• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Ptc ppp

One more thing: some of us have other things going outside of lifting. Sometimes those things clash with lifting. We then learn how to manage it. It's not always pretty at first. It takes time to readjust a lifestyle. Lifting has only been a part of my life for 9 months. Other things have been there for much longer than that. I can't just give up football, dancing & social life (well I can and have cut out the drinks & bad eating) just because I now lift weights.

I don't think I've done that badly for 9 months.

Anyway, enough excuses from me. I'll show you what I can do from now till the end of the year. Sheesh, at least give me a year under the bar first!

Your getting very defensive. Read your journal, pretend its someone elses, be objective.

Now, you said it was your last deadlift session on PPP because it doesnt work for you.

Is that correct, I can cut and paste what you said.

My argument is, YOU failed the deadlift portion of PPP, not the other way around. Prove to me you did everything I state to do in the PPP booklet.

Maybe you should leave the comment out of your journal, just put down the weights

NO EXCUSES

I went to yoiur last post, and went backwards for 2 whole pages, I thought that was giving you a fair crack.

You should take my comments and buckle down, not argue.

And your right about Max, he loves soccer. He watched a total of zero minutes of the World Cup. He mumbled something about getting strong and went to bed.

He watched the weekly highlight show, it took 17 seconds.

I think you misunderstood what I said, Markos.

At that stage, I realised that my deadlift wasn't getting any better than 190kg if I kept going for a few more sessions, so I stopped my PPP cycle there. The "last session" refers to last session on THAT cycle, not last session ever. It didn't mean that I'd never use PPP for deadlift again. It meant that I realise I have some issues with deadlift (sumo style in particular) I have to fix first before doing more PPP deadlift.

In case you don't realise, I acknowledge I failed the PPP deadlift, the program didn't fail me. And no I didn't do 100% of the things in the booklet.

As I already explained in my journal, I'm doing some short term training now to prepare for the comp, then onto a new PPP cycle.

No comment on the soccer thing. :p

Dan, be thankful I decided to give you a rocket, for most lifters, I dont care enough to do it. Max has copped them, Fat Dave has copped. Its a positive thing.

You stated in your journal that when you slept, you lifted better. Listen to your own advice.

I dont consider watching soccer a life outside lifting sorry lol

Yeah any update on the iPhone app?

I just finished a comp on Sunday and have another coming up on Nov 28. I'm starting training again this week, which means I have 8 weeks and a bit before the next comp.

I totaled 432.5kg and want at least a 455kg.

Is it worth it to start a PPP cycle for only 8 weeks? As in going up to week 8 of a cycle?

I'll speak to Jimmy about the app tonight during his session.

as far as the value of doing PPP for 8 weeks, at our States, we only got up to week 7/8 as we started late, and everyone set PB's and we set/broke 56 National records.

I have an iPhone4 coming soon, so I too want the app lol

Week 2 of 190 squat program i couldnt do last 2 sets. Had a vagina attack so i did the hammer strength squat machine with 200kg for reps.

So happy with the program especially for my bench it has shot up alot. And its only getting easier..

as far as the value of doing PPP for 8 weeks, at our States, we only got up to week 7/8 as we started late, and everyone set PB's and we set/broke 56 National records.

Sweet!

What target should I select for just 8 weeks though?

Say for example, if I want a 200kg deadlift in the Nov 28 comp, do I select the 220kg table where it goes up to 202.5kg for 2 sets of singles by week 8?

Good question.

What we found was we stuck with the original plan and lifted like it was 11 weeks, we knew we would be stronger at week 8, and we were.

I would still select 210kg for the dead. Remember, the number you reach at week 8 will be your opener.

Thats what we did anyway.

Thanks Markos, I'll go with that then. If I can open at 195kg DL (week 8, 210kg table) that's 7.5kg over my comp's best and 15kg higher than my previous opener. Good enough!

Would it be possible to edit PPP so that it moves up in 2.5 or 5kg increments? Im interested in using it long term.

I think its 5kg till 200kg Oli.

I feel that at 200kg, a 2.5kg increase is negligible in 11 weeks, a 10kg increase is only 5%

I wouldnt mind going up in 5kgs for my squat and deadlift, 2.5 for my bench would be awesome.

I reassessed my goals - I'm aiming for 10kg on my squat/deadlift a year and 5kg on my bench. By 40 I'll be pulling 420, LOL

I wouldnt mind going up in 5kgs for my squat and deadlift, 2.5 for my bench would be awesome.

I reassessed my goals - I'm aiming for 10kg on my squat/deadlift a year and 5kg on my bench. By 40 I'll be pulling 420, LOL

go for the biggest jumps you can think you can handle at 1st then lean out to smaller jumps when things get really tough.

ppp has taken my deadlift from 220kg back 6 months ago to nearly 260kg in 3 weeks time hopefully (things look very promising)

well worth the $20

Questions for Markos:
- Focus on being explosive when working up to my bench to 80%. Good idea/not worth bothering about?

Accessory:
- I always let the bar rest when I bent row (like deadlifts) I feel it limits the weight that can be used. Ditch this part?
- Would skipping pull ups have a negative effect on my bench?
- I might have to press sitting down. Apart from being gay are their any other disadvantages to doing so?