• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Just a strength poll from another thread

How many lift have you reach in aprox one year? (half the number for women)

• Total voters
ive hit those numbers in 4 months while weighing 72-75kg...

80% of My guys hit those numbers in around 3-4months (have vids of of this). Just SS/5x5 nothing fancy.

Some weight 70kg and some weigh 100. By the end of the 10 week program they have put on 5kg-10kg bodyweight.

Just because u weigh 100kg does not mean u will lift more than a 80kg lifter in less time.

This is a misconception and generalization
There are factors to look such as -

history of physical exercise
mobility
flexability
genetic disorders (e.g flat foot/bent spines)
previous injuries (e.g knee recons/shoulders recons etc)
all these add to length of time.

But it all should be achievable within 6 months.

I add weight every week, regardless of how I feel or what Trent tells me to lift.
I excelled the weights set in my program and will do it again in my new program.
I have a mindset that I have to walk away from a workout knowing I pushed through with all I could give it!

This is how I move forward!

I add weight every week, regardless of how I feel or what Trent tells me to lift.
I excelled the weights set in my program and will do it again in my new program.
I have a mindset that I have to walk away from a workout knowing I pushed through with all I could give it!

This is how I move forward!

Bravo!

I have said this before, but these are just arbitrary numbers mad up by some one.

These numbers are bull shit due to the fact that people have different bodyweights. Isn't that why powerlifting comps judge people by bodyweight?

A 60kg lifter will take lot longer than a 100kg lifter so the numbers are flawed.

I was under 70kg when I started seriously training these lifts and I made them all by under 75kg.

Its not impossible. Train consistently and eat well!

I may have had size on my side, but I started at 30kg squats and 50kg Deadlifts, I got the numbers in less than 3 months...I'm nowhere near the body weight number tho...

i think you were stronger than a 50kg deadlift somehow.

but yeah, lift big, eat bigger and getting these numbers seems inevitable

smashed the dl and squat ages ago... but i have a very weak bench, have almost bveen pl for 11 months (i think, may be closer to 12) and im 10kg off the 100kg bench

At my peak I would probably have been able to do a 140kg 1RM squat, but I never tested 1RM. I'm yet to bench 100kg or deadlift 180kg.

Well I must just be less than average then. Been lifting properly since Dec 09 so about 2.25 years total. I got the bench number after a year or so. Took me until Dec 2011 to get the squat and DL numbers. This is at 77kg BW & 100% training at home so all self taught. If I had some better form earlier, it may have been quicker.

I suppose as well as that you need to look at any other activities e.g. for the first 1.5 years of my lifting I was also doing mma 3x a week. THAT will definitely eat into recovery time and means strength gains come slower.

Rather interestingly, according to the poll:
50% of people are above average
50% of people are below average

I will.....

Look at the first 2 pages of training logs on this site, and tell me how many logs you think are owned by people who are actually dedicated to strength training, and who are training smart and hard.

The results from this poll are to be expected.

When I started training seriously which was when I discovered squats and deads I think I could already bench 100. The dead took a couple months maybe less and the squat a fair bit longer because of footy injuries.

I also look at the first 2 pages of the Training Diaries and I don't see much in the way of anyone making too many suggestions....if I was doing the wrong thing I would want people to tell me....Most of the comments are directed at Oni's log

If you cant hit those numbers in a yr then your doing something wrong....

100kg bench - easy
140 squat - easy
180 dead - easy

I was benching over 100kg, squatting over 170 and deadlifting over 180 in my 1st year of real strength training at 16-17...

If you cant hit those numbers in a yr then your doing something wrong....

100kg bench - easy
140 squat - easy
180 dead - easy

I was benching over 100kg, squatting over 170 and deadlifting over 180 in my 1st year of real strength training at 16-17...

I agree mate, there's a bloke that trains at the same gym as me, he has these lifts in sight and he would be less than 70kg

So I asked this question on the Pro Raw forum, and 83% got it in under 12 months, only 1 lifter is still not there after 18 months.

If your lifting to increase your max, and cant hit them in under 12 months, sack your coach, give yourself an uppercut or start asking questions about your training.

So I asked this question on the Pro Raw forum, and 83% got it in under 12 months, only 1 lifter is still not there after 18 months.

If your lifting to increase your max, and cant hit them in under 12 months, sack your coach, give yourself an uppercut or start asking questions about your training.

Totally agree mate!

Id say numbers to focus on within the 1st 12 months of proper strength training would be:

160s/120b/200d

I reckon alot of the training routines are ok...but god some people need to learn the JOYS of eating!!!