• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Ptc ppp

Its coming big fella. Jimmy had some other projects, he's back on it full time, I've seen bits of it on his own iPhone

Oliver
1. Always explosive, always
2. I never let it rest, old school
3. As long as you replace it with another pulling motion. The upper back is very important for a big bench
4. We press sitting and standing. For powerlifting, you can get away with only sitting

I'm getting sick of rippetoes workout, I'm looking for something else now. I've had some good gains on it, but my bench really sucks and my OH isn't that great. Neither is my squat or deadlift for that matter lol
I'm still a beginner, is this program any good for me?
My lifts
3-4 months ago
squat 55kg >now 110kg
OH 20kg>now 52.5kg
deadlift 60kg>now 130kg
(5 reps, not sure of 1RM)

My goals for the next 3 months
130kg squat
160kg deadlift
85kg bench

Last edited:
You can probably get a lot further on beginner programming before you have to change. If you want some change try markos' program this time round and really push yourself. If things stall despite you giving it your 100% all drink 1L of milk a day. If nothing happens after a week drink 2L a day.

well I'll stick to what im doing now, it has been giving me some ok results

ill just start eating more + 1 liter of milk per day. i was eating 3,000-3,500 per day, obviously not enough lol

well I'll stick to what im doing now, it has been giving me some ok results

ill just start eating more + 1 liter of milk per day. i was eating 3,000-3,500 per day, obviously not enough lol

Without being mean it obviously wasnt. also it depends where that 3000 calories consists of - all too often ive seen it come from spagetti-o's.

Yea I admit it wasn't that great. the 40kg bench 3-4 months ago was a struggle for even one rep. I was super skinny, now just skinny.

Will really work on nailing my diet down and pushing higher weights.

Last edited:
No problem. Been sick all weekend so it gave me something to do for a few hours..I assume you have my email.
Just want to know if it's suitable for a weakling like me, haha. I was reading some of the results, dancelot was a bit weaker than me on lifts (expect bench which was 5kg more ) and he got all his goals (100kg) by the end of the year. (i think)

Does anyone have a list of results achieved by this program?

Its worth a shot Alpha, Im a little behind you and starting week 4 now. Really love the fact that I know exactly what I will be lifting each week, for 11 weeks, its motivating.

Im aware that it may not be totally suitable for novices, but saying that I am noticing strength gains already and have had to go up a level on the bench. Just make sure you hit the assistance exercises to bring up the volume a bit

IMO its all about food in completeing this program... the more you eat the easier it is.. I have found the weeks I try and restrict my caloires a little to cut a bit of fat then PPP gets harder the more I eat the easier it is.

Just read PPP, each lift will go up 10kg by the end of each cycle? Squats/Bench/Deadlifts Mon/Wed/Fri is correct? + 2-3 assistant exercises? Does it matter what weight we are doing for them, as long as we are moving the weight/reps on those each week too?

My current lifts are pretty weak, my goal is to reach the 100/140/180 by 8-9 months. Squat is the closest, which is around 120kg for 1RM, deadlift at 130kg(5 reps) and bench well 65kg for 1RM LOL

So with those lifts I guess I should aim for around 10kg each cycle. If I do that I should be able to achieve that within a year.

Mr Moth, I would have thought that a good beginners program is all you need to take you to 140/100/180, then try PPP.

Markos, are you still recommending PPP even for beginners?

At PTC, we dont do PPP exclusively. we dont do anything exclusively.

We worry very little about the name of the program were doing and concentrate on the weight on the bar.

PPP is dirt cheap because it is a string you can add to your bow when you need it.

It can help you through any stage of your lifting. Most trainees dont have another set of eyes to help them, so they simply plod along.

PPP will help you plod along in the right direction, regardless of your experience.

There isnt a single lifter doing PPP at PTC currently.

We'll probably start next week with an eye on AD11 at ProRaw