• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Kettlebell Training

kaz

iLift
My earliest memories of strength training are vivid images of Kettlebells.
A tiny 4kg KB shoved at my feet and told to swing it....!
Over the next 2 years I learnt the basics and have developed my own drills, or learnt from others.

These days I stick to 10minute conditioning drills or Tabata, previously I used to participate in 45minute full body conditioning once per week.

Kettlebells are a very useful across all athletic groups.

Kettlebells are awes. I have a kb instructors cert.

Ill link you some sub 10 min hiit kb stuff when I get home.

Kettlebells are awes. I have a kb instructors cert.

Ill link you some sub 10 min hiit kb stuff when I get home.

kool:cool:
I kept a logbook of all my old WODs, going to pull out the kettlebell drills and post them here:eek:

EDIT: Wingman feel free to add yours too:)

Last edited:
The Basic Basic as many sets in 10 mins
Ideal for beginner, works major muscle groups
20 x Basic Swings
20 x Front Squats (alt box squats)
20 x Alternate swings L-R
10 x Squat with L Arm Press
10 x Squat with R Arm Press

Kettlebell Ladder
All dual sided exercises are 5L/5R, I complete this with a 12kg Bell, the bell does not touch the ground.
Cleans
Cleans + Swing
Cleans + Swing + Snatch
Cleans + Swing + Snatch + OH Swing
Cleans + Swing + Snatch + OH swing + Squat
Cleans + Swing + Snatch + OH Swing
Cleans + Swing + Snatch
Cleans + Swing
Cleans

These are just 2 from different extremities, haven't timed myself on the KB ladder exercise

Cell Complex:
With a 24kg Kettlebell, perform 5 reps of the Complex for time where 1 rep =
Slasher to Halo, 5/5 reps
Deck Squat, 5 reps
Russian Kettlebell Swing, 10 reps
Snatch, 5/5 reps
Clean & Press, 5/5 reps

Football Conditioning:
1 minute on, 1 minute off for 10 minutes total
During your 1 minute on, do 30 KB Swings - Russian 2 pood
During your 1 minute off, rest.
During any of the 'on' minutes, if you don't get your 30 swings done, count a penalty.
At the end, do 1000m on the rower for each penalty counted.

Try the ones I listed Deep and report back. Go.

That Footy conditioning one is ferocious ..... penalties is my middle name.....
But will try that when I hit FF coz they have a rower.... however can substitute burpees for penalties:p

Lol. Kettlebells for footy conditioning. What can't they do??

Funny though I've never had to swing kettlebells while running around a footy oval yet.

Funny though I've never had to swing kettlebells while running around a footy oval yet.

Guess what, I have one called Russian Kettlebell Drill and it has nothing to do with Russians.
I have one called The Farmer walk, it has nothing to do with farmers.
This is a thread ffor kettlebell training, if you don't have genuine input then I suggest you post elsewhere. This is not going to be a shit/rubbish talking thread.

It's an american thing, so presumably they have rectangles instead of ovals. Does that help? :p

Guess what, I have one called Russian Kettlebell Drill and it has nothing to do with Russians.
I have one called The Farmer walk, it has nothing to do with farmers.
This is a thread ffor kettlebell training, if you don't have genuine input then I suggest you post elsewhere. This is not going to be a shit/rubbish talking thread.

Deep this is genuine input. If someone is doing kettlebells for footy conditioning they are wasting there time.

General fitness training they are fine.

Deep this is genuine input. If someone is doing kettlebells for footy conditioning they are wasting there time.

General fitness training they are fine.

The programming I follow is written by an ex NFL player and it's target audience is current offseason NFL players. He programs some KB stuff for conditioning.

Not sure if you are referring to NFL or AFL when you say footy. But from what I've heard, AFL players run miles for their conditioning. Wouldn't like to be them.