• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

I now believe in personal trainers

Lol take it easy guys I'm only going for 3 sessions see how it is. If he starts hocking his supps I'm outta there.

You can see how it is from what you've posted.

You should have been 'outta there' when he asked for a paced 1RM and asked you to stand on a bosu ball.

the gym threw this in for me as part of the package .. 3 PT sessions 100 bux.. So i chose this hunky ripped man o lovin to see if i can get anything from him. :)

Looks like I got it right during our phone call Trent.

At least you can afford the money, think of the poor schmuk he cons who cant

Looks like I got it right during our phone call Trent.

At least you can afford the money, think of the poor schmuk he cons who cant

yeah u were spot on markos ... hehehe

yeah i feel sorry for em.. but meh.. thats the way it is in life isnt it?

Details about what he has done so far and for all the other sessions as well when they are done? With the snippet of info that has been provided (though dubious info at that) you can not really make a call on whether they are a shit PT or not.

i still got 2 sessions so i wont yet make a decision yet..

1st session tdday.. he got me to take a pic of myself before training.

Then prceeded to

1. he said he was testing my fast/slow tiwch fibres by getting me to do a bench press 1rm supersetted with preacher curls 1rpm

2. Then weak points by getting me to do lunges on a semi-ball thingy and see if i could get my knee on the ground (he mentioned i had weak hammies.. this is true i know this to be true)

3. Got me to squat on a semi-ball thingy with hands out front and mentioned i had compression on my lower spine by the way i squatted. This can be fixed apparently

3. Tested my stabalizer muscles by getting me to raise my arms up over the head with a dumbell by leaning forward over a bench. (this shit is hard to do.. i got 4 on the riht and 1 on the left hand)

Rest i cant remember

Session 2 - Diet and program.

I have read about fast twitch and slow ones somewhere (with scientific evidence) .. saying 100m sprinters have more fast twitch ..

1. You can test for Fast Twitch dominant people by seeing whether without training they can sprint, lift heavy etc and compare it to weight divisions. It is not accurate only a biopsy is accurate.

2. That tested your stability of your lead foot and not your hamstring strength.

3. That tested your stability again and an unstable squat is not the same as a stable squat so what ever occurred in that test is irrelevant to a normal squat. Also what is the compression of the spine he is talking about. Were you leaning to one side more or had too much of an arch in your back?

4. (Really the second third one as you can not seem to count at night). Shoulder stability through mostly lower trapezius and a bit id rhomboid and a little rotator cuff strength. Much better tests you can do but at least he thinks of your shoulder health.

Interesting thread guys.

Let's not forgot that for a very long time man thought the earth was flat and volcanos were gods unto themselves. We went onto learn a few things, which taught us other things which taught us others and now know that the world isn't flat, but a round (not quite spherical shape) and that volcanos erupt as a result of pressure within the earths core.

If the dude has 2 phd's he's very clever. If he's working in a gym, he's qualified. If he has done the work in his showcase he's got good coaching results. Question everything. Ask what suppersetting bp with curls achieves. If he can't tell you in a way a 9 year old can understand, ask why not.

Actually, it's more likely the 2nd why that'll get the right answer, why do squats on a bosu ball? Because XYZ. Why does that matter?

Dave, slightly off topic, but would underhand bent rows hit lower traps?

Lower trapezius is mainly a depressor of the scapula so anything that involves scapula depression will hit it. If you want to work it harder for shoulder stabilisation you can do prone Y's (google it). Using and underhand grip won't make that much of a difference if at all.

PB I agree, that is why I asked for details. He could be doing a lot of stuff that makes sense if explained. But then again he could also be doing crap.

Last edited:
Interesting thread guys.

Let's not forgot that for a very long time man thought the earth was flat and volcanos were gods unto themselves. We went onto learn a few things, which taught us other things which taught us others and now know that the world isn't flat, but a round (not quite spherical shape) and that volcanos erupt as a result of pressure within the earths core.

If the dude has 2 phd's he's very clever. If he's working in a gym, he's qualified. If he has done the work in his showcase he's got good coaching results. Question everything. Ask what suppersetting bp with curls achieves. If he can't tell you in a way a 9 year old can understand, ask why not.

Actually, it's more likely the 2nd why that'll get the right answer, why do squats on a bosu ball? Because XYZ. Why does that matter?

It always good "why"' usually by the third why, they'll start sounding like a useless bag of hair.

Dave, slightly off topic, but would underhand bent rows hit lower traps?

To help you understand this movement you need to imagine that the resistance is/must be behind the elbow...the hands and forearm just act as hooks.

Squeeze the scapula together before you pull the weight, to get the most out of this exercise.

When you finally do, you'll be amazed at some of the principles, one of my clients is certified.

Spot reduction.....amazing, tell people what they want to hear.

Telling you your food allergies by where your fat is stored. Fat storage sights occur in our early years, possibly 10 years before we ever ate that food. Tell people what they want to hear.

Doing a test for what type of fibers you have, then telling you your optimum rep range. Trent wants a big body, he needs to train EVERY fiber, therefore he needs EVERY rep range.

Zero idea on the quick lifts, the ones that create athletes. Everything is time under tension. If I ever need to create a slow athlete, I'll be sure to use that technique.

It takes years to learn the quick lifts so you can teach them, PB would know this. Cant be covered in his course, no matter how many Phd's you have.

I only have one, I keep it in my pants.

When you finally do, you'll be amazed at some of the principles, one of my clients is certified.

Spot reduction.....amazing, tell people what they want to hear.

Telling you your food allergies by where your fat is stored. Fat storage sights occur in our early years, possibly 10 years before we ever ate that food. Tell people what they want to hear.

Doing a test for what type of fibers you have, then telling you your optimum rep range. Trent wants a big body, he needs to train EVERY fiber, therefore he needs EVERY rep range.

Zero idea on the quick lifts, the ones that create athletes. Everything is time under tension. If I ever need to create a slow athlete, I'll be sure to use that technique.

It takes years to learn the quick lifts so you can teach them, PB would know this. Cant be covered in his course, no matter how many Phd's you have.

I only have one, I keep it in my pants.

Oh dear. Bit of an eye opener.

I think in the future we'll be able to break some ground, in terms of spot reduction, that will be quite a while away though. A long time.

The rep range thing is a bit strange. Building a great athlete involves working within the rep range of...20-1. Not 8-12, not 6-8, not 3-5, not 1-3, but a full spectrum.

In a way it doesn't take long to learn the quick lifts (snatch &/or the clean & Jerk), however it takes years to master it. It can take a good year or so of hard training to do a good snatch at body weight. It takes an even better teacher to teach an athlete how to do that. (S)he is going to have a lot of experience under the bar &/or developing skills & communicating them.

PTC could you clarify what you mean, I'm assuming you mean quick lifts i.e clean and jerk etc are the best for athletes explosive power, and are you saying that time under tension is useless?