• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Ptc ppp

You comin to ProRawOne???????????????????????????????????
I plan to mate :)
Cant wait to meet you Oliver
nah man i meant these

google-perfect-breasts-21.jpg

eh, i'd prefer a bag of potato chips.

my verdict is..

you 2 are completely gay

Ahhh... Just to ungay it up in here... I have a quick question or 3.
Ppp goes for 11 weeks right? So the guy/s doing all (squat, bench, dead)... How does it work? Does it finish in 1/3rd the time since they do it 3 times a week or do they lift the same weight and sets and reps at all 3 sessions?

If I'm 33 and not a noob but still kinda weak is this something I should try or do it one lift per day as designed?

You shouldnt do more than 1 cycle for each lift more than once per week, its not designed that way.

The guys doing PPP for the three lifts still do one cycle per lift per week.

It still all finished in 11 weeks.

Make sense?

I know Markos has some guys doing two cycles for bench, but I dont think thats what its intended for.

The majority do each lift once per week

Gareth does all 3 three times a week

Last night he squatted 165kg x 5 x 5 @ 82kg

He was resting from PPP on the squat and dead but still did all 3 lifts

No doubt, but, there are some things I like to do, like military press, for shoulders, good for shoulder health, etc. I suppose they can be done after. I also like to do trap bar deadlifts.

Balance is one thing but balance over a micro cycle (weeks/months) isn't as important as balance over a macro cycle (years).

Something I bitch about constantly on here is how much shit people do doing programs. Like 3-4 different types of bench press, 4-5 types of deadlift assistance. Even if one of them worked (which they never do when you do them all at once) you wouldn't have a clue because the variables are never isolated.

The only assistance exercises I'd say are a must over the macro cycle are the same as you do in a beginners program - overheads, chins and bent rows. They cover all basis. A hamstring exercise never hurt anyone, nor did an ab or tricep exercise, but if I was pushed I'd be more than happy to drop them.

I totally agree with you. Deads, bench, squats, rows, chins and overheads are 95% of what I do. Ive only started to do some sldl for some variety, and im doing trap bar deads because im working around an injury.

But I 100% agree.

I might actually look at incorporating more PPP.

Awesome. If you'll let me I'll read your journal, get my head around your injury and fiddle with your assistance work. Be ready for a 15 minute workout :D

mate be my guest. basically, i havnt put a bar on my back in weeks now. the only way to get good leg workouts it to use a trap bar.

All three, three times per week, fuck me.

Minor correction, twice a week :)
I obviously can't do that for too long as doing a 12 week program is 6 weeks is way too fast for development (especially when your doing more than 5kg jumps).

I think I successfully did PPP twice per week for about 3 weeks...

ok sounds a lot tougher than I thought it would be..

I'll stick to 1 movement per day and PPP for all 3.

4 cycles will be done in 2011 (if no injuries..)
I assume that I will only be able to go up by 5kg for 1rm per cycle.. but on that 11th week after getting the noted max, I will try to go heavier for one more etc till I fail and work out my new 1rm for the next cycle from that.

I am 100% certain that bench will only go up by 5kg.. it sucks big time.

Will get back on the fish oil tablets to help the knees and elbows.

Will drink more concrete to try and man handle deads properly.

TTT, in my opinion having done 2.5 cycles of PPP back to back

squat and deadlift
1st cycle +20kg
2nd cycle +15kg
3rd cycle +10kg
4th cycle +5kg or different routine

bench do whatever you can

3rd cycle of ppp is smashing me, Markos did say from memory on here somewhere it might be better to change routines after 2 cycles

Last edited: