• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Using anabolic steroids harms your health and social image

I have always said that everyone needs a purpose, something that motivates you to achieve.

Powerlifting, like many other sports, allows for such goals. So good luck with it.

this reaks of trolling bullshit.

1g of valium isnt going to knock you out for a week. also the regular dose isnt .2mg. also if you were a regular user your tolerance builds very fast. i regular addict can take a few 100mg in a day in order to see the desired effetcs.

i once took between 500mg-1g and was out for about 24hrs in hospital, discharged next day and was back to normal within the week. i wasnt a regular user and didnt have a tollerance.

nice try and trolling.

Who mentioned valium?

also if you are such a drugs expert you would know the lethal dose of valium is waaaay higer than 1g. more like 3g. so you went going to die anyway

also if you are such a drugs expert you would know the lethal dose of valium is waaaay higer than 1g. more like 3g. so you went going to die anyway

I didn't take valium I took phenazepam
That's why I wrote "phenazepam" and not "valium"

so what if its 60hrs. half life of valium is up to 100hrs. i was out 24hrs. a week unconscious, lol.

what i said re tolerance and lethal dose is true for all benzos.

you knew you went going to die from it and your massively exaggerating anything that did happen.

so what if its 60hrs. half life of valium is up to 100hrs. i was out 24hrs. a week unconscious, lol.

what i said re tolerance and lethal dose is true for all benzos.

you knew you went going to die from it and your massively exaggerating anything that did happen.

Yeah but the active dose is 20x that of phenazepam

Drinking alcohol in this country is accepted and is viewed as being normal and part and parcel of the culture of this country, this I can understand. But why the need (or want) to delve into other type of drugs? My question is asked in a non-judgmental manner, and a reply would be much appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Unfortunately, the longer and more often you use them the more severe and longer the come down.
In the end the negative far outweighs the reward.

To be honest Fadi, because initially other drugs can make you feel pretty bloody good, for a while.
Thank you Darkoz. You've satisfied one part of my curiosity sir, however I'm also curious as to the "why" they get into it even before they know what it would feel like? Is it peer pressure based, the media, our laws, or something else? Our laid back attitude to life in general or lack of purpose in life? A belief in YOLO instead of YOLT perhaps? Taking the step to try something as heavy as a drug takes some pondering, or perhaps not, I don't know, I haven't been there, hence my curiosity brother .

Edit: as I wrote in the beginning of this thread, I believe alcohol to be more dangerous based on its acceptability, and because of that, it could lead you to a state of mind where you are placed in a vulnerable position to try other heavier type of drugs perhaps.

Last edited:
Thank you Darkoz. You've satisfied one part of my curiosity sir, however I'm also curious as to the "why" they get into it even before they know what it would feel like? Is it peer pressure based, the media, our laws, or something else? Our laid back attitude to life in general or lack of purpose in life? A belief in YOLO instead of YOLT perhaps? Taking the step to try something as heavy as a drug takes some pondering, or perhaps not, I don't know, I haven't been there, hence my curiosity brother .
I guess each person would have their own reasons Fadi
Some may start out of despair while for others it may be purely a social thing, you meet new friends and they offer it to you, probably after a few drinks and you inhibitions are reduced and you think why not.

Now I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that the stuff that's around today is more dangerous than years ago, you've got any Joe Blow cooking shit up in his kitchen and selling it off as whatever he wants it to be.

For some it is like a celebration, like popping the ultimate champagne after achieving certain goals. The sense of full endulgence because one can or is in a position to endulge as a balance, reward of sort.
This concept I am familiar with, and would not apologise for.

Others just look for kick, a ride, a thrill or a rush.

And sadly others think it will bring happiness, an altered state of mind, an escape from their unhappy lives; this group is most likely to become life time addicts or end their lives in a tragedy.

hopemthis makes sense to you.

I guess each person would have their own reasons Fadi
Some may start out of despair while for others it may be purely a social thing, you meet new friends and they offer it to you, probably after a few drinks and you inhibitions are reduced and you think why not.

Now I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that the stuff that's around today is more dangerous than years ago, you've got any Joe Blow cooking shit up in his kitchen and selling it off as whatever he wants it to be.

Thank you Darkoz. Your mention of the word "despair" has raised my eyebrows a touch! That's a huge word with some very deep and powerful meanings behind it, wouldn't you agree brother? Arriving here (in Australia) at the young age of 12, leaving a hugely chaotic world behind, and now nearly 50, the word despair has never made it onto my radar. Not because I'm from Mars, but because I see the opportunities that are available to each and every one of us here in Oz, and wonder: how and why could one ever get so low as to reach that final stage we call desperation? I know, it's a different subject, but I feel it's all inter-connected somehow. It's very fascinating I find, the human mind and the way it operates.

Thank you so much for accommodating my curiosity brother, I sincerely appreciate the mature conversations I have with you.

For some it is like a celebration, like popping the ultimate champagne after achieving certain goals. The sense of full endulgence because one can or is in a position to endulge as a balance, reward of sort.
This concept I am familiar with, and would not apologise for.

Others just look for kick, a ride, a thrill or a rush.

And sadly others think it will bring happiness, an altered state of mind, an escape from their unhappy lives; this group is most likely to become life time addicts or end their lives in a tragedy.

hopemthis makes sense to you.

Everything makes sense (to someone) Grunta, I thank you for sharing your thoughts with me/us sir. I personally have no clue whatsoever regarding your first paragraph, where you speak of it as being similar to an act of celebration. I'd love to understand from you this precise point though, since you say it's an act you're familiar with. I can only think of it in this fashion: a celebration that is now taken to the next level, to a higher level if you like. And for that, alcohol (which is the norm for celebration etc.), just won't cut it! Am I on the right track, or way off Grunta?

Everything makes sense (to someone) Grunta, I thank you for sharing your thoughts with me/us sir. I personally have no clue whatsoever regarding your first paragraph, where you speak of it as being similar to an act of celebration. I'd love to understand from you this precise point though, since you say it's an act you're familiar with. I can only think of it in this fashion: a celebration that is now taken to the next level, to a higher level if you like. And for that, alcohol (which is the norm for celebration etc.), just won't cut it! Am I on the right track, or way off Grunta?

You're sort off on track, its kind of a more exclusive treat, more expensive, harder to get rather than the stronger affect of the substance.
Alcohol is relatively cheap, accesable to anyone, hardly a special occasion treat, where as cocaine for example, cannot be endulged in this freely or easily or regurarly and that is what makes it exotic.