• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Powerlifting/Weightlifting Gyms/Clubs in Brisbane

Yeah I know but it's a gym that's got all the equipment a powerlifter needs (and a cheaper option & closer to OP) so is it not worth a mention?

For me, it's not just about equipment & cost. I can train in any gym, but as someone else mentioned (and the reason I asked about environment at the gym I found whilst Googling) the support network where I'm training is key.

Since I got out of the military I've trained largely on my own, and not only is it a drag, but I'm sure I've not progressed as much as I could've with the right group of people to train with every week.

PTC got a lot of shouts for being a decent, competitive, friendly environment, and it'd be nice to walk into somewhere and know exactly what I'll be getting in terms of people to train with.
I'll still check out others, and I'm grateful for the suggestions, but it's hard to ignore a plethora of recommendations for one club based on results, equipment, proximity & people.

It's probably where I'll end up going.

on the topic of QLD gyms...

i'll be in broadbeach for 7 days come early novemeber...a week or two before my next PL comp...so i'm hardly wanting to miss my week 10 sessions :p

Recommendations? I'll be staying at ocean beach. i noticed fitness first (rollseyes) is probably easy walking distance. I saw nothing else on my brief search...

?

There is a PCYC at Broadbeach too, has 2 squat racks, lots of dumbbells, some other good equipment. When I lived at Broady it used to take me close to 30 minutes to get to near Gold Coast barbell, mind you when I lived there, there were a bunch of road works.

If you dont mind the travel I would definitely go to GCBB, Ive only trained there twice but the atmosphere was much better than the PCYC. The wankers at PCYC outweighed the hot chicks too, so keep that in mind.

I seriously care little for who ill be training with in all honesty. Its only two sessions...so as long as no one is in my way...

Have you ever been to HW West End Oni?

HW West End isn't bad. Friendly crew willing to help. I settled on the UQ Power Lifting Club though. That would be my recommendation.

I tried to join up with that powerlifting gym in Northgate but they never replied to my emails. They obviously have enough members! :rolleyes: The UQ PL club guys responded quickly and were very professional.

HW West End isn't bad. Friendly crew willing to help. I settled on the UQ Power Lifting Club though. That would be my recommendation.

I tried to join up with that powerlifting gym in Northgate but they never replied to my emails. They obviously have enough members! :rolleyes: The UQ PL club guys responded quickly and were very professional.

Sorry mate.

Its true, we have been very busy lately, and I have been slow at replying to emails.... and we had lots of drama's with our emails not actually ending up to their recipients.

Things are back on track now, and everybody is welcome to come in and train.

Apologies mate.
Hope your training goes well :)

Last edited: