load on the spine.

What I don't like Coe doing is locking at extension, if he maintained tension, he'd require less weight but it would be kinder to hip and knee.

Growth comes from tearing muscle fibres the more muscle fibres u tear the more protein syntheses occurs. I love super setting rdls with weighted glute ham raise hyper extension pad thingy majigy...you will have DOMS for days.

887FF06F-8842-4956-A5AF-8291E8190705-296-0000004858845341_zps4b8090e1.jpg

Try this little beauty weighted!!

I nearly tore my hamstring doing these once. I haven't gone back to them since (my hamstrings are so incredibly tight - I've finally started stretching everywhere, including the hams). Also, I have to admit that a gym bunny set up shop doing db rows 1 metre in front of me.. however, I don't think this contributed significantly to the injury ;p

For some reason, these kill my lower arms at high enough weights to stress my pecs, where the pec dec doesn't ... would definitely be a better exercise though imo if that wasn't a problem.
Interesting. I know that feel when the target muscles don't get worked because something else gives out first.