• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Kettlebell Training

Holy shit, that dude is crazy strong.

That was a good article Viv.

I do love the heavy KB swings. The only thing is it's quite awkward putting it back down again. I think that is how I strained my back the other day. I was up to swinging the 64kg for sets of 7.

Take het outside and when done just let it go lol

Resisting that thing is just asking for trouble.

I do it even with the 32. After a million reps to fatigue, the very last thing i wanna worry about it stopping the thing "carefully".

I started with a pair of 6's ... I would struggle to do really complex moves with them, but they were fine for the basics, I've got a 10 and a 15 as well.

I probably wouldn't start with heavier than 6's ...

found a relatively cheap 56kg kb
CLEARANCE SALE PRODUCTS :: 56 kg Kettlebell

tempted but there's no point me getting it yet.
32 kg arrived yesterday and going to take a while to get used to that.

Got my 2x 6kg power clubs from yang trading on ebay 40ea +10 for shipping
not as nice as the ironedge ones (no knurling) but $40+ cheaper

Hey guys, i'm a kettlebell instructor up here in Melbourne and gotta say i'm really enjoying reading the threads! One thing I'd say is I've seen sooo many people injured from lifting too heavy a kettlebell. I think its more common per user than say with dumbbells because of the uneven weight distribution as opposed to dumbbells.

One way that we recommend especially at home is to use adjustable kettlebells and we're even looking at getting some in our gym as we've found or suspect at least, that some users feel its the "walk of shame" to put the kettlebell back in its rack and grab a lighter one. Anyways just my two cents worth.

If you are a "kettle-bell instructor" you will appreciate and understand the unique design (shape) which enables one to do the certain exercises that you cannot do with a dumb-bell.