• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Using anabolic steroids harms your health and social image

Thank you Darkoz. Your mention of the word "despair" has raised my eyebrows a touch! That's a huge word with some very deep and powerful meanings behind it, wouldn't you agree brother? Arriving here (in Australia) at the young age of 12, leaving a hugely chaotic world behind, and now nearly 50, the word despair has never made it onto my radar. Not because I'm from Mars, but because I see the opportunities that are available to each and every one of us here in Oz, and wonder: how and why could one ever get so low as to reach that final stage we call desperation? I know, it's a different subject, but I feel it's all inter-connected somehow. It's very fascinating I find, the human mind and the way it operates.

Thank you so much for accommodating my curiosity brother, I sincerely appreciate the mature conversations I have with you.

It's the price of freedom, Fadi.

Now I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that the stuff that's around today is more dangerous than years ago, you've got any Joe Blow cooking shit up in his kitchen and selling it off as whatever he wants it to be.

Probably more of a case of amateurs cutting it with unknow substances

[MENTION=2727]Fadi[/MENTION]; drugs are really, really very good
The feeling of meth is incredible
Heroin makes you feel like you're entire body is in orgasm- literally. The endorphin and dopamine rush is that good. One time I actually had a chick suck me off and I came just as I took opiates and tbh I didn't like it because cumming took away from the strength of the rush. That's how good drugs are

Alcohol is very shitty in comparison, you don't really feel good at all and it makes you a buffoon
These days I still do not drink, I like red wine though but not to get drunk just with dinner

I prefer to smoke weed, like alcohol it is easily manageable and it is very harmless the way I consume it. Once every other week chills me out a lot- people need to escape and feel inebriated often and cannabis does that for me and not alcohol

I think you should pick one and stick with it though. Don't drink and smoke lol, that is retarded. Even a long term opiate addiction is not that bad really, provided you're sensible and can manage it

Now I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that the stuff that's around today is more dangerous than years ago, you've got any Joe Blow cooking shit up in his kitchen and selling it off as whatever he wants it to be.

Yeah it is
It's not normally a dude in his kitchen though, it is labs in china and very high purity

All the good drugs were made by Alexander Shulgin in the 1970s and 80s
He published his results in two books along with the results of him taking them all :D
Then the government banned them all. His drugs were relatively safe. We had amphetamines for example and he would just add a small part to it to make MDMA for example.

Because they are banned, people are like "lets continue his work so we can make money"
Take MDMA for example, that is methylenedioxy-methamphetamine. Cathinone is a compound that is very similar to amphetamine
So people then made methylenedioxy-methcathinone which fucked people up
That got banned and now there is even more retarded versions

I prefer to smoke weed, like alcohol it is easily manageable and it is very harmless the way I consume it. Once every other week chills me out a lot- people need to escape and feel inebriated often and cannabis does that for me and not alcohol

I think you should pick one and stick with it though. Don't drink and smoke lol, that is retarded. Even a long term opiate addiction is not that bad really, provided you're sensible and can manage it

You have to bear in mind too that most people have a poison of choice that suits them the best e.g. some people seem pre-disposed to drinking in excess and just can't control it, some people seem to develop issues from smoking weed. Different strokes...

Ice is a one hit wonder for a lot of people. I'm no drug expert, but I've had several health professionals tell me this, and not as a scare tactic.

Perhaps it tends to be used by those with a predisposition to addiction, who knows. I do know that it has a mind melting effect unlike amphetamines, or even pot or alcohol addiction. Tends to make people extremely violent and erratic. Perhaps overall alcohol and cigarettes are the worst in terms of their ubiquity and societal effects, but from a individual point of view, ice is by far the worst. In addition to the mental health issues, a number of people have committed suicide due to debts owed to bikies.

Amusingly there seems to be a lot of steroid users as well as ice addicts in the local mental ward.

I agree that some people can't handle certain drugs too - there are some people I will flatly refuse to drink with due to them getting agro on the piss, and one who (strangely) gets agro smoking pot.

anyone who things they can do these drugs and controll it on any sort of long term basis, is a fucking retard.

once you go down the rabbit hole you aint coming back without a serious fight.

theres the old saying, try me once i might let you go, try me twice i will own your soul. obviously takes more than trying something once to build a physical addiction..but you get the idea.

@0ni ; opiates are harmless? then why are you refering to yourself as an addict and why do people die from overdose then?

and fyi your previous comment, a heroin overdose is going to kill you alot easier than a litre of vodka.

International Overdose Awareness Day | Facts Stats

if its so harmless why does it kill people than any other drug except alcohol? (mainly due to the massive difference in number of users)

Last edited:
I subscribe to the theory that addiction is more about the person than the substance.
Many people get prescribed serious shit when they're in hospital but then go back to their lives and don't become addicts.
There is some testing with rats - you give them cocaine-water and normal water to choose from and nothing else in the cage and they become addicted and drink themselves to death.
But you give them the same choice AND a jungle gym to occupy themselves with and they will stick to the normal water.

Of course chemical or biological addiction/dependence is real - but I think it's a bit of an oversimplification

There are so many factors that contribute to someone's ability to control addiction (or not) that discussing it here in a simplified manner doesn't do the topic any justice.

I subscribe to the theory that addiction is more about the person than the substance.
Many people get prescribed serious shit when they're in hospital but then go back to their lives and don't become addicts.
There is some testing with rats - you give them cocaine-water and normal water to choose from and nothing else in the cage and they become addicted and drink themselves to death.
But you give them the same choice AND a jungle gym to occupy themselves with and they will stick to the normal water.

Of course chemical or biological addiction/dependence is real - but I think it's a bit of an oversimplification

yes and those people who are more likely to become addicted are the exact people who get on the shit in the first place.

ive never had a problem with addiction to chemicals..smoked for 2 years and stopped cold turkey, didnt even notice.

did blow and binge drank for a year..again stopped cold turkey without noticing.

same with benzos..

wouldnt push my luck with smack or ice though..ice doesnt appeal..smack appeals a bit

I'm addicted to love.

563112-love_junkie_vol._24.jpg
563110-love_junkie_vol._22.jpg

563111-love_junkie_vol._23.jpg
563109-love_junkie_vol._21.jpg

love-junkies-volume-10.jpg
563110-love_junkie_vol._22.jpg

Drinking alcohol in this country is accepted and is viewed as being normal and part and parcel of the culture of this country, this I can understand. But why the need (or want) to delve into other type of drugs? My question is asked in a non-judgmental manner, and a reply would be much appreciated. Thank you in advance.

So are drugs, depending on the circles you hang around in.

I did pills, MDMA and some psychadelics because people told me they were fun, same as why I started drinking. They were all tops, except the trippy shit.

currently pouring my Johnnie Walker down the drain and trying to source some, Meth, Cocaine or Magic Mushies. Hit me up Oni!

So are drugs, depending on the circles you hang around in.

I did pills, MDMA and some psychadelics because people told me they were fun, same as why I started drinking. They were all tops, except the trippy shit.
I'm not so sure that drugs are accepted as part and parcel or the Oz culture sir. Sure, within certain circles, it would be the accepted norm to delve into whatever drug of choice a particular group would see fit. This brings me back to the subject of steroid usage. Sure, if all the people a bodybuilder associated himself with were some big hardcore bodybuilders, he may think that it's quite the norm to do steroids (which would be 100% true within that circle of associates), but not Oz as a whole. That was the thrust of my original point sir. I thank you for your reply though.

Decided why bother with life, in death there is literally nothing, no effort needed at all
Did your mind get to that stage because of the drugs, or were you driven to take drugs because of the state of your mind?

Decided if I couldn't kill myself I'd just do epic shit and whatever the fuck I wanted instead
Why would a young man of 19 wish to end his life? Did you (and do you still) feel life has no purpose for you Oni? Do you have the YOLO attitude to life?

Start lifting weights, fucking killing it every day
Well that's a positive in that it has given you a purpose, a goal to strive for perhaps.

Don't touch drugs again for 3 years
That tells me that in your subconscious mind, you knew all along that drugs were not the answer to whatever problems your young mind was facing.

Still lift weights because it's all I really enjoy and the only reason I haven't just fucking killed myself
Where (were) are your parents and people who love you in all of this growing up period?

And here I am today
Glad to see you're still here with us young man. Life is precious. I'm sure you've got a hell of a lot to give to others.

@Fadi ; drugs are really, really very good
The feeling of meth is incredible
I stay away from any mind altering substances Oni, for whatever intoxicates in large quantity, is forbidden in small quantity. That is what I believe in and practice Oni. However I do not shove my belief down people's throat, neither do I judge the choices people make for themselves. Live and let live is what I live by, and do your best not to hurt or harm others in any way if at all possible. I thank you for your inputs throughout this thread Champion. Look after yourself.

Last edited:
Thanks man
Started when I was 17 smoking weed, then started taking pills
Couldn't get to sleep from taking pills at the weekend, started taking codeine pills to get to sleep
Couldn't take as much codeine as I needed because of the paracetamol, being a science man I knew that paracetamol was not water soluble and codeine was so I'd crush the entire box of pills and put it in cold water, then filter through coffee filters and drink
Wasn't hurting me and I like how it felt, started just doing that
Pharmacies stopped selling me codeine
Started buying vicodin instead, was just the same as codeine anyway. All opiates are harmless
Vicodin started getting expensive and I didn't work full time. Started buying dried poppies online instead
A months worth cost me $50 basically, I'd crush them and make infusion tea
Age 19 by this point, chem background allowed me to figure out how to block enzymes to potentiate a dose for 18h
Got up in the morning, made tea, went to work, arrived home still high, made tea and went to sleep, woke up high and made tea.
2 years passed completely high, never sobered up the entire time
Feeling of being high became normality, started taking benzos to get high
Benzos are anti anxiety drugs so it made me simply not give a fuck any more
Decided why bother with life, in death there is literally nothing, no effort needed at all
Massively overdosed on benzos (phenazepam)
Funny thing is I had a gram (1000mg - dose is 0.5mg). Instead of swallowing the gram I just had "enough"
Woke up in hospital a week later
Decided if I couldn't kill myself I'd just do epic shit and whatever the fuck I wanted instead
Benzos still very much having an effect even 2 weeks later
Check out of hospital still high on benzo overdose, decide to become superhuman
Start lifting weights, fucking killing it every day
Don't touch drugs again for 3 years
Move to other side of the world, just fucking because
2 years in Australia, psychosis from massive drug use begins to wear off
Realise I can smoke or drink occasionally and it doesn't matter
Still lift weights because it's all I really enjoy and the only reason I haven't just fucking killed myself

And here I am today

Respect for this post and honesty