• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Ptc ppp

Then just deadlift, no need for any assistance work yet

I spoke earler of Harvey deadlifting 170kg at 68kg simply by deadlifting once or twice a week, he does no assistance work at all as its simply not needed for novice lifters

Markos,

Well done to Jack, awesome! Makes me feel weak all over again!! LOL

Ah well, keep lifting...

Cheers,
Mike

Then just deadlift, no need for any assistance work yet

I spoke earler of Harvey deadlifting 170kg at 68kg simply by deadlifting once or twice a week, he does no assistance work at all as its simply not needed for novice lifters

x2. Don't overthink assistance. If you can't think of a good reason to do an exercise dont waste your time with it.

Here is a video of skinny Harvey deadlifting 170kg @ 68kg a week or so ago

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMve5NVjdhA]YouTube - PTC - Harvey deadlifts 170kg[/ame]

You have olde time solid barbells. Those things are cool.

Not sure if it's just my eye's but it seemed a little hitchey. Damn solid lift though, 2.5x BW is nothing to sneeze at.

What the fuck is a hitch?

Its not a powerlifting comp, nor is he a powerlifter.

He just lifts weights to get strong. He puts in A LOT of effort.

Most people miss the forest for the trees

Foot moving, racking too early, hitching, rules in a PL comp for PL

Haha, fair chop. I automatically go to Powerlifting. It's what I do, so that's how I see things, competition style. As I said 2.5x BW is nothing to sneeze at, he's a strong kid.

My understanding of hitching is to use the legs as a means to gain extra leverage to complete the pull, as opposed to one smooth lift.

Feet moving, racking too early, missing a command by a fraction of a second etc. are all minor and I believe stupid points, but thems the rules.

hey markos, Ide like to get in on this ppp program and be able to get your newsletters.. what do I have to do?

hey markos, Ide like to get in on this ppp program and be able to get your newsletters.. what do I have to do?

Just print out and sign the contract I pmed you

ignore the parts where it says 'soul', 'eternal damnation' and 'first-born child'

(pm PTC)

last few weeks i've been doing;

Tuesday
Squat PPP
Romanian deadlifts
Calves 3 x 8

Thursday
Bench PPP
Dips 3 x 8
MP 3 x 8

Saturday
Deadlift PPP
Rows 3 x 8
Chins x 3

on bench press, by the time i do dips i have hardly any in the tank for overhead press.

If I do it like this will it make a huge difference?

Tuesday
Squat PPP
Romanian deadlifts
MP 3 x 8
(optional calf raises)

Thursday
Bench PPP
Dip 3 x 8
??
(optional skull crushers)

Saturday
Deadlift PPP
BB row 3 x 8
chins 3 x 8
(optional bicep curl)

Not sure, try it and tell us.

With your current lifts and experience, I would squat/press/pull 3 times a week, no assistance work needed

In other words, do PPP, 3 lifts, every session.

Gareth has been doing that, his lifts are currently

Squat 185kg
Bench 125kg
Deadlift 225kg

He is 80kg, he does next to no assistance work, a couple of sets of MP at the end

I'm in week 5 of my first cycle of PPP and just wondering when everyone thinks the best time is to chuck in some 20 rep squats? If any? Pretty keen on getting them in my program.

Cheers.