• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Weber BBQ cooking

yeah they worked out well in the chimney. gonna go out and get some different brands and types to experiment with.

I wouldent touch the easy light - they are OK if you wait till fully ashed over and all the cems are burned off but you should NEVER add these mid cook to top up. your meat will taste like a fire lighter....

Heatbeads are better for long cooks, burns slower then charcoal.

Heatbeads will impart no flavor, Its the fat that drips onto them and burns creating smoke that makes it.

Charcoal imparts a better flavors, Burns hotter and quicker. Great for steaks ect.

Plenty of different charcoal to play around with.

I always add wood to create smoke and compliment the flavors of the meat.

Lighter woods for lighter meat, Ie cherry and apple for chicken and fish

Hickory for beef and lamb

Play around with all combos. Have fun!!

P.s id also start making some rubs. Get recipes and see what you like

Bob harts - Heat and smoke book is a good start to experiment.

BB53D0F7-7A30-4BDA-9347-7260D0EC5973-19388-0000039FBC69BF12.jpg

01F9EDE3-A09C-49C2-A326-00AF7132612C-19388-0000039FD08F7597.jpg

2.3kg of beef ribs done over 7 hours in the kettle

the meat was unreal on a toasted sandwich with melted cheese and a shit load of mustard

Basically smoke until internal temp is 60c then take off and steam until internal is at 90c - Take off, Rest if foil and towels for a few hours then slice that bad boy up

Got a few big cooks planed this weekend,

Did a rack of lamb last night, The only spewin part... I wish i had two of them

Tonight il flatten out a chicken breast, Wraped in fresh jalapenos, bacon and light cream cheese - then baked in the lil weber

Got pork ribs sitting in the fridge marinating for tomorrow morning, and a few brined chickens waiting so be thrown on the spit* tomorrow night :) fuck i love food!

*Take that as you wish you dirty Kunce

Got a few big cooks planed this weekend,

Did a rack of lamb last night, The only spewin part... I wish i had two of them

Tonight il flatten out a chicken breast, Wraped in fresh jalapenos, bacon and light cream cheese - then baked in the lil weber

Got pork ribs sitting in the fridge marinating for tomorrow morning, and a few brined chickens waiting so be thrown on the spit* tomorrow night :) fuck i love food!

*Take that as you wish you dirty Kunce

What Sparta ribs you use? And how do you cook em, just got myself a kette

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

What Sparta ribs you use? And how do you cook em, just got myself a kette

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

Il use pork ribs, and trim the under membrane off.

il usually do the 3-2-1 method or start a snake - Smoke for 2 hours, then baste a few times to get the juices in and flavors happening, about 3 hours in then its time to mop them again or use a spray bottle, il do apple juice, vinegar and bourbon - Foil and keep at around 80C for another 3 hours or until they are fall apart soft.

do a few trials with the snake method. Very handy for long cooks on roasts and ribs, pulled pork ect

I still havent found that perfect rib sauce/flavor - i LOVE the ones from hurricanes ribs - I heard on the grapevine that they are fruit sauce based

Also, Come join us over at Aussiebbq.com

Plenty to learn and cook - I think it goes hang in hand with bodybuilding :)

We gotta eat huh!

10 hour pulled pork shoulder:

just finished some 6 hour beef ribs that are resting now. will try get a couple of pics up later

Wow that looks great, just walked in from lighting the Weber, lamb chops and german pork sausages today:)

Have T-bones for tomorrow:):)

Won a meat tray with a few kg's of T-bones on it last night and other assorted stuff, all for $4:)