• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Mike Mentzer - Heavy Duty Training

We know he use PED's ..

He was also a made wizz fiend. What's your point...?

Because bodybuilding = drugs
All that matters is that you train with frequency, take your drugs and eat a load

This physique is typical of durabolin, deca and dbol abuse. Very impressive for the drugs he used. No tren, test or gh!
And this is all because you have so much experience at 21 years of age and lifting weights for less than a year or is it because you can't seem to make any gains in bodybuilding so it must be all about the drugs.
It's time you step back and let others who know what they're doing do the talking and stop embarrassing yourself, you've been caught out too many times.

Go ahead now and report this post too.

Apart from the fact Mike Mentzer admitted to doing exactly what I was saying :rolleyes:

Apart from the fact Mike Mentzer admitted to doing exactly what I was saying :rolleyes:

Whats your point? Mike Mentzer used drugs? WOW...didnt see that coming....Iam talking about his training ideas in this thread...I am not saying I am going to copy to the letter what he did...but if I can take different things that worked in his training, that will improve my training I will...

Oni get over this whole drugs thing you got going on...I dont understand it nor do I think you even have a right to be talking about it when you clearly know nothing about what your talking about....

P.S if you have nothing to add to this thread in regards to his training ideas then plz stop posting...

P.S if you have nothing to add to this thread in regards to his training ideas then plz stop posting...

jersey shore jersey shore jersey shore

is season 3 worth watching again? icant remember it?

Yes Dave, in one of the books he covers a whole chapter about training with Dorian.

I was at a Dorian Q&A not long ago, I asked about when he trained with Mike..

He said that he took ideas that Mike had, and used them in his own way.. just a little more volume but they had a near identical philosophy on bb (going to war with the iron, each workout is methodically planned etc).

Going back to my original point I don't see it working for the unhormonized trainee
Once you get above your natural cap, bodybuilding = hormones there is no debate about that. Just look at cutler when he was starting, worst genetics ever! Add a load of tren, equi, gh & slin and he mutates.. I see all the time people doing 1 cycle a year, they do one routine make good progress, do another cycle make none, then they are like "maybe dc training will do it this time" and make no progress, then another & another... when really they are stuck because all they are doing is running 500mg test a week for 1/4 of the year, the routine is irrelevant if they want to get bigger they need to up the HORMONES not think "maybe this routine is what I need to do". Joel you have a great amount of mass for someone who is unhormonized for the majority of the year, but I really don't see you getting a whole lot bigger until you start upping your dosages and this has been proved time and time again with gym rats all over the world

Everything I've claimed I have backed up, when people have refuted my claims I've asked them to provide any sort of source and they tell me where to stick it, then have a go at ME any time my sources are sub-par. The staff on this site are completely 100% aware of this also. I'll leave this thread now for discussion of this training protocol and if you want to discuss it further, feel free to PM me or make a new thread

The mentzer brothers, along with viator where hugely influenced by Arthur Jones.
There is no secret about mentzers drug and emotional problems, the reason why mike split from Arthur was mainly because of the drugs.

However mike did a good job self promoting and cashing in on his angry young man routine.

He was a pretty good boody-builder
I never payed much attention to him.

Yes, Mike was all about the $$.. it was no secret.

Oni, GH15's site is not a reputable source lol.

How are you looking at putting together a program Joel?

I know Fadi has been doing 50 rep sets (or something like that) with a very heavy weight much like a 20 rep squat set. After his loss of mass for his Oly lifting return the other year he is reporting good benefits from this type of training.