• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Ptc ppp

I'm in week 5 of my first cycle of PPP and just wondering when everyone thinks the best time is to chuck in some 20 rep squats? If any? Pretty keen on getting them in my program.

Cheers.

lol.. have you done them before?
I did one cycle of PPP. it finished about 4 weeks ago.
and since there wasn't 11 weeks till the new year, I decided I would do PPP for bench and deads but give my knees a rest from heavy loads and so I chose 20 rep squats.
my knees are fine.. but man... it's NOT something you "add" to a squat routine..
you warm up, do 20 reps, then lie the f**k down!!!

I can barely get myself to strip the bar after like 10 minutes rest.
it's brutal, and sickening.

there is no way I would do it before or after anything else you have planned.

I stacked hepburn press course 5/10x3 Military, PPP and 20 rep squats for about 4 weeks

You gotta do a double training session on the same day, this was my routine
Meal 1
20rep squat workout
Meal 2
Sleep
Meal 3
PPP Bench workout + assistance +hepburn
Meal 4
relax
Meal 5
Sleep

and on deadlift day

Meal 1
PPP Deadlift workout only
Meal 2
Sleep
Meal 3
Hepburn workout + deadlift assistance
Meal 4
relax
Meal 5
Sleep

if you have any resemblance of a life or you work full time then dont do it. Also you will eventually burn out

edit: also have a job like me that involves sitting on your arse driving and not having to expend precious calories standing up and moving around

good luck

Last edited:
lol...
eat, lift, eat, sleep, eat, relax, eat, sleep.

I know 2 other girls who have a similar lifestyle to this (replace lift with wrestle), and they are labradors in my back yard.

Question for Markos: if I fail a set and reattempt successfully, does this count as a successful PPP week? (have a look at my latest log entry)

Firstly, great effort Oliver, thats a mighty pull.

Now you just start again on 245kg week 1 on the dead, no rule says all 3 need to be on the same week.

One of my clients benched 110kg tonight on PPP, he is supposed to bench a 107.5kg on his NEXT session lol, he felt good so went for it tonight

Thanks Markos.

Also the 230 came up pretty easy and I have a wild hair up my ass. You reckon it would be sensible to try the 250 cycle? I can't really feel the weight until its over 170.

Absolutely. Only you know how that 230 felt, going for 250 seems feasible

It would be nice to have you pull it at ProRaw though rather than your shed

I think Max has hopes of pulling 250kg at ProRaw, although I think its ambitious at his bw

ps Change your sig

I read that as "I plan to mate" as in "I plan to have sex". That might not be appreciated at ProRaw Oli. Unless it's completely raw. We'll need to approve depth, a seperate tree will be setup.

I'm really keen to go. The scene down there seems really cool. Something else I wouldn't mind is spending a few days down there at a hostel or something and rocking up for a few training sessions so you can fix any form errors I've got. Plus I want 'Ollie' on that record board somewhere.