• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

The protein issue

I recalled that wrong, it was more linked to the occurence of cellular disease as opposed to ageing, in turn effecting life expectancy.

With higher IGF levels the body is in constant growth mode, new cells, rapid expansion and more chance for things to go wrong at the cellular level etc.

With lower IGF levels the body "switches" to maintenance and repair.

This was all taken from a documentary, while although the science was there, was adapted for viewing purposes.

makes sense

The way I see it
Calories are calories. I'd rather get them from protein, increasing the number of fats for strength training naturally than get my calories from fattier foods or adding carbohydrates. What do you think will be better for insulin resistance in the long term? There is nothing wrong with getting the bulk of your calories from protein sources. Who gives a fuck about if it's overkill. You only need 30g of dextrose post workout to make yourself incredibly insulin sensitive. If someone added more, I doubt very much someone would call them out for it being "overkill"

Too much protein? Lol. No-one ever says too many carbs or fats. Yet the forum is full of fat perma-bulkers. I wonder why

The remainder that is unused gets turned into glucose and stored as glycogen

I just homo'd all over the internet's...

I had 4 turkey drumsticks just now
They were like fucking velociraptor legs was awesome

So in summary.

Oni says a lot of thing that make sense because he read it in some good books.
But Oni is Oni so people ignore him.
Oni rages and starts a new thread
Some knob believes grains are poison
Oni uses himself as an example of awesomeness due to the fact that he weighs 70kg and has deadlifted 240 (which is not 1/4 tonne by the way)
Old man Silverback reminds us older guys about being old
People mention stuff they're eating
Oni is eating turkey drumsticks but because Oni, they are the biggest drumsticks from caveman days.

Have I got it covered?

So in summary.

Oni says a lot of thing that make sense because he read it in some good books.
But Oni is Oni so people ignore him.
Oni rages and starts a new thread
Some knob believes grains are poison
Oni uses himself as an example of awesomeness due to the fact that he weighs 70kg and has deadlifted 240 (which is not 1/4 tonne by the way)
Old man Silverback reminds us older guys about being old
People mention stuff they're eating
Oni is eating turkey drumsticks but because Oni, they are the biggest drumsticks from caveman days.

Have I got it covered?

That's a raging simplification.

I get mildly amused with all the take at the local gym about protein, when to have it, how much, the best sources, protein vs carbs etc....
the debates go on and on and on and on and on.

Last edited:
I get mildly amused with all the take at the local gym about protein, when to have it, how much, the best sources etc.... the debates go on and on and on and on and on.

it still tickles me to see some young punk do a half arsed workout, then to pull out a jug of protien powder from his bag in the change room.

it still tickles me to see some young punk do a half arsed workout, then to pull out a jug of protien powder from his bag in the change room.

even better when I see they are drinking their muscle milk from the vending machine during there workout of 10 sets of what can only be described as half assed curls

Last edited:
even better when I see is they are drinking there muscle milk from the vending machine during there workout of 10 sets of what can only be described as half assed curls
Yeah, seen that!
Sits on the floor next to their phone and membership card, swear I'm going to stand on it one of these days.

I looked this up before
20g protein, 10g carbs
All you need to make yourself very insulin sensitive for 6 hours
Drink half 10 minutes before you train and then fill it with water and drink the rest as you train
Then you can go home and eat and enjoy being very insulin sensitive
If you drive a long way home then repeat it post workout
If you're keto adapted, this is not needed though- simply training will raise the insulin resistance and some BCAAs post training will do fine. Not a lot is needed again, just maybe 2g of leucine + whatever is in the rest. A few eggs would also work well

Oni raised some really good points, I agree.

I need to learn about glucose response and stuff.... I know nothing about it. Daunting as to where to start, wikipedia dives into it in a very complex fashion (as usual).