• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Kettlebell Training

I can do snatches but shoulder doesn't like it too much :( It's weird, single arm presses are the worst. I can actually SOHP with a BB ok now.

single arm presses are the worst for me too, still. Despite having made amazing progress to gain strength parity for both shoulders. Left still lags a bit but only marginally for everything (and is better on some). But for SAPress.... humiliation time... :(

One I tried today

5 Rounds (I like these ones)

20 KB Swings
15m Farmers Walk
10 Burpees
15m Farmers Walk (back to start)

Arms felt like lead afterwards!

Was sick this week and decided to have another week off till I start PPP, just needed to keep the blood pumping and the muscles moving best way I can!
Plus Trent hates it.

I love rebellion against coaches/trainers and just doing the cardio workout anyway!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They should be proud we are doing extra curricular activities!

lol hmmm i know that when my allergies slow down and i get a nice sunny day, the temptation to go for a run/sprint will be overwhelming.
I may not say anything to my trainer ... :p

Just sold all my kettle bells on eBay, never really got into them, prefer my dumbbells and barbells. :)

For the detractors who still think the kettlebells don't help with strength ... it does, and it develops strength efficiency too.

Ivan Denisov. Top KB competitor in WKC.

Doesn't train deadlifts.

[ame=http://youtu.be/m7xjuNeRZEg]Ivan Denisov Deadlift - WKC Kettlebell Training Camp - YouTube[/ame]

and this! 90kg KB jerks for 10 reps ...

[ame=http://youtu.be/9XxeQt27zJo]Pavlos 90kg Kettlebell Jerk 10 reps - YouTube[/ame]

I don't think anyone doubted they'd make you stronger (or have the potential to)

Improving KB strength is still pretty specific to improving KB strength though (surprise surprise lol)

I like em personally.

Great for general conditioning.
No doubting it.

Looking forward to trying the 1000 swings a day thingo too.

whats a good weight to get to start doing kettlebell training ?

16kg ?

Looking at getting one for morning/evening and weekend workouts.

Is it also worth getting a light one for high reps ?

Didn't keep dumbells or weights last time I moved - was rather stupid

Id probably get one of those adjustable ones lex. That way you can toy with different movements - id say your kb swings, kb snatches and kb udl's would all be different weight. Then if you like you can expand your collection.

I sound like such a salesman :(

Try with a 16kg bell.
You may also find 20kg won't be far off either for some exercises.
You will find you probably won't need a smaller KB. My husband doesn't touch anything under 20kgs.
Food for thought.

Last edited: