• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Isis

Status
Not open for further replies.
ISIS is a result of a power vacuum after Saddam Hussein was overthrown. The US invaded, nabbed Hussein, killed his supporters and basically let the inmates run the asylum. Over the last 10 years of civil fighting, the most powerful and brutal group has taken control.

It's not quite that simple. Politics in the Middle East has to be more complicated and convoluted than any other region in the world.

I know this already.
Still in the name of religion.
If religion didn't exist we wouldn't have that problem
It's not religion that's the problem, it's the people
If religion didn't exist, people would find something else to argue and kill each other over.

It's not quite that simple. Politics in the Middle East has to be more complicated and convoluted than any other region in the world.

This is to be expected when the region has been at war since forever and will be at war forever. The only regions in the world who haven't been openly at war are where there is a clear majority with the power and calling the shots. For most of the western world it is white christians, then there is the communists in China/N.Korea/Cuba and wherever else, and the Russians being Russian keeping some form of peace in Russia but still niggling at their ex-allies.

The "good guys" like to put their own people in power so they can control the resources but when they turn against "us" we take them out in the name of saving people and being good. The problem this time around is "we" didn't get anyone sorted with enough power in the region to keep control before the "bad guys" started taking over.

As for the religion aspect. If someone starts doing evil shit for and on the behalf of coffee drinkers, does that mean all coffee drinkers are evil? No it means the guy is a dickhead.

I think currently we are ramping up to move into Iraq and Syria - this needs to be done.

I think to a degree you need to fight fire with fire with this sort of group - it seems to be the worst on face value of the terrorist groups we have seen - but are they putting on a good show or do they really have some depth behind them? Al Qaeda - seem/ed to be a more organised group, with real financial backing - but ISIS still seems slightly a mystery in regards to this - all we really know is that they are fairly ruthless, they like to put on a show and they have a great social media marketing team.....I personally believe this fad of isis will die fairly quickly when they are confronted with a real enemy......

[MENTION=2727]Fadi[/MENTION]; is true Islam about peace and love etc or do they (Muslims) believe in killing all those who are not Muslims?

religion is just a code of guidelines to encourage a righteous behaviour, good intent.

In reality, politics rules world. lunatics often use religion as part of their game plan, but many of them are not even interested in a better world, just power and dictatorial enabling tools.

The West is the best, forget the rest.

religion is just a code of guidelines to encourage a righteous behaviour, good intent.

I know the Bible quite well but not the Koran. I know people talk of Muslims going to paradise (heaven) if they kill an Infidel (a non believer of Islam).

Just a thought, if we kill [MENTION=9159]wingman[/MENTION]; the Infidel, do we get to go to Paradise and receive 72 virgins?

well, if that is what it says, which I doubt, then that would be just silly.

Any message that rewards death is dangerous. We should live our lives as productively as we can; try to excel in our hobbies and pursuits, or as Mark Twain said make your 'vacation your vocation'; and contribute to community by working on the things that unite us rather than divide us.

Hate and violence is just the crudest of all strategies, and should always be used as last resort. Yes, the West has done atrocities, but I imagine the world would be much worse and chaotic without its leadership.

There are some middle eastern nations that are trying to get on by working with the international economy, this is the way to go as the Asian tigers have proven.

Yes, societal success it is not straightforward as adequate resources do help, but no society will ever get on by just whinging, blaming the west, and using violence and hatred as a means to power.

Religion is simply used as an excuse - you will find most of these isis mudda fuckers would be "breaking the word of Allah" on a daily basis - OR as many have done before - simply interpret the wording/meaning of something and turn it into something totally different to suit their cause...

I don't think religion used ever be brought into it to be honest - isis are doing the wrong thing regardless of the god they follow and they need to be stopped through swift and aggressive action - the leaders of the world need to order a turkey hunt for these cock-bags and anyone connected to them, anywhere in the world should be put in a detention centre/POW camp.[h=1][/h]

Is it I.S or ISIS?

IS = Islamic State
ISIS = Islamic State Islamic State

Confused

Was ISIS, but now is Islamic State for some reason.

I used the term ISIS in the O.P. as it was more recognizable than Is.

Status
Not open for further replies.