• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

ProRawOne Results

How is that nutrient timing?

He has 4-5 eggs, 5 rashes of bacon, hamburger patty

Steak/chicken/salad/vegies

1000 calories of Almonds and cheese

After and during training, all bets are off, anything and everything, till he goes to bed

It changes a little, but thats the basics.

For people who are unsure of the concept, its called carb backloading.

Nutrient timing is more or less like having a big breakfast, not much carbs during the day and then more carbs focused around your training, hence the timing. Where as the above where it is no carbs till after post workout is carb backloading. Both work, as to which is better.

i dunno lol

I have to apologize for posting this stuff in this thread, but I ventured into the diet section once and forgot how to cross the road

Never again.

Oh, cheers for that Hashi, Ive never heard that phrase before. He's leaner, lighter, bigger and stronger, as per his 125kg power clean last night. Same thing on his benching and squatting

Max needs to stay at 75kg for the Ironedge Rep Challenge, hence why he dropped his 4 litres of milk.

After that, he'll eat the same, but closer to 5000 calories, look at competing at 82.5kg.

He's starving all day currently, then its like a cyclone lol

I think personally if he is starving then what he is doing is only putting his body at higher risk for injury come comp day when he maxxes out...
In terms of the nutrients timing thing I had been trialling over the last 6 weeks carb loading 1-2 huors both sides of training then zero carbs the rest of the day and must admit it probably had the most dramatic effect on strgth levels ive ever seen. It deffinitly was working for me and Ill be doing somthing similar again when im back at it.

Markos,
Re: Maxs' diet. What does he do on a non training day? Just do the same thing - only consume carbs later in the evening.
And what time does he usually train?

Also, i have another question regarding max and your other clients. I see alot of them train up to 6 times a week, doing power lifts, full body movements (cleans etc). Does anyone struggle to keep up physically and mentally? Do you have rest weeks or anything?
i no after a big squat session i couldn't do cleans or Deadlifts for at least 2-3 days? or am i just weak :p

Whats an off day lol

Max doesnt lift on Sunday, he eats loads of carbs

he trains from 7 till 9 , 6 days a week

Max has been doing it for around 6 weeks, maybe longer, not missed a session

Alen and Daryl have had a few days off

This week is a rest lol

One lift only per session

Mon - squats
Tue - bench
Wed - cleans
Thur - military press
Fri - deadlifts
Sat - ???????

The body will adapt.

Max is incredibly strong in the mind. He ignores pain as well as anyone I have seen.

This is not always a good thing.

He is pulling 170kg for max reps today, its the weight he needs in the Rep Challenge, 2 x bw + 20kg. He should get 10 reps easily. He's not exactly fresh lol

Daryl needs 167.5kg. Alen needs 190kg. I cant wait to see the results.

I stuck this in the wrong thread earlier

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=onUPYosXW-8]YouTube - ProRaw 1[/ame]

I see the Capo nats have been moved:

Capo Powerlifting
The Australia National Raw + Equipped Powerlifting Championships(including Benchpress only on the Sunday) will be combined on the weekend of the 27th & 28th of August 2011 in Albury NSW . Confirmed

So Markos, any chance of a ProRaw two in between States and Nats?