• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Just a strength poll from another thread

How many lift have you reach in aprox one year? (half the number for women)

• Total voters
You look better without it to be honest.

Sticky - just went back to the thread to found out you signed those boys up on the 4/4/12. So one of them got to the target numbers in like 7 weeks?

Imo the thing that stops most people getting there is boredom/OCD. Most beginners don't want to squat/bench/dead every workout. They want to do fun stuff like kettlebell swings, bodybuilder work or flirt with MMA, so they lack the ability to put 2.5kg on the bar session after session.

Imo the thing that stops most people getting there is boredom/OCD. Most beginners don't want to squat/bench/dead every workout. They want to do fun stuff like kettlebell swings, bodybuilder work or flirt with MMA, so they lack the ability to put 2.5kg on the bar session after session.
So you've had pretty rapid gains then? Cool.

Could you post the program you're following, or a link to it? Thanks. :)

So you've had pretty rapid gains then? Cool.

Could you post the program you're following, or a link to it? Thanks. :)

If you check his log he's doing PPP.

Forgive me for not having a clue as to whether you're a beginner, intermediate or elite, but just thought I'd add that PPP is not really ideal for beginners.

If you check his log he's doing PPP.

Forgive me for not having a clue as to whether you're a beginner, intermediate or elite, but just thought I'd add that PPP is not really ideal for beginners.
Oh. Sorry, but what's PPP?

I'm definitely a beginner, which is most of why I'm asking this stuff, really. :D

edit: Ah, found it (thanks, Google). No worries, guys - not looking to try it, now I know what it is; just curious.

Last edited:
There's a sticky thread at the top written by PTC that says beginner program. Give that a look. Personally I did GSLP as a beginner, its similar to Starting Strength.

PPP is Progressive Poundage Program, written by the owner of PTC. It's designed for intermediate / advanced lifters.