• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Using anabolic steroids harms your health and social image

Was that because you felt the two worlds don't/can't mix, or was it some other reason that influenced you to stop practicing Grunta?

The reason was slackness Fadi, wife made it easier for me to skip church on Sunday mornings and hop into bed without saying prayers than my mum would ever allow me to.
So I just slacked off, I'm still a believer of the faith, just slack on the practice side.

The reason was slackness Fadi, wife made it easier for me to skip church on Sunday mornings and hop into bed without saying prayers than my mum would ever allow me to.
So I just slacked off, I'm still a believer of the faith, just slack on the practice side.
I really do appreciate your honest reply brother. I must admit I've been slack myself. We all go through stages or phases of strengths and weaknesses in our faith Grunta, but the main thing is not to lose faith in faith itself and in ourselves.

This has probably been posted 42,000 times Wingnut!

Thanks for the upload. At this time in my life, I only see the cons of taking steroids with zero pros. People's thought process changes over time as they get older. At my current age, if I was still to place a value on having some huge muscles, coupled with some serious strength something to drive for, then I would obviously see the pros the way a younger person (or a person with my age but with different set of values) would sees it. My priorities have shifted is what I'm saying.

Does that mean I don't pay attention to maintaining a regular resistance and aerobic routine? Absolutely not. It just means what I need to achieve or maintain from my regular exercises does not require the usage of any AAS. Each to his and her own.

Using does not enhance your health.
It enhances your recovery.
it is pretty simple, why the need to discuss?

You calling me a retard, kunce? :D
I have my life in order, from my kids education, their academic progress, performance in their sports, marriage, home family environment, financial security, career and all the other elements that form a textbook life. I will admit I have dropped off on the practice of religion personally, but wife and children practice.
And guess what? I've been going on yeyo binges for a solid decade and a half..............
Certainly has not deteriorated any aspect of my life, if anything it drove me to be more ambitious.

So how do you explain that?
So def not a retard!
Devoted family man? Yes
A little bit on the thickish side? Hhmmm........maybe.
Really, really, incredibly, ridiculously good looking? Definately!
Retard? NO!
No retards here!
Here? Retard?
No!

And don't tell me to stop, I don't want to, have no plans to stop, I've planned and worked way too long and hard to be in this position to stop. This is where I want to be, makes no sense to stop.

biggest retard i know!

you wouldn't be able to do all those things with a smack or ice addiction..coke isnt really that bad imo in terms of addiction..still bad health effects though. i wouldnt really include coke in the same group as smack/ice/alcohol/benzos for wrecking your life.

and from what you have said, you only wrack up on weekends/out with the boys.. start wracking up all day every day and see how you get on lol

and from what you have said, you only wrack up on weekends/out with the boys.. start wracking up all day every day and see how you get on lol

Thats where the control comes into it, you said anyone who thinks that they control their substance is a retard, and you got it wrong, so who the retard now?

I give you a tip.

It's you.

Thats where the control comes into it, you said anyone who thinks that they control their substance is a retard, and you got it wrong, so who the retard now?

I give you a tip.

It's you.
You should know by know that there are only 2 types of people in the world. Retards and [MENTION=16903]Genics[/MENTION];

i was being satcastic, you know i love the grunta.

as i said my comment was more about other substances. and i bet it would be alot harder for you to stop than you think...

Yeah I know, just get a bit revved up when kunce call me a window licking retard.

And yeah, clean yeyo has no hangover effect so just have get over the horrors of the booze I had with it and I'm g2g next day, so it's not as addictive.
I have seen kunce on amphetamine and they just don't know when to stop cos the hangover will be long and hard, so they stay on for ages.

@Grunta ; how is your sense of smell? Srs question.

Very sensitive, no issues with smell.
After a big binge next day I'll blow out some bloody snot but that's about it, suppose if someone went happy on the rack daily, he'd fry a hole in your snout.
But realistically, cos of it's price, you'd have to be fucken rich to damage yourself with yeyo.

Even though I do not condone the use of anabolic steroids for a healthy person, it would not be a subject that I would even bring up with said person. AAS feature way down the list when compared with other drugs taken by certain members of society. Topping the list is alcohol, followed by heroin & crack cocaine into second and third place.

Overall, alcohol scored 72 – against 55 for heroin and 54 for crack. The most dangerous drugs to their individual users were ranked as heroin, crack and then crystal meth. The most harmful to others were alcohol, heroin and crack in that order.

For overall harm, the other drugs examined ranked as follows: crystal meth (33), cocaine (27), tobacco (26), amphetamine/speed (23), cannabis (20), GHB (18), benzodiazepines (15), ketamine (15), methadone (13), butane (10), ecstasy (9), anabolic steroids (9), LSD (7), buprenorphine (6) and magic mushrooms (5).

View attachment 10987
http://news.bbcimg.co.uk/media/images/49735000/gif/_49735645_drugs_comparisons_464gr.gif

Yes, anabolic steroids was way down the list, that is not taking anything away from its potential (and real) harm it causes its users, be it in the short term or the long term as athletes (and recreational users) get older.

I just thought I'd put things in perspective more or less.

http://www.theguardian.com/society/2010/nov/01/alcohol-more-harmful-than-heroin-crack

Head an explanation of this today. The danger of the drugs were determined by how close the recreational dosage is to the lethal dose.

Nothing to do with how addictive or damage to yourself while using. It's not really fair though because it is much harder to drink a few liters of vodka to kill yourself than it is to inject a bit to much heroin and kill yourself. Even though the lethal dose of alcohol is closer.