• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Kettlebell Training

60 minutes?
What type of physical / metabolic response are you trying to elicit from that?

to get stronger.

I do these sessions to get used to grinding out reps with good technique.

Also, I found these longer controlled sessions had a positive impact on being able to survive my sports :)

2 hours of paddling training twice a week and 2-3 back to back games of touch rugby

Other than sex, there's basically nothing in the world I'd want to do for over 60 minutes :p

I bet I could elicit the same response in 10 minutes.

A Kettlebell circuit we've used in KB training in the park.

Circuit 1: 3-4 sets x 25s on+10s changeover
KB Single leg squats x LHS
KB Single leg squats RHS
Full Snatch x LHS
Full Snatch x RHS
Double KB Swings

use whatever weight KB you can handle.

I'm going to have to note some of these awesome workouts for my Gym Wall. Going to have Kettlebell drills posted so I have no excuse for not conditioning.

hey Karen,

when you write them down, they don't seem like much but they're actually pretty good!

I write them down here so I don't forget and can look post them on a wall later so I do them at home!

:)

This looks like a fun KB ladder workout to try :)

Perform the exercises as a ladder. Start with your weaker side as a rule. Use a KB weight that is at your level.

Single arm KB Snatch x1rep
KB High Windmill x 1
Single arm KB front squat x 1
single arm KB shoulder press x 1

Repeat on same side for 2, 3, 4, 5 reps each exercise
Rest 2 mins
Repeat on the other side

40 reps total (20 ES)

If you want to supercharge it a bit more, you could do the following:

Single arm KB Snatch
Single arm KB swings
Single arm KB front squat
single arm KB upside down press

Last edited:
I've decided to stick to the basics since I can't press properly. Just doing a few sets of heavy swings for DL assistance work.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3xy8hpn8-0&list=UUg5G7qUcxNgCaJQhiIxr3sA&index=2&feature=plcp]64kg kettlebell swing x 10 - YouTube[/ame]

Hard!

whoaa...and HEAVY, Chris!

have you tried snatches for your shoulder? great for ROM rehab. But best to not go all out with the KB weight...lower weight for rehabbing snatches.

works a treat :)

I can do snatches but shoulder doesn't like it too much :( It's weird, single arm presses are the worst. I can actually SOHP with a BB ok now.