• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

ProRawOne Results

Watching "squats" done in comps on YouTube leaves me shaking my head sometimes.

Generally in multiply feds

I'm sure it does the same to others.

I was not going to have ProRaw live with a stigma of shallow squats

Markos, Loved the comp, was an excellent day. And went very smoothly with no hiccups (that i noticed anyway), which is even more special considering it was a first time.

Was good meeting some new guys and sharing tips and stories. And the atmosphere 'out back' in the warmup area was exactly what you want at a PL meet - everyone supporting each other.

Personally, I don't think the rising bar setup worked as well as it could have. I think much of this was due to the lack of close competition at the top end (ie, Matt not doing his first squat until everyone had finished all their 3 lifts). I don't no if you have had other feedback on this?
I reckon though with more numbers and tighter competition going forward rising bar would still have its place.

So yea, I was impressed! and seeing Matt - same age and weight as me - lifting those numbers has really inspired me now! Bring on PR2 =D

Rising bar is history, took WAY too long on the squats. We couldnt get the next lifter ready until the guy on the platform got off and gave us his next attempt.

Back to rounds from now on.

Here is an email I got from Sean Katterle for Clash of the Titans in the States, funny shit

No bench shirts to let people trampoline the weight off their guts.

No deadlift suits to give pullers an artificial pop off the floor.

No lifting straps to help weak handed weight lifters to hang on to what they're not strong enough to hold on their own.

No local yokel show where the competitors' buddies pass any crap they try and sell as a contest lift on the powerlifting stage.

No table full of first place trophies where everyone's a national champion and a state record holder.

And no gathering of training partners/spotters to give hands on spots, turning the powerlifts into a team event.

This is the pro show where the frauds, phonies and pretenders spend months preparing their excuses as to why they can't make the trip. Since 2006, MHP's Kings of the Bench & Clash of the Titans have been the proving ground where legitimate, elite, strength athletes meet to compete and to test their might.

If you weigh 175 pounds or less and can raw bench 350+ pounds FOR REAL..........
If you can raw bench 450+ pounds FOR REAL (at any bodyweight).........
Or if you can raw deadlift 600+ pounds all on your own.................

Then make the decision to step up and to really become a part of the sport of classic powerlifting!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfGZtMWuC6M]YouTube - ProRawOne, Kelly benches 140kg@78kg[/ame]

Gawain looks like he means business when hes wrapping his wrists. Excellent stuff.

so no more rising bar?

i had to follow myself on bench and deadlift which sucked as im used to 5-10 minute rests between big lifts

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4oqJhJZZ10]YouTube - ProRawOne, Ryan benches 140kg@87kg, teenager[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QBsNn8WeYTc]YouTube - ProRawOne, Matt benches 160kg@90kg[/ame]

ProRawRecords

Women 65kg Class

Squat
87.5kg - Sussy Kollen

Bench
55kg - Sussy Kollen

Deadlift
105kg - Sussy Kollen

Total
247.5kg – Sussy Kollen

Women 65kg+ Class

Squat
145kg - Taylor Young
130kg - Dimitria Strathopoulos
100kg - Ann Riley

Bench Press
85kg - Taylor Young
82.5kg – Dimitria Strathopoulos
70kg – Ann Riley

Deadlift
152.5kg - Dimitria Strathopoulos

Total
365kg - Dimitria Strathopoulos

Mens 80kg Class

Squat
170kg – Kelly Chan
150kg – Jonathon Nichols
140kg – Dimitri Papaconstantinou
140kg – Blake Hanson

Bench press
140kg – Kelly Chan
110kg – Jonathon Nichols
102.5kg – Rhett Spilkin

Deadlift
230kg – Kelly Chan
200kg – Blake Hanson
190kg – Dimitri Papaconstantinou
190kg – Jonathon Nichols

Total
540kg – Kelly Chan
450kg – Jonathon Nichols
430kg – Dimitrios Papaconstantinou
430kg – Blake Hanson

Mens 95kg Class

Squat
280kg – Matt Middleton
245kg – Alex Fergus
220kg – Brent Drake

Bench press
160kg – Matt Middleton
140kg – Ryan Plavin
130kg – Brent Drake

Deadlift
280kg - Matt Middleton
265kg – Brent Drake
250kg – Alex Fergus

Total
720kg - Matt Middleton
615kg – Brent Drake
610kg – Alex Fergus

Mens 110kg Class

Squat
240kg – Nathan Jones
235kg – Jeremy Lewis
200kg – Tudor Sava

Bench Press
190kg – Nathan Jones
135kg – Jeremy Lewis
100kg – Tudor Sava

Deadlift
305kg – Nathan Jones
250kg – Jeremy Lewis
200kg – Nathan Tudor

Total
735kg – Nathan Jones
620kg – Jeremy Lewis
500kg – Tudor Sava

Mens 110kg+ Class

Squat
300kg – Gawain Johnstone
225kg – John Sheridan
190kg – Dave Sheridan

Bench Press
200kg – Gawain Johnstone
115kg – Dave Carrigan
115kg – Jackl Pollard

Deadlift
280kg – Gawain Johnstone
220kg – John Sheridan
210kg – Dave Carrigan

Total
780kg - Gawain Johnstone
525kg – John Sheridan
515kg – Dave Carrigan

Last edited:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6oHWZibbAGI]YouTube - ProRawOne, Nathan Jones benches 190kg@108kg[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G16-Bar4ek0]YouTube - ProRawOne, Gawain benches 192.5kg[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wf2K0sEqUYI]YouTube - ProRawOne, Gawain benches 200kg[/ame]

I just weighed the special deadlift bar

It weighed 21.4kg

I'm surprised no one has bothered before

I used the calibrated scales

That's why they weighed equipment after world records

Ive watched all those lifts and fuk yea! haha inspiring stuff! It does look like Gawain ate fat Dave before he started lifting ... hahahahaha he's a fkn machine!

Will have 5 guys squat over 300kg at ProRawTwo

I really want to name them, but you'll have to wait.

I'm not including Matt in that list, though I reckon he can. Same goes for Gregg Gordon.

I know he can, but I dont know if he will

Id like to thank everyone that was involved in ProRaw One, it was an amazing day to be amoungst such great lifters and to see some serious weights being lifted not to mention the electric atmosphere.

This was my first comp after joining the world of powerlifting 8 months ago, training at PTC. Since i joined I have given away my footy come back and after the weekend i know why.

It is no suprise ProRaw One took off aswell as it did. Markos and his family have such a passion towards lifting and seeing others succeed its great to see their efforts rewarded. The generosity to offer up so much as prize money for a first comp shows why such big names came on board as members. Thank you

Im looking forward to ProRaw 2 - reps challenge just trying to figure out how im gonna get 100kg above my head lol

Last edited:
Well said mate, and well done at the comp too!
Id like to thank everyone that was involved in ProRaw One, it was an amazing day to be amoungst such great lifters and to see some serious weights being lifted not to mention the electric atmosphere.

This was my first comp after joining the world of powerlifting 8 months ago, training at PTC. Since i joined I have given away my footy come back and after the weekend i know why.

It is no suprise ProRaw One took off aswell as it did. Markos and his family have such a passion towards lifting and seeing others succeed its great to see their efforts rewarded. The generosity to offer up so much as prize money for a first comp shows why such big names came on board as members. Thank you

Im looking forward to ProRaw 2 - reps challenge just trying to figure out how im gonna get 100kg above my head lol

Last edited: