• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Powerlifting/Weightlifting Gyms/Clubs in Brisbane

Yep.
Equipment is very different, training is different, different style, different coaches.
I'd never take on a OLer and I doubt he'd take on a full on PLer

Craig does a lot of WL and crossfit, we do PL and conditioning.

I've heard great things about HealthWorks West End, must come and have a gander one of these days. Two of my clients workout there :)

Healthworks West End

Your kinda confused...

You need to walk through the health club known as health works to het to the cage that contains the gym..

I should add that when I make the 650km trip to Brisbane I go to PTC.

Great atmousphere, great people, great equiptment.

And Jay at Ptc you never train alone, someone will allways be there to help spot, encourage or offer advice..

Last edited:
Lol, apples and oranges Dave.

Does healthworks have the strongest raw and equipped lifters in QLD?
Yep, for sure. Jeff, jase and Al are great lifters, and Jason is an awesome guy.

Fact is though, that's less than 1% of the gyms members.

It's a commercial gym, where most 1/4 squat or run on treadmills.

Yeah I know mate, just pointing out facts to wake some people up to the fact that there are other good gyms out there besides PTC (which is a great training place).
You should rename these forums the PTC forums ;)

Yeah I know mate, just pointing out facts to wake some people up to the fact that there are other good gyms out there besides PTC (which is a great training place).

I've been thinking that for a while... "PTC" style training is big here... Compared to Olympia where i go and there are a lot of very big boys, but deadlifts & real squats are pretty few and far between.

Lol, so it has to be offical totals, a guy I train with can easy total a tonne equipt, cant wait to see what he totals raw..
...and that's a regional goodlife...lol

Lol, so it has to be offical totals, a guy I train with can easy total a tonne equipt, cant wait to see what he totals raw..
...and that's a regional goodlife...lol

No we'll just go off e-statting gym lifts, that makes much more sense :rolleyes:

Well damn that wasn't very well organized..

The strongest comp in oz and it won't have the strongest healthclubs members there.

I guess there is allways next year