• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

PTC version 2.0

That is a disgusting post

There is almost as much wrong with it as there was with his form

I ride a bike every day. That doesn't mean I throw caution to the wind, it means I minimise the risks. As you should be doing in the case of an athlete - maximise the gain while minimising the risk.

Edit: Seems I'm a bit slow

Harry your right

When you find that perfect world invite me over

For now I'll do the best in this one

This has got silly

The boy pulled a massive weight no one got hurt

He has been training for over 6 months without a single issue

What's the problem......

Cars are just as dangerous as bikes but we all take risks

I'm surprised how scaredy some of you guys get

Let's move on

Any plans for some angry heavy metal music or you dont believe in that? I remember you making a music testing thread in here last year, i dont remember what conclusion you came to

For me, nothing like smashing out deadlifts while grunting like a psycho with Disturbed blaring out

or maybe thats the reason why i like loud tunes, so i feel like i can scream and grunt all i want heh

Last edited:
When you work with people, you have to make compromises. Anna may make compromises Bob never would, but Bob probably thinks Anna's compromises are going too far. There's always some issue of the systems at your workplace, or your co-workers, or your boss, or your customers, or whatever - and either you compromise, or you just walk away.

When you're criticising someone's compromise, just think of what the alternative is. What would Rory's future be if Markos insisted on perfect form on every rep? What would Rory's form look like if Markos refused to train him?

Sometimes you have to compromise, make the best of a bad lot.

It's hard to understand if you've never been an instructor for something - physical, technical, academic or whatever. Everyone reckons they'd be the uncompromising hardarse. I've yet to see one in any workplace I've ever been in.

The club is mowing a section of grass next to the club rooms for me to use as Strongman training, which I think is very beneficial for footballers.

I'll chase around for tyres tomorrow, then look for some kind of prowler/sled.

The boys will be doing stuff outside again tomorrow, possibly some kind of medley

el marko, take this to a local welder

aw9pjl.jpg

We got the new rack and super flat bench from Adrian yesterday, Sean assembled them.

This bench is perfect, its 30cm wide with extra bracing under the shoulders, perfect height. Rory and the big boys will bench exclusively on this bench.

The new rack has some very nice advantages from the old one, as it should because it costs more.

Firstly it weighs 260kg.

We can overhead press in it

the saddles are wider, less chance of wearing out knurling

The spotter bars have a hard plastic covering, further protecting the bar

It has bar storage, spotter step.

No need to pull whole spotter bar all the way out, better system.

Sean assembled it on his own in a couple of hours, perfect fit for every part, bolted up plumb. The trick is to not do up a single bolt till theyre all in, I found that out with my first one.

I have both racks at PTC, plus the best incline bench I have used and now the perfect flat bench. Anyone curious about buying one of these from Vic, please come take a look.

Next on my wish list is a BP comprising of this bench and uprights like that of a squat stand, top loading and nothing on the face of the uprights. I have this bench as my second bench press with my old squat stands, but I'd like them connected.

I've yet to find a BP I am willing to spend dollars on. I might get someone to connect my squat stands with my new bench

Here are some pics

Its a sweet rack isn't it :) Pitty mine was not perfect out of the box. O well, still love mine.

Being able to over heard press in the rack is priceless. And being able to move the safety bars so easily is also priceless. It allows me to bench as much as I want without fear (although I am piss weak at this stage :( )

Thanks for the pic's mate.

Lots of play in the slots allows easy adjustments.

we loosely connected everything, stood it up, slowly tightened, perfect.

The key is to not do up a single bolt till its upright and plumb, have done the same with both racks now.

It does have a disadvantage over the first one for some, the height, as you can see, its much taller, so if you have limited head space, it will be an issue.

for those wanting to attach bands for deloads, sorry, cant do, although bands for resistance is easy.

I dont see this as major issue though for the average guy training at home. If you dont have training partners around, loading up a massive weight with bands may not be the smartest thing to do

I put mine together and took it apart at least 10 times (that is no exaggeration). Unfortunately my uprights were faulty. As soon as you tightened them they assumed their natural position. Sucks to be me I know. Anyways, I accepted the hulks suggestion to use washers to prop up my uprights which solved the issue. meh, it works.

Lots of play in the slots allows easy adjustments.

we loosely connected everything, stood it up, slowly tightened, perfect.

The key is to not do up a single bolt till its upright and plumb, have done the same with both racks now.

It does have a disadvantage over the first one for some, the height, as you can see, its much taller, so if you have limited head space, it will be an issue.

for those wanting to attach bands for deloads, sorry, cant do, although bands for resistance is easy.

I dont see this as major issue though for the average guy training at home. If you dont have training partners around, loading up a massive weight with bands may not be the smartest thing to do

I would of thought you would get a new rack.. wouldn't of accepted a faulty product. I wish i had the cash for the MM commercial rack... I'll just have to stick with my normal MM one.

I put mine together and took it apart at least 10 times (that is no exaggeration). Unfortunately my uprights were faulty. As soon as you tightened them they assumed their natural position. Sucks to be me I know. Anyways, I accepted the hulks suggestion to use washers to prop up my uprights which solved the issue. meh, it works.

Don't accept that at all, your paying big money for the rack. If the product can't do the job it was ment to do straight out of the box that is not your problem. Send it back for a full replacement.

Fellas, dont be so quick to judge.

What if one of you got a new turbo for your car, could you fit it first time with instructions?

As you guys know, some people are better with tools than others. Magpie has his rack up and running.

Without being present during assembly or knowing his ability with tools or experience, its flawed logic to simply assume it was the rack.

How many people on here have got a rack and assembled it with no dramas?

Lets not flame a guys product without witnessing what went on.

I'm glad Magpie has got a great rack and is using it without dramas. He seems very happy now, settle down.

Geez were quick to judge