• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

PTC version 2.0

I have no doubt about Markos's ability, from what I have seen he is an outstanding teacher, father and person and one of the if only reasons AUSBB is what it is, in reality a forum requires a driving force like this bloke to be a success.
I've essn the rise and fall of many forums, some blame FBook and such, I don't agree.

But many lifters in their more senior years, blow a IVD or tear and re-tear muscle and tendon and wonder why.
It only takes one event to start a series of injury further on down the track.

that is one of the ugliest lifts i've ever seen and you should be ashamed to call yourself a coach.

I dare you to say that to his face pal???

He'll rip u a brand new ars* ho*e!!!

I train under his coaching and I will safely tell you he is the best trainer & strength coach I have ever had!!!

I never would have squatted 200kg without his assistance!!!

I'd watch what you say cos their is quite a few others apart from me that lift under his coaching on this forum as well!!!

The criticism is correct and warranted, I thought long and hard about posting that up.

I really dont want lifts like that connected to PTC.

But I have a problem.

I have coaches, here and the US giving Rory a hard time about his lifts. They need them to be much higher. I have spoken to the US one, explained that Rory is well behind the kids in the US, not sure he really cares, he keeps telling me qwhat guys in Rory's position is lifting.

I've explained to Rory that his technique on most lifts is poor. He tells me he has a coach who has given him a form to fill out online EVERYTIME he trains, with his new 1RM he hit for that session.

No provision for maybe a 5RM, just 1RM, thats it, nothing else. This guy expects him to hit PB's EVERY session.

Now I have held Rory back as best I can, but the clip clearly shows his drive. Last night I stopped him squatting again, I do this every session, because of his form.

Max has got him cleaning better, its not perfect, but its not dangerous. His bench form is sound.

So I have a kid getting pressured by numbers from the US, who drives 40 minutes to train with me, that should have started 4 years ago, thats moving to the US for a 6 week camp in a few weeks.

If he goes there with his 100kg squat and 60kg clean with a 200kg perfect form DL, they wont look at him seriously.

As far as bad coach, maybe harsh, seeing you dont compliment me on my other lifters, maybe you should not criticize on the bad ones.

I agree with all of you, if I had seen that clip and not known the background of what is going on, my remarks would have been the same.

Rory is a different case, out time frame is zero, they want him stronger yesterday, what do I do, tell Rory he cant go to the US because he doesnt lift what they want him to lift.

Rory actually asked me to film it so he could send it to the clowns wanting numbers. If I was a coach after Rory, I would want videos of him playing, not lifting.

I guess I should take them down as I really cant be bothered explaining my predicament to everyone.

Numbers he is 2 years away from getting in perfect form.

They start lifting weights in high school, Rory started AFTER he left high school.

The fact he is 6"8" doesnt help, but its not impossible to get better, he just needs lots of time.

If you guys understand the college system, he doesnt have time.

There are guys in his position benching 100kg x 30 reps. Rory missed 80kg x 1 on his first session. These are the numbers this strength coach from the US keeps throwing at me.

I cant tell him to f u c k off, there are other kids lining up in the US for Rory's spot.

So we do what we can, cut corners to make up lost time, cross our fingers he makes it.

When he started, he was 18 like Max, double his bodyweight and couldnt get close to Max's lifts. In fact, Rory said if he could lift what Max could, he'd already be in the US. Max weighed 72kg.

Thats how far behind we are.

The criticism is correct and warranted, I thought long and hard about posting that up.

I really dont want lifts like that connected to PTC.

But I have a problem.

I have coaches, here and the US giving Rory a hard time about his lifts. They need them to be much higher. I have spoken to the US one, explained that Rory is well behind the kids in the US, not sure he really cares, he keeps telling me qwhat guys in Rory's position is lifting.

I've explained to Rory that his technique on most lifts is poor. He tells me he has a coach who has given him a form to fill out online EVERYTIME he trains, with his new 1RM he hit for that session.

No provision for maybe a 5RM, just 1RM, thats it, nothing else. This guy expects him to hit PB's EVERY session.

Now I have held Rory back as best I can, but the clip clearly shows his drive. Last night I stopped him squatting again, I do this every session, because of his form.

Max has got him cleaning better, its not perfect, but its not dangerous. His bench form is sound.

So I have a kid getting pressured by numbers from the US, who drives 40 minutes to train with me, that should have started 4 years ago, thats moving to the US for a 6 week camp in a few weeks.

If he goes there with his 100kg squat and 60kg clean with a 200kg perfect form DL, they wont look at him seriously.

As far as bad coach, maybe harsh, seeing you dont compliment me on my other lifters, maybe you should not criticize on the bad ones.

I agree with all of you, if I had seen that clip and not known the background of what is going on, my remarks would have been the same.

Rory is a different case, out time frame is zero, they want him stronger yesterday, what do I do, tell Rory he cant go to the US because he doesnt lift what they want him to lift.

Rory actually asked me to film it so he could send it to the clowns wanting numbers. If I was a coach after Rory, I would want videos of him playing, not lifting.

I guess I should take them down as I really cant be bothered explaining my predicament to everyone.

He cant do shit if he's got ruptured discs and broken vertabrae.

This is clearly what Rory wants, an no one is going to tell him otherwise.

You don't get anywhere in life by not taking risks.

We've all taken risks while lifting, so please don't tell me otherwise.

F u c k, if your doing 1RMs in perfect form, then it's not a true 1RM. IMO.

i have to agree with silverback and NPR.

it is just dangerous to do that, plain and simple.

i understand where you are coming from in that post markos, but i agree with nick, he won't be able to play if he f_cks his body up anyway.

put it this way, how would you feel if he had a major injury lifting like that while at PTC and he couldn't play for the rest of his life?

I dare you to say that to his face pal???

He'll rip u a brand new ars* ho*e!!!

I train under his coaching and I will safely tell you he is the best trainer & strength coach I have ever had!!!

I never would have squatted 200kg without his assistance!!!

I'd watch what you say cos their is quite a few others apart from me that lift under his coaching on this forum as well!!!
And threats like this are stupid. It makes you better that you threatened some one over the net?
Gongi is entitled to an opinion be it right or wrong, whether you agree or not.

Rory's determination is a virtue to be admired.

What's the address of the new PTC Markos? Saturday training still at the same times?

Very interesting comments

Nick you and I know guys who snort drugs and take party drugs all the time, massive risk for no payday

Rory is taking a massive risk whenever he steps onto the field

He plays a collision sport, very dangerous, big payday

It's clearly obvious Rory has different mindset to most on here

Yes his form was poor, but danger is a part of Rorys life every day, non collision sport people don't get it

Rory never takes drugs doesn't drink trains every day so he can make it in sport

What the f u c k are you guys taking risks for?

Rory risks enough on the field, why add more in the gym? The role of a strength & conditioning coach is first to minimize injury.

the Trap bar seems to give way to much flexibility in how the lift is done.

it think your just going to have to accept that his lifts are way behind, do all you can to make sure he is a more competent lifter and plays better on the field.

Very interesting comments

Nick you and I know guys who snort drugs and take party drugs all the time, massive risk for no payday

Rory is taking a massive risk whenever he steps onto the field

He plays a collision sport, very dangerous, big payday

It's clearly obvious Rory has different mindset to most on here

Yes his form was poor, but danger is a part of Rorys life every day, non collision sport people don't get it

Rory never takes drugs doesn't drink trains every day so he can make it in sport

What the f u c k are you guys taking risks for?

If anyone here rides a motorbike they'd understand.