• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

PTC version 2.0

Fellas, dont be so quick to judge.

What if one of you got a new turbo for your car, could you fit it first time with instructions?

As you guys know, some people are better with tools than others. Magpie has his rack up and running.

Without being present during assembly or knowing his ability with tools or experience, its flawed logic to simply assume it was the rack.

How many people on here have got a rack and assembled it with no dramas?

Lets not flame a guys product without witnessing what went on.

I'm glad Magpie has got a great rack and is using it without dramas. He seems very happy now, settle down.

Geez were quick to judge

Not saying it was bad, i know the stuff from gmydirect is usually always good. just that it was faulty and didn't stand upright should warrant a return..

When I shifted PTC last week, we chucked our commercial rack on a trailer and took it to the ground.

When we got there, it wouldnt fit through the doors. We left it and went back to get another load.

When we got back to the ground, the players had already pulled it down and were assembling it. When it was finished, they called me over and told me it was stuffed, it was rocking like an ACDC concert.

These guys are mainly tradies. I had them loosen the whole lot off, straighten it, then do the bolts up again evenly, like you do a wheel on a car or a cylinder head.

We knew the rack was plumb because we were using at PTC for so long. Anyone is welcome to come check out how straight and plumb they are at PTC.

Maybe Sean could offer assembly for guys in Vic that arent good with tools?

he put it together 10 times with trying with the bolts loosened and everything, it could just be that the rack is faulty..great rack nevertheless

Don't know if it was mentioned, but there was a few hundred dollars of extra product provided and delivered to accept the rack as it were.

Still can't be 100% sure it was a fault/defect, and if so, the whole rack was not faulty, it would have been the end plate on just 1 post or 1 crossbeam, which could have been replaced if absolutely required to function.

The rack is perfectly functional now and as mentioned, agreed compensation for time and minor adjustment to rack was provided.

Maybe Sean could offer assembly for guys in Vic that arent good with tools?

he put it together 10 times with trying with the bolts loosened and everything, it could just be that the rack is faulty..great rack nevertheless

I'm fine with tools, it actually was a faulty upright (the base plate is not flush which causes it to lean forward). The washes push the upright back into a flush position.

That said, it is a great rack.

Don't know if it was mentioned, but there was a few hundred dollars of extra product provided and delivered to accept the rack as it were.

Still can't be 100% sure it was a fault/defect, and if so, the whole rack was not faulty, it would have been the end plate on just 1 post or 1 crossbeam, which could have been replaced if absolutely required to function.

The rack is perfectly functional now and as mentioned, agreed compensation for time and minor adjustment to rack was provided.

I was not sure if you wanted me to mention the extra mat's you threw in with my second shipment of goods as compensation. But now you have mentioned it I would like to thank you on the forum for that. I was happy with the way the hulk handled the situation. Some companies would just blame the end user as their default position. Whereas the hulk helped with debugging what was actually wrong. I followed his suggestions to the letter.

Its a fantastic rack, and perhaps I was just unlucky with the issues I had. PTC certainly hasn't had any issues with his.

I would still recommend this rack even given the issues I had.

I take back my post I didn't realise a deal had been sorted. Seems to have been handled perfectly. I have the commercial rack from gym direct and it's awesome. No problems at all.

Nick squatted a PB 225kg today in the new rack, Sean filmed it on his new hi def camera, it will be up later.

I had to watch that a few times. I kept getting distracted by spiz's legs :D

Nice job nick, Hows the back holding up mate?

I think it wad actually 225.5?

Felt good today. Did 180x8 as a backoff set after this.

Back feels great, I'll prob compete in the national deadlift comp now.

12 weeks out from ProRawOne, the guys started their programs for it.

Alen, Dave, Dim and James are all competing and have picked their goal weights.

Everything went to plan, James aside, they will be lifting 4 days a week.

Mon & Friday bench press, Wednesday squat and Saturday deadlifts.

12 weeks out from ProRawOne, the guys started their programs for it.

Alen, Dave, Dim and James are all competing and have picked their goal weights.

Everything went to plan, James aside, they will be lifting 4 days a week.

Mon & Friday bench press, Wednesday squat and Saturday deadlifts.

Exciting times ahead!

Nick,

Nice lift mate. Couldn't really see what your depth was like but it looked a fraction shallow. Looked like about the same depth I went to on my 140kg squat recent PB, but again hard to tell with that footage. I'm going to add box squats to make sure I sit right back and down. I've been lowering slowly all the way to horizontal then doing the quick drop into the hole and bounce out to try and make sure I break horizontal. Depth is still and issue. I'll try and get a vid up.

Awesome looking rack Markos!

Cheers,
Mike