• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Just a strength poll from another thread

How many lift have you reach in aprox one year? (half the number for women)

• Total voters

PepPete

You are a beginner if you cant bench 100kg, squat 140kg and deadlift 180kg. I dont care what your bodyweight is, get bigger, its why your lifting. Bodyweight is not an excuse.

just wondering how many of this lift you have reached aprox after one year

I think the average guy can hit those numbers within 3-6 months no worries, I have'em in the bag now and I am aiming higher now.

But I remember looking at those numbers and thinking WTF! thats impossible LOL:D .....than I looked in the PTC thread and seen Sticky repping 200kg (calling it light lol) and near shit myself :D:D......than I you tubed 'powerlifting' fwaaaaaarkin :eek:, enough said.

The human body is an incredible thing mate

I think the squat is a reasonable goal but a lot of people will have trouble achieving either the bench or the deadlift simply due to proportions unless you megabulk which isn't ideal for everyone

Takes most people (myself included) more than a year cause they spend so long doing the wrong type of programs. Stick with the basics and it is very achievable. and you gotta eat and not worry about keeping bf% super low.

Easy. I started deadlifting at 140kg and made 180 within months. Squat took a little bit longer (I had to work on this thing called depth) and I've been able to bench 100kg since highschool so I can't really comment much on that other than to say if you 65kg teenager can do it then nobody else has any excuse.

If its half the weightfor women then i smashed them all in 9 weeks....
Prior to ptc i only did crossfit, and thats not real lifting;)

I think the squat is a reasonable goal but a lot of people will have trouble achieving either the bench or the deadlift simply due to proportions unless you megabulk which isn't ideal for everyone

Bullshit.
I started lifting at 69kg, in under 12 months hit those numbers at 80kg.
I would have the worst levers on this entire forum for bench and squats.

If I can do it, anybody can.

Just stop fucking around with dumb programming.

I agree with sticky, read the old PTC newsletters when PTC was a garage gym and you'll see heaps of beginners hit these numbers very quickly at all types of body weights

id have had the squat by now without my knee problems(and some shitty form when they were good). on my way to it now though(providing i dont do more stupid shit and hurt it again :p ), and ill hit it in the coming months no probs. bench was slooow, but its there now after 1 year if proper lifting/eating.
the deadlift was easy. now cruising toward 200 and beyond. i tend to think my body better suits that lift.

id have had the squat by now without my knee problems(and some shitty form when they were good). on my way to it now though(providing i dont do more stupid shit and hurt it again :p ), and ill hit it in the coming months no probs. bench was slooow, but its there now after 1 year if proper lifting/eating.
the deadlift was easy. now cruising toward 200 and beyond. i tend to think my body better suits that lift.

I love doing dead-lift!

hate overhead press the most but

I have said this before, but these are just arbitrary numbers mad up by some one.

These numbers are bull shit due to the fact that people have different bodyweights. Isn't that why powerlifting comps judge people by bodyweight?

A 60kg lifter will take lot longer than a 100kg lifter so the numbers are flawed.

I have said this before, but these are just arbitrary numbers mad up by some one.

These numbers are bull shit due to the fact that people have different bodyweights. Isn't that why powerlifting comps judge people by bodyweight?

A 60kg lifter will take lot longer than a 100kg lifter so the numbers are flawed.

I agree with you hammerhead.

The numbers given are arbitrary, the numbers are desirable numbers to reach if one wants goals.

That is all.

Well lets go with another of what matkos regarded as strong.

Bench, 1.5 x bw.
Squat, 2.0 x bw.
Dead, 2.5 x bw.
Military, 1.0 x bw.

Only flawed if ubber fat., ladies I guess half it.

If you want to get stronger, and cant hit the number in a year, you certainly are not trying hard enough.