• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

PTC version 2.0

The hang snatch is 35kg, his best is 40kg and the one from the floor is 40kg, I think his best is 50kg.

Alen is also pretty good at these.

Max has snatched 66% of bw one handed (50kg@75kg)

Shits and giggles, he was just farting around.

Max can actually hang snatch bodyweight and clean 1.6 x bw

i remember you told us that max took some weightlifting lessons from armando (?sp), how did that go? seems like he has potential to do alright? why did he stop?

He hurt his back sitting in a snatch position for 5 seconds, missed AD10, got REALLY pissed off at that, and switched to PL in March this year.

Unfortunately, OL will smash your body, especially your shoulders.

PL get stronger into their 40's, Laurie Butler pulled 300kg @ 82kg and 63yo. OL have no hope of maintaining that performance level.

They start young and finish young. Max loves the OL and still does them in training, but he's not keen on the 2-3 hour sessions with no "Gun Work".

If your not prepared to do 10 hours a week on the OL, your wasting your time.

Check out journals here on ausbb to confirm. to be competitive in PL, 3 hours a week is enough, triple that to improve on the OL.

Their still the best athletes in the world.

To back up my outrageous statement.

Sprinters, footballers, high jumpers, throwers all do cleans, jerks, snatches etc to improve athletic ability.

I've never heard of an Olympic lifter throw the javelin, do a triple jump or join the NFL to improve his lifting ability

Markos, I didn't say you shelter your lifters ... did I. I was simply commenting that a lifter, who doesn't train in your gym is able to set a record, when in the past you have prided yourself that those lifters on those boards got strong by training in your gym.

Don't make shit up for the sake of strengthening your argument. It gets a little old.

You know I respect the way you do things, I was simply asking the question.

I too have had strong lifters come to my place, two deadlifted 250kg with ease in my garage, made me feel weak, but motivated me. I believe in lifting with the strong.

Now, regarding proraw. Ill join when I know for certain I'm making the AD11 trip. You've made it pretty clear there won't be any WA comps in the new-medium future so I believe that fair, and I think you'll find a lot of people will wait till they are actually committing to the comp. The plan right now, is to attend, but I know I've got some pressing work commitments around that time and also Henry is running a comp around the same time.

Do I want to come to proraw .. f u c k yes, I want to meet everyone, you, max, everyone on here, then lift with the best.

Not true Paullie, my comps have been won and records set by interstate lifters from day one.

Check out the 200kg deadlift honour board, lots of interstaters.

I had interstate lifters at my first comp, before PTC existed, and I've had interstate guys visit every year.

How can I not include Shorty, Ghosty, Eddie, Chris, the brothers James and Chris who vomit in my pond, Daniel who vomits everywhere, big Matt, all these guys are from interstate, have visited multiple times, they are as much a part of PTC as anyone.

Matt and Michael wanted to compete under the PTC banner at Nats, if they feel they belong, they belong, Scott was the same after just one visit.

The lifts at the bench comp are on my boards, I welcome everyone, not just those that train at PTC because they can.

I hope that explains it better than my earlier post.

Some clients tain once a fortnight, some 6 days a week, some only once a year, yet they live local. Since I dont have membership its very hatrd to police, so I include everyone.

If a PTC regular, like Nick, pulls 275kg at CAPO, but the lift is disallowed, and he stands up with it, its still included as a PTC record. I dont ban hitching on my gym lifts. This is the PTC deadlift record even though it was red lighted and not performed at PTC, he's a PTC regular.

I dont pass that priveledge on to interstate or non PTC regulars, hence why Gawain doesnt have EVERY PTC record. Only the one he did at PTC.

Markos, that's just plain stupid.

I do not care whether you tell others to not comment on this boys form.
That was not a dead lift that was just a young kid trying to pull a weight too heavy for himself.

It bodes the question; if this isn't enough to be put a halt to, then what is? If this is what ends up on youtube then what goes on there that isn't fit to put on youtube and be broadcast to the planet.

I think the clip pretty much speaks for itself. Rory it seems has not been coached to perform the deadlift. He has been asked to pick heavy things up off the ground. There's a difference.