• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Ptc ppp

It can also be used independantly.

Ceffo is doing 10 x 10 for squats, 5 x 5 for deadlifts and PPP for bench.

I feel that at this particular time in his training, thats what he'll get the most benefit from. He came to PTC and I watched him lift, and that was my conclusion.

Great work Tr8cid

Oli, Good Mornings are awesome, if you can do them properly, not everyone can though

Great work Tr8cid

Oli, Good Mornings are awesome, if you can do them properly, not everyone can though

Agreed.

Most people totally murder the movement and it ends up looking like a messy 1/4 squat.

Not as much as a shit load of food will.

obviously, but the way his post was written almost makes it sound like this program is aimed to increase strength while maintaining body weight. my aim is to GAIN muscle, so if this program is aimed at maintaining your body weight, then it is not for me

Sticky had it right.

The program will give you strength and size. The amount although, depends on how you are eating. YOU determine your results by your diet and how hard you train.

Before Markos starts jumping up and down about this (I believe he has said it about 1 million times just on the forums) you get big from providing a stimulus to your muscles and then eating a lot of food. So PPP provides a great stimulus and you can add as much assistance work as you want to it, if you feel the need, but then you still have to eat all the food in your fridge.

So you can do the set PPP for a 120kg max bench and add in dumbbell flyes as assistance if you feel your pecs need more stimulus, along with other quality exercises.

Sticky had it right.

The program will give you strength and size. The amount although, depends on how you are eating. YOU determine your results by your diet and how hard you train.

Before Markos starts jumping up and down about this (I believe he has said it about 1 million times just on the forums) you get big from providing a stimulus to your muscles and then eating a lot of food. So PPP provides a great stimulus and you can add as much assistance work as you want to it, if you feel the need, but then you still have to eat all the food in your fridge.

So you can do the set PPP for a 120kg max bench and add in dumbbell flyes as assistance if you feel your pecs need more stimulus, along with other quality exercises.

thanks for clarifying guys :)

Markos,

Love your programme, its just what I was looking for. Just have to mention, in case others have the same issue, but I really hate the last two sets in week 9. They're both 5 reps at a decent weight and I've copped injuries doing those drop back sets on bench and now deads.

It was doing the 80x5 on my 100kg bench PPP week 9 that I strained my anterior delt and the bicep where it ties into the shoulder. Then recently doing week 9 on my 160kg dead programme I strained my right bicep right in the middle of the muscle body doing those drop backs at 127.5x5 from memory.

Has anyone else bitched about week 9 and the last two sets in particular? Only pointing it out in case your constantly tweaking and welcome feedback from the field. I was thinking that they might work at three reps instead of five. Both times it was actually the fourth rep that did it on the very last set.

Cheers mate,
Mike

The Bench sounds like a set-up issue. Fun thing with most powerlifting is your max lifts should look pretty much the same as your warm ups, albeit slower. Obviously you're not going to keep perfect back alignment on a max effort Dead, but with the Squat and Bench, your technique/form really shouldn't change a whole lot.

Just going by the anterior delt, it sounds as if your scapula wasn't retracted and kept tight, with your chest out during the lift(s).

Deadlift could be you trying to pull the bar up too much/tight biceps. Pain right in the middle of the muscle is generally not the best. But this is all speculation.

And I'll let you know how week 9 goes in 3 weeks.