• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Weber BBQ cooking

Pretty straight forward actually...

Pour heat beads in.... Add half a pack of firelighters and light it up and leave it for an hour.

Total time to set up... A couple of minutes...

Of course...

Gas BBQ, turn gas cock, press igniter wait five minuts, place steak on BBQ finished in ten minutes, five for rare

Where do you get total set-up time FOR WEBER of 2 minutes if it takes an hour LOL.

Of course...

Gas BBQ, turn gas cock, press igniter wait five minuts, place steak on BBQ finished in ten minutes, five for rare

Where do you get total set-up time FOR WEBER of 2 minutes if it takes an hour LOL.

Lol... I don't count the one hour...

I shoulda said... Total effort on my part is a couple of minutes...

Lol... I don't count the one hour...

I shoulda said... Total effort on my part is a couple of minutes...

Yeah this^^^

It takes about 40 minutes for the coals to be ready, but I don't sit there watching them, about 1 minute to light, then do something else for 45 minutes (like do my gym workout). I often light the BBQ about half way through my gym session, then its ready to cook on by the time I finish.

I used to mess with them and move them around, and it makes no difference, just leave them alone and they actually seem to light better.

Here is a few of my Cooks over the last week.

IMAG0302 by sydking1, on Flickr

IMAG0310 by sydking1, on Flickr

IMAG0311 by sydking1, on Flickr

IMAG0310 by sydking1, on Flickr

IMAG0313 by sydking1, on Flickr

Still not done so folied and cooked to temp for another 5 hours.... THEN

I can never wait to eat for the long cooks. So here is a few quick inbetweens
icon_smile.gif

IMAG0283 by sydking1, on Flickr

IMAG0240 by sydking1, on Flickr

Ribs were then sprayed, Foiled and cooked for another 3 hours..

Tonight is Brined chicken on the new Mini Spit ( pics to come)

Spewin i didn't get pics of last nights pork roast, ME and the boys were way to hungry i forgot... First time with that cut and the crackling was to die for. A little smoke at the start ten cooked to 190F around 2 1/2 hours :)

This weekend is Lamb Leg, Beef ribs, Rib Roast and i will be smoking an assortments of cheeses ( cold smoking).

Cooked over $200 worth of meat this long weekend...... Phone decided to re set it self and lost every dam photo.

Don't get me wrong. I got to eat a shit load of good meat - But no fun if i cant share the love of BBQ.

So. Fu$k Smart phones.

Attempted to cook up another lamb roast + roast veges on the weber over the weekend.. Couldn't keep temperature up for some reason and ended up having to finish it all in the oven. Tasted good still, but frustrating that I couldn't get the weber to cooperate :(

Had a reasonable pile of heat beads which were all ashed over nicely, added some lump charcoal on top to try and bring temperature up but no joy - without ending up with too much in there to avoid cooking direct I couldnt' get the temperature over about 160-170.. Which would have been fine if I had more time, but I wasn't planning on this being a slow roast lol.

I suspect the problem may have been the coles-brand heat beads I used.. Burning out too quickly or something? No idea really.. don't have many of those beads left though and then it's back to the "genuine" heat beads.. Also got a few boxes of the redheads lump charcoal while they were on special at woolies..

Attempted to cook up another lamb roast + roast veges on the weber over the weekend.. Couldn't keep temperature up for some reason and ended up having to finish it all in the oven. Tasted good still, but frustrating that I couldn't get the weber to cooperate :(

Had a reasonable pile of heat beads which were all ashed over nicely, added some lump charcoal on top to try and bring temperature up but no joy - without ending up with too much in there to avoid cooking direct I couldnt' get the temperature over about 160-170.. Which would have been fine if I had more time, but I wasn't planning on this being a slow roast lol.

I suspect the problem may have been the coles-brand heat beads I used.. Burning out too quickly or something? No idea really.. don't have many of those beads left though and then it's back to the "genuine" heat beads.. Also got a few boxes of the redheads lump charcoal while they were on special at woolies..

Did you have enough air flow?

Redhead charcoal is great – Expensive but quality.
The only heatbead id would use is Heatbeads brand…. Around 30 for a good roast.

So cooking kicked off on Tuesday night with this

IMAG0376 by sydking1, on Flickr

IMAG0381 by sydking1, on Flickr

Was so hungry when it was done i forgot to take photos.. But gosh it was good, Pork scotch roast. YUM!

IMAG0370 by sydking1, on Flickr

IMAG0374 by sydking1, on Flickr

This was done with duck spice.. very nicee

IMAG0388 by sydking1, on Flickr

Need to stay hydrated
icon_smile.gif
Cheeky homebrew

IMAG0382 by sydking1, on Flickr

IMAG0391 by sydking1, on Flickr

IMAG0394 by sydking1, on Flickr

IMAG0336 by sydking1, on Flickr

IMAG0337 by sydking1, on Flickr

http://www.flickr.com/photos/94391342@N05/8633229808/

did you say another glass full? Thanks..

Will stick to the quality stuff from now on! No more Coles brand heatbeads ;)

Man I bought those shitty cheap Woolworths brand heat beds... They fucking suck!!!

They smell like shit and burn shithouse...

Will never buy again... You wouldn't think they could be that bad eh???