• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Weber BBQ cooking

yeah unreal hey.. I woulda thought theyre all much the same but guess not!!

did another lamb roast on wednesday... just used the redheads lump charcoal.. overcooked my veges but the lamb was fukn delish!!

So after spending a couple months using the $48 knock off weber from big w the handle broke off the ash catcher. Just so happened I saw a genuine weber on gumtree.com 2 kays from home. Whipped over bargained the lady down to $20. Quick water blast and two new charcoal baskets for $30 from masters and it was like new.

Holds the heat alot better then the cheapy and you can actually easily regulate heat through the vents. Suprised me how much better it is to cook on. Much much easier to light with the charcoal baskets and the bottom grill with the rebates for fire lighters.

Gonna try a low n slow 12hr ribs tomorrow, marinating in the fridge as we speak.

If your going to buy one definietly get a genuine weber they are worth the $$$$.

Also got a slab of granite to carve into a pizza stone and gonna get some stainless to whip up one of these-

http://kettlepizza.files.wordpress.com/2010/12/dsc_0419.jpg

Gonna try a low n slow 12hr ribs tomorrow, marinating in the fridge as we speak.

oooohh looks like we are gonna have a rib off tomorrow!! i bought 2.4kg of beef ribs to do tomorrow as well. looking at about a 6-7 hour cook for me, about to prep them and put the rub on to leave overnight.

oooohh looks like we are gonna have a rib off tomorrow!! i bought 2.4kg of beef ribs to do tomorrow as well. looking at about a 6-7 hour cook for me, about to prep them and put the rub on to leave overnight.

Where'd you get your pulled pork recipe from.

Pulled pork and coleslaw sandwiches are going to be next weekends attempt

shoulda read this thread before purchase.

Got a cheapie from bunnings and shit house easy-lite heat beads.....

had no fkin idea, just piles the beads on the grill and lit them up.

after a few minutes of them flaming away, they all went out...

after a few attempts to relite, I went and got some firelighters, piles the beads up with some of them and lit them up.

they ashed up a bit but didn't lite properly.

failed badly...

gonna get some decent charcoal and a chimney asap.

ok had a look at the chimney things, looks like a basic type thing.

So I had a spare hour this arvo, so I decided to try and make one.

found an old paint can, so I drilled some holes and made some modifications.

2013+-+3

2013+-+2

Worked a treat, once I got one to start burning, just left the thing go for half an hour why I went and bought some fish.

still gonna buy a proper one from bunnings, they are like $30.00

shoulda read this thread before purchase.

Got a cheapie from bunnings and shit house easy-lite heat beads.....

had no fkin idea, just piles the beads on the grill and lit them up.

after a few minutes of them flaming away, they all went out...

after a few attempts to relite, I went and got some firelighters, piles the beads up with some of them and lit them up.

they ashed up a bit but didn't lite properly.

failed badly...

R
gonna get some decent charcoal and a chimney asap.

Heat beads are fine dude... Just avoid the budget ones... Easy lite heat beads are fine...

Dude...

Get a bag of heat beads and cook on them... the flavour is awesome..

whether you buy a cheap Webber or expensive u end up with the same result....

Cheapest one rolling round is about $200 right?

Might gumtree it...feeling tight ass

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

I got one for $48 from bigw, Jumbuck I think the brand was or jackeroo. Just bought a secondhand weber on gumtree for $20, Cleaned it up and bought a few bits form masters (they carry all the weber bits) and it is like new. You just want to make sure it's the 57cm one.

Go the secondhand weber, there are a few bits that make em worth getting. They are setup with spot to put your fire starters and have the charcoal baskets. You use heaps less charcoal, it lights HEAPS easier and the heat control using the vents is much much better then the cheapie.

TBH I couldn't do slow cooks on the cheapie it was either burning flat out or getting choked out.

Get on the ausbbq forum heaps of good info and recipes there

I got one for $48 from bigw, Jumbuck I think the brand was or jackeroo. Just bought a secondhand weber on gumtree for $20, Cleaned it up and bought a few bits form masters (they carry all the weber bits) and it is like new. You just want to make sure it's the 57cm one.

Go the secondhand weber, there are a few bits that make em worth getting. They are setup with spot to put your fire starters and have the charcoal baskets. You use heaps less charcoal, it lights HEAPS easier and the heat control using the vents is much much better then the cheapie.

TBH I couldn't do slow cooks on the cheapie it was either burning flat out or getting choked out.

Get on the ausbbq forum heaps of good info and recipes there

Cheers dude!

$25 on gumtree... http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/buccan/bbq/weber-bbq-kettle-style-/1016483902 done.

Last edited: